Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,391 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Real Madrid Vs Barcelona Sunday, At 7:45 Pm Today - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona Sunday, At 7:45 Pm Today (1144 Views)

Real Madrid Vs Barcelona : El Clasico (2 - 0) On 1st March 2020 / Real Madrid vs Barcelona, Spanish Super Cup (2 - 0) On 16th August 2017 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona :El Clasico (2 - 3) On 23rd April 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Madrid Vs Barcelona Sunday, At 7:45 Pm Today by Sanchez01: 10:08am On Apr 19, 2017
It's almost time for El Clasico and the stakes could hardly be higher.

Real Madrid can take a huge step towards the title if they claim the three points, but Barcelona will be out to blow the race wide open.

Luis Enrique's side are three points behind Real Madrid having played a game more than their rivals, but a victory at the Bernabeu would certainly make things interesting.

In fact, it would send them top of the table with a superior head-to-head record, putting Real Madrid under real pressure to win their game in hand against Celta Vigo.

Real Madrid have the advantage at the top of La Liga

In order for that to happen, however, Barcelona will need to drastically improve their abysmal record in big away games this season.

Barca were beaten 3-1 by Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium earlier in the campaign, and their heavy defeats at Paris St Germain and Juventus are also fresh in the memory. In La Liga, there was also the 2-0 defeat at Malaga after Madrid had dropped points last weekend.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona Sunday, At 7:45 Pm Today by Sanchez01: 10:12am On Apr 19, 2017
In other words, Barcelona simply have not been competitive when it matters, a sign of a team that needs a new impetus.

Real Madrid, on the other hand, have made a habit of rising to the big occasions - a trait which is typified by Cristiano Ronaldo.

His total of 28 goals in 37 appearances is modest by his standards, but he is producing more one-touch finishes, he is shooting more frequently from inside the box, and he is also patient enough to wait for the ball to reach him in dangerous positions.

Barcelona have wobbled in recent weeks

As we have pointed out on Revista for over a year, he is becoming a great out-and-out striker. And he has proved that at key moments throughout the season.

Most recently, he was the hero at the Allianz Arena when he scored both of Real Madrid's goals in their 2-1 win over Bayern Munich in the Champions League.

And back in November, when Madrid travelled to the Vicente Calderon to face Atletico, he fired a memorable hat-trick to seal an important 3-0 win. Another big game, another big performance.

Ronaldo was unable to make the difference in the last Clasico, when Real Madrid needed a last-minute equaliser from Sergio Ramos at the Camp Nou, but you wouldn't bet against him making an impact on Sunday.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona Sunday, At 7:45 Pm Today by Sanchez01: 10:15am On Apr 19, 2017
Madrid come into the game in far better form than their rivals.

Zinedine Zidane's side were held to a draw by Atletico in their last home fixture, but they have won eight of their last 10 games in all competitions and drawn the other two.

Barcelona, meanwhile, have endured their toughest period of the season. In fact, they have lost as many games in the last five weeks as Madrid have lost in the entire season.

As always with Barca, a lot will depend on Lionel Messi. The Argentine has received criticism for some of his performances in big games recently. But he has not been helped by the team and their tactics.

Against Juventus, Barcelona dropped too deep, didn't work with intensity without the ball and made costly defensive mistakes. Messi was actually their best player, and his stats for the season still make incredible reading.

Lionel Messi's remarkable goal-scoring numbers this season

With two goals and an assist against Real Sociedad on Saturday, Messi has now scored 45 times in 44 games this season and registered 14 assists. If he can add to those numbers at the Bernabeu, Barcelona will certainly stand a chance.

As we all know, however, it is not just about Ronaldo and Messi. These two sides have world-class talent all over the pitch, but when it comes to options from the bench, it's Real Madrid who have the edge.

Take the two sides' recent Champions League clashes against Bayern Munich and Juventus.

Real Madrid's options from the bench included Isco, Alvaro Morata, Marco Asensio and James Rodriguez - four players capable of conjuring a late moment of magic.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona Sunday, At 7:45 Pm Today by Sanchez01: 10:43am On Apr 19, 2017
What we expect of Marcelo on Sunday grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGy20gMV6NM
Re: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona Sunday, At 7:45 Pm Today by HARDDON: 10:44am On Apr 19, 2017
Real wud thrash barca.
4:1

their form on d road is wack.

