Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,478 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching - Forum Games (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching (19865 Views)

A Prisoner Dies In Cell: Who Can Solve This Puzzle? / Who Is The Survivor In The Puzzle? / Can You Solve This Puzzle About Places In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching by gud4dbest(m): 1:18pm On Apr 20, 2017
MARX77:
The car is not in any of the boxes
box 2
Re: Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 20, 2017
Box 2
Re: Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching by iammrjohnson(m): 1:34pm On Apr 20, 2017
the car is in box 1.
Re: Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 20, 2017
Babamide:
The car is in box 2.
If the car is in box 1, statement 1 and 2 are true.
If the car is in box 2, only statement 3 is true.
If the car is in box 3, statement 2 and 3 are true.
Only 1 statement is true.

I'm far more confused by your explanation
Re: Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching by Idango(m): 1:43pm On Apr 20, 2017
The car is in box 2 correct.
Re: Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching by Dami42lola(m): 1:45pm On Apr 20, 2017
The car is in box 1 from the left..The box saying the car is not in the first one could easily pass for the box 1 depending on the direction you choose to count from...It is not in box two which that states pretty clearly too wink
Re: Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching by cutepaul(m): 1:51pm On Apr 20, 2017
Box 2 plsss
Re: Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching by enigma3000: 1:52pm On Apr 20, 2017
the answer depends on the statement u choose to believe
Re: Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching by khadaffi(m): 1:54pm On Apr 20, 2017
Babamide:
The car is in box 2. If the car is in box 1, statement 1 and 2 are true. If the car is in box 2, only statement 3 is true. If the car is in box 3, statement 2 and 3 are true. Only 1 statement is true.
Bro! I comoth my cap for u!
Re: Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching by KEMELU: 2:11pm On Apr 20, 2017
The car is in box 1.
Re: Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching by obailala(m): 2:17pm On Apr 20, 2017
Babamide:
The car is in box 2.
If the car is in box 1, statement 1 and 2 are true.
If the car is in box 2, only statement 3 is true.
If the car is in box 3, statement 2 and 3 are true.
Only 1 statement is true.

You are right, the car is in Box 2.
Re: Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching by mrgreen4real(m): 2:34pm On Apr 20, 2017
haba! na box 3 na!
Re: Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching by ModupeJ(f): 2:59pm On Apr 20, 2017
Box 2... Cos a car cannot be inside a box
Re: Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching by Gemc3(f): 3:00pm On Apr 20, 2017
Which box is in the car? Loool
Re: Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching by Pluskid(m): 3:14pm On Apr 20, 2017
Okay first of all the there is no car *IN* any of the boxes....the car is *ON* the boxes....Now...The correct statement is ```The car is not in box 1```

My reason....Only the statement under the third box gives full information indicating the box that the car is not in ....

The other statements just says *this* box
And we should assume that the statement under each box doesn't belong to it...

Actually if does belongs to it...No problem...the answer still remains the same.

But imagine if the images are there and the statement comes in this form

Statement 1
The car is in this box
Statement 2
The car is not in this box
Statement 3
The car is not in box 1

NB: Only one statement is correct

See from this we all know that only statement three makes sense...and of course makes the whole thing easy...but...that's me thinking...I might be wrong smiley
Re: Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching by offio(m): 3:48pm On Apr 20, 2017
K so I will try my best to explain d way I understand it.

if d car is in box 1 den it means statements 1 & 2 r right n just 3 is wrong and since we need just a true statement den box 1 is not d answer cuz it has 2 correct statements.

if d car is in box 3 den it means statements 2 & 3 r right n just 1 is wrong and since we need just a true statement den box 3 is not d answer cuz it has 2 correct statements.

If d car is in box 2 den it means jst statement 3 is right while statements 1 & 2 r wrong and since we need just a true statement den box 2 is d answer cuz it has 1 correct/right/true statement.