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona Sunday, At 7:45 Pm Today by BoleAndFish: 3:14pm On Apr 19, 2017
Sanchez01:
What we expect of Marcelo on Sunday grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGy20gMV6NM
What the....! !! !!!! !!! ! grin grin grin grin

Marcelo is the best left back the world has ever had!!!!! He's better than Roberto Carlos. cool

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona Sunday, At 7:45 Pm Today by Sanchez01: 3:16pm On Apr 19, 2017
BoleAndFish:
What the....! !! !!!! !!! ! grin grin grin grin

Marcelo is the best left back the world has ever had!!!!! He's better than Roberto Carlos. cool
Carlos was never as creative as Marcelo. That moment when Marcelo own Messi grin grin grin
Re: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona Sunday, At 7:45 Pm Today by Sanchez01: 3:27pm On Apr 19, 2017
Real Madrid Team News
-Welshman, Gareth Bale remains a doubt for the clasico, having sustained a calf injury against Bayern Munich in Germany.
-Pepe remains a doubt owing to a rib injury which had seen him off of the pitch against Bayern on both legs.
-Rafael Varane remains a doubt after been sidelined over an injury.

Barcelona Team News

-Javier Mascherano is likely to miss El Clasico after picking up a calf strain in the Champions League against Juventus.
-Rafinha is also out after limping off in the 4-1 win over Granada.
-Aleix Vidal is out for the rest of the season.
-Neymar would not feature in the el Clasico after picking up a red card which he protested by applauding the fourth official. He is presently serving a three-match ban.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona Sunday, At 7:45 Pm Today by Suspect33(m): 12:07pm On Apr 21, 2017
the santiage bernabeu is my training ground, hope you still remember the 4 - 0 whooping ehh... MSN oya jare
Re: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona Sunday, At 7:45 Pm Today by Sanchez01: 12:23pm On Apr 21, 2017
Suspect33:
the santiage bernabeu is my training ground, hope you still remember the 4 - 0 whooping ehh... MSN oya jare
I just hope you won't disappear come Sunday grin
Re: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona Sunday, At 7:45 Pm Today by Sanchez01: 5:03pm On Apr 22, 2017
Team News Update

- Gareth Bale has been announced available to play. grin
- Barcelona are presently confused over Neymar's appeal after the tribunal could not sit over the petition brought forward by the Catalan club. However, Camp Nou lawyers are claiming Neymar could feature in the game as the tribunal did not sit over the case.
- For Barcelona, Aleix Vidal is out for the remainder of the season, while Rafinha is also still sidelined and Javier Mascherano is doubtful.

Cc
Suspect33 grin
Re: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona Sunday, At 7:45 Pm Today by Sanchez01: 5:07pm On Apr 22, 2017
Real Madrid potential lineup

Re: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona Sunday, At 7:45 Pm Today by Sanchez01: 5:09pm On Apr 22, 2017
Barcelona potential lineup.

Re: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona Sunday, At 7:45 Pm Today by Sanchez01: 5:10pm On Apr 22, 2017
BEST OPTA MATCH FACTS

- Real Madrid are the Liga side that has beaten Barcelona the most often in the competition's history (72 times), while Barca (68 wins) are also the team that has beaten Madrid the most.

- Los Blancos have not lost in the last two Liga Clasico clashes (won one, drawn one), their best unbeaten run against Barcelona in the Primera Division since March 2013, with Jose Mourinho as coach. However, both of those came at Camp Nou and Barca won 4-0 on their last visit to the Santiago Bernabeu.

- Since becoming the fixture's all-time top scorer with a hat-trick in a 4-3 win in 2014 at the Bernabeu, Lionel Messi has played in six Clasico clashes without scoring, his worst run against Real Madrid (all competitions).

- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 16 goals in the Clasico in all competitions. Only Alfredo Di Stefano (18) and Messi (21) have scored more.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona Sunday, At 7:45 Pm Today by BoleAndFish: 5:24pm On Apr 22, 2017
Sanchez01:
Real Madrid potential lineup
I'm always doubtful of our performance each time I see Benzema in the lineup. angry
Re: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona Sunday, At 7:45 Pm Today by Sanchez01: 7:46pm On Apr 22, 2017
BoleAndFish:
I'm always doubtful of our performance each time I see Benzema in the lineup. angry
Honestly, I share your sentiment concerning Benzema. Ironically, the dude has this weird luck when playing Barcelona.