THE ANSWER is BOX 2

I hope u will understand.
Re: Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching by smemud(m): 4:12pm On Apr 20, 2017
1 is correct because it's written in bold letter.only ONE statement is true.
Re: Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching by Yusluv13(m): 4:22pm On Apr 20, 2017
the correct statement is (1) car is in the box. bcs I see car in the box. while 2 and 3 statement is wrong bcs 2 said there is no car in the box which make the statement lie. and 3) said there is no car in box1. I checked other again and I found car inside, mean that statement 3 is not true but lie as statement 2.so the answer now is 1).
Re: Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching by Ifeshyne(f): 4:23pm On Apr 20, 2017
namuguibe:
if you say the car is in box 1 then it means that's statements 1 and 2 are true because we can have only one true statement.
I think the car is in box 2 and only statement 3 is true.
What i said was that the clause is that only one statement is true, this also implies that only statement one (first statement) which says "the car is in this box" is true.
Re: Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching by Babamide(m): 4:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
maria43:

I'm far more confused by your explanation
Do u need me to explain again or u have gotten it?
Re: Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 20, 2017
there is a care in box 2. While the first n second statement are false, the third statement is true.
Re: Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 20, 2017
trishluvly:
Answer please?

The car is in box 2 while statement 3 is the only correct statement

1 Like

Re: Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching by francis247(m): 4:49pm On Apr 20, 2017
The car is in box 2
Re: Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching by Hizzojay(m): 4:53pm On Apr 20, 2017
richywhales:
The car is not in Box one.

The car is not in Box one.
Re: Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching by heryoub22(m): 6:06pm On Apr 20, 2017
Statement 2 z correct because statement 3 canceled statement 1
Re: Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching by namuguibe(m): 6:13pm On Apr 20, 2017
Ifeshyne:

What i said was that the clause is that only one statement is true, this also implies that only statement one (first statement) which says "the car is in this box" is true.
Nope, the clause is very clearly stated.:
"Only one statement is true" meaning that:-
Only one of the three statements is correct.
You may be misinterpreting it to mean that "statement one is correct".
Re: Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching by LoveJesus87(m): 6:27pm On Apr 20, 2017
emror4u:
who can solve this...
The answer is that the car is in Box 2. How?
Scenario one:
Since only one statement is true, then let's assume statement one is true and the other two statements false.
Statement one says the car is in this box. Assuming dat is true, den statement two dat says d car is not in dis box is false (dat means d opposite of statement two is "d car is in this box ) and statement three that says d car is not in box one too is false (dat means d opposite of statement three is " d car is in box1" ) in dis case d opposite of statement two contradicts the opposite of statement three and d actually statement one which we have taken as d control to be true. So there fore d three do not tally, so it can not give us d right answer.

Scenario two:
Assuming statement two is true and statement one and three are false, what do we have?
Statement two states d car is not in this box, assuming dat is true. Den statement one which says d car is in dis box is false ( opposite will "d car is not in dis box" ) and statement three which says d car is not in box one is also false ( opposite will be " d car is in box one" ) so in did case opposite of statement one and statement three contradicts so it can not give us d right answer.

Scenario three:
Assuming statement three is true and statements one and two are false, what does dat mean?
Statement three says d car is not in box one, assuming dat is true, den statements one which says d car is in dis box is false ( opposite will be "d car is not in did box" ) and statement two which says d car is not in dis box is false also ( d opposite will be " d car is in dis box" )
So in dis case everything tallies.
Statement three: d car is not in box one (true)
Statement one opposite: d car is not in dis box (true)
Statement two opposite: d car is in dis box (true)
All tallies.

Answer: Scenario three gives is the right answer. The car is in box 2! cheesy my award?
Re: Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching by larrypapa(m): 6:40pm On Apr 20, 2017
box 1 said the car dey inside am, box 2 said the car no dey inside am, na im box 3 come talk say the car no dey in side box 1. OK na thunder go fire dat box 3 wey talk say the car no dey inside box 1. no be person wey chop go know say I'm belleful. all dis yeye puzzle.... hisssssss
emror4u:
who can solve this...
Re: Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching by yuki7: 7:07pm On Apr 20, 2017
statement 2 is true
emror4u:
who can solve this...
Re: Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 20, 2017
Lol, guy easy abeg...

larrypapa:
box 1 said the car dey inside am, box 2 said the car no dey inside am, na im box 3 come talk say the car no dey in side box 1. OK na thunder go fire dat box 3 wey talk say the car no dey inside box 1. no be person wey chop go know say I'm belleful. all dis yeye puzzle.... hisssssss
Re: Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching by MsSantaClaus(f): 6:07am On Apr 21, 2017
Statement 3 is True
Statement 2 is False
Statement 1 is False,
Therefore the Car is in Box 2

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Similarities & Differences ( S & D ) / UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession / Genius: Calculate The Number Of Triangles In This Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.