My joy is that Morata would be on standby to see the game off, just as Bale. I'd prefer Benzema starts while Morata becomes the amazing super sub as always.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona Sunday, At 7:45 Pm Today by BoleAndFish: 7:53pm On Apr 22, 2017
Sanchez01:

Honestly, I share your sentiment concerning Benzema. Ironically, the dude has this weird luck when playing Barcelona.

My joy is that Morata would be on standby to see the game off, just as Bale. I'd prefer Benzema starts while Morata becomes the amazing super sub as always.
I just hope that "weird luck" comes through tomorrow if not!!!! I go go press am for sleep for night after the match. angry
Re: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona Sunday, At 7:45 Pm Today by Sanchez01: 8:10pm On Apr 22, 2017
BoleAndFish:
I just hope that "weird luck" comes through tomorrow if not!!!! I go go press am for sleep for night after the match. angry
grin grin grin grin grin grin

@the emboldened, that is one strong 'South-South' belief grin

I somewhat believe he'd pull through, despite knowing he would waste a couple of chances. For all it's worth, I sincerely hope Zidane would talk sense into his head tomorrow. We surely need those weird luck of his.

Of all the players in our ranks, the only two player I don't have a single faith in is Benzema and Danilo.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona Sunday, At 7:45 Pm Today by BoleAndFish: 8:43pm On Apr 22, 2017
Sanchez01:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

@the emboldened, that is one strong 'South-South' belief grin

I somewhat believe he'd pull through, despite knowing he would waste a couple of chances. For all it's worth, I sincerely hope Zidane would talk sense into his head tomorrow. We surely need those weird luck of his.

Of all the players in our ranks, the only two player I don't have a single faith in is Benzema and Danilo.
Real matters bruhh!! No be fairy tale grin grin

Zidane often loves to keep Benzema on the pitch even when he's missed a gazillion of chances. Even when he substitutes him, it's always a late substitute. Let's see what tomorrow holds. Barcelona may be in a bad form right now but each time they face Madrid, they suddenly gain form. We have to be very careful so that the last encounter at Santiago Bernabéu doesn't repeat itself.

Yea, right. Benzema and Danilo are unreliable. One player in Madrid I feel isn't applauded enough is Carvajal!!!! That dude is world class.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona Sunday, At 7:45 Pm Today by Sanchez01: 9:34pm On Apr 22, 2017
BoleAndFish:
Real matters bruhh!! No be fairy tale grin grin

Zidane often loves to keep Benzema on the pitch even when he's missed a gazillion of chances. Even when he substitutes him, it's always a late substitute. Let's see what tomorrow holds. Barcelona may be in a bad form right now but each time they face Madrid, they suddenly gain form. We have to be very careful so that the last encounter at Santiago Bernabéu doesn't repeat itself.

Yea, right. Benzema and Danilo are unreliable. One player in Madrid I feel isn't applauded enough is Carvajal!!!! That dude is world class.
The thing shock me grin

I believe I understand Zidane's sentiments; he is French, just as Benzema and also a very patient coach. I also believe he can't afford to bring on Morata very late in the game tomorrow. And apart from the immediate resurrection of Barce when playing Madrid, they need the game more than we do, and worst still, a draw would do them no good. They just have to win and they understand that.

Carvajal, I'm no distant time would permanently establish his game not just in the first 11,but also in the heart of every Madridsta. There is no greater feeling in football than seeing defenders utilizing flanks like Marcelo and Carvajal do I'm every game. Carvajal's full emergence is only a matter of time.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona Sunday, At 7:45 Pm Today by Sanchez01: 5:05pm On Apr 23, 2017
Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane on Cristiano Ronaldo:

"I don't know if there's a category for him. What you see Cristiano doing is really impressive. The goals, the way he finishes them, in such key, important moments," said Zidane of the No. 7.

"He always knows when there's an important occasion, he's going to be there. It is out of any sort of category. There are few players who can to do what Ronaldo has done and we all know that."

Barcelona boss Luis Enrique:

"It will be difficult to lift my players up after this, but it will be easy to motivate them. We have the best stimulus that any Barcelona fan could ask for which is that we play against our eternal rival. There's no better place to go than the Bernabeu.

"We have the chance to get back in the fight for La Liga in a six-pointer against the side top of the league. I love being involved at a club as ambitious as this."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/23/real-madrid-vs-barcelona-el-clasico-watch-live-score-la-liga/

Cc
Mukina2
Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Euro 2012 Betting Predictions: Czech Vs Poland || Greece Vs russia / Hulk Deal To Chelsea 90 Per Cent Complete / Reasons Why Manchester United Is Untouchable !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.