Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,925 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

She Is Getting On My Nerves - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Is Getting On My Nerves (2268 Views)

My Elder Brother Is Getting On My Nerves / Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand / Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Is Getting On My Nerves by mindeh(f): 4:57am On Jan 03, 2010
What do you do when you have a mother who will never find anything good in what you do.I try my best to please her but she finds fault in everything i do.Am the last born in a family of two and my elder brother is always treated better than i am.She hurts me so much and i cant take it anymore.I get good grades,am obedient,i do the house chores ,so why this hate and am not ugly because i hear some parents hate ugly children.She is making my life miserable!I feel like talking back at her but i cant because i still respect her but this respect is slowly fading.Each time i tell my dad and he confronts her she accuse him of taking sides.Help.
Re: She Is Getting On My Nerves by Nobody: 5:12am On Jan 03, 2010
Just take it easy, i understand, Please keep respecting her as you grow older you both are gonna be very close and even inseperable, its commong btwn girls and thier moms especially when the girls are in their formative years
Re: She Is Getting On My Nerves by sexyLeamon(f): 6:06am On Jan 03, 2010
I guess all I can say is that she's your mother, and for now, she is responsible for your life. Unless you want to out-right rebel against her and leave home, all I can tell you to do is to live with it and hope your mother comes to a realization on how much she is torturing you. Unfortunately for humans, we can't choose our parents.

mindeh:

and am not ugly because i hear some parents hate ugly children.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: She Is Getting On My Nerves by tallgal(f): 8:29am On Jan 03, 2010
God loves you as you are. I have a very critical mother, it used to get on my nerves until I understood that God's opinion is what matters. It may also be that she wants the best for you and her criticism is her way of saying "you can do better". I didn't understand that about my mum until I turned 30.
Re: She Is Getting On My Nerves by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 03, 2010
Pray for more patience.

If you don't get it, pray for the wisdom to talk back like an adult. Deal with the issue at hand calmly and tell her why you disagree. I had to give my dad small pepper b4 he stopped hassling me all the time. And yes, at some point i felt like this too. And he's mellowed now.
Re: She Is Getting On My Nerves by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 03, 2010
yea sometimes mothers can be annoying but we got to suck it up
Re: She Is Getting On My Nerves by 28Schweet(f): 9:05am On Jan 04, 2010
I suggest you talk to your mother, I don't know how it works where you are, but in some households boys are treated better because they 'stay' whereas the girls marry and leave the home, so they are expected to excell in everything because they'll be representing where and how they were raised when they get to where they are meant to be. Ask your mother what the issues are, how old are you anyhow?
Re: She Is Getting On My Nerves by iice(f): 2:29pm On Jan 04, 2010
Pray for patience and perseverance.
Re: She Is Getting On My Nerves by echobee(f): 11:56am On Jan 05, 2010
pray and fast
Re: She Is Getting On My Nerves by Niiade(m): 12:35pm On Jan 05, 2010
I'm also in your shoes,but i'm pulling free now but not out yet.u need to start by totally accepting her&her actions,then think more of yourself improve ur self esteem and do thing that please u and not ur mum everytime.hang with good friends dat can help with opportunties with ur careers and hang out.u'l from em.stand up for urself in the house but not too long 4 a serious arguement.she loves u,but u should know u re different from ur bro.,her reaction to u will be different.im 25 and my mum chases my gf and other girls away from me,but she has stopped dat now

1 Like

Re: She Is Getting On My Nerves by agathamari(f): 5:23pm On Jan 06, 2010
noone can make you feel inferior without your consent.

ignore the bad, not her. she says something negative you know is untrue, leave it be and think positive.
Re: She Is Getting On My Nerves by ifyalways(f): 5:39pm On Jan 06, 2010
Dont stop loving,repscting and treating her like ur mother.Love works wonders.
May God give u the needed strenght and grace.
Re: She Is Getting On My Nerves by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 06, 2010
Eya, i feel for you. I have never experienced what you feel but i know it hurts deeply.
Keep persevering and showing her excessive love. All will be well.
Re: She Is Getting On My Nerves by Busybody2(f): 7:02pm On Jan 06, 2010
Learn to leave her to her own device, like someone already mentioned, its a common phenomenon, and girls tend to be close to their Dad. As long as she doesn't hit you, learn to tune her out when she starts nagging.

If it helps, do all that is required of you at home, then bone her side, you could also capitalise on your close relationship with your Dad and spend more time with him, but refrain from reporting your Mum to him all the time to avert them becoming each other's sworn enemies. Console yourself with the thoughts that he married her, hence knows her character, hence the reason he always defends you.
Re: She Is Getting On My Nerves by Youngpo413: 12:05am On Dec 06, 2014
tallgal:
God loves you as you are. I have a very critical mother, it used to get on my nerves until I understood that God's opinion is what matters. It may also be that she wants the best for you and her criticism is her way of saying "you can do better". I didn't understand that about my mum until I turned 30.
correct
Re: She Is Getting On My Nerves by mutter(f): 1:42am On Dec 06, 2014
As a mum I can tell you I have a son who gets great grades and helps in the house but I am constantly on him because.
- he gets good grades but does not spend enough time reading.
-is laid back and day dreams too much
- needs to be woken up
- can do things in a snail tempo.
It absolutely irritates me because I know that you need more than good notes in life. I want him to learn to be reliable, consistent and have self discipline.
Why am I writing this?
Your mother has noticed some things about you that need to be corrected. You think they are minor issues but they are very important.
As soon as you correct them she will leave you in peace.
it would be nice if you could give instances of what she complains about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Is Getting On My Nerves by Youngpo413: 5:51am On Dec 06, 2014
mutter:
As a mum I can tell you I have a son who gets great grades and helps in the house but I am constantly on him because.
- he gets good grades but does not spend enough time reading.
-is laid back and day dreams too much
- needs to be woken up
- can do things in a snail tempo.
It absolutely irritates me because I know that you need more than good notes in life. I want him to learn to be reliable, consistent and have self discipline.
Why am I writing this?
Your mother has noticed some things about you that need to be corrected. You think they are minor issues but they are very important.
As soon as you correct them she will leave you in peace.
it would be nice if you could give instances of what she complains about.
your posts are always meaningful...kudos to you.
Re: She Is Getting On My Nerves by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 06, 2014
mindeh:
What do you do when you have a mother who will never find anything good in what you do.I try my best to please her but she finds fault in everything i do.Am the last born in a family of two and my elder brother is always treated better than i am.She hurts me so much and i cant take it anymore.I get good grades,am obedient,i do the house chores ,so why this hate and am not ugly because i hear some parents hate ugly children.She is making my life miserable!I feel like talking back at her but i cant because i still respect her but this respect is slowly fading.Each time i tell my dad and he confronts her she accuse him of taking sides.Help.

We parents are harder on those we love the most. We always want them to do better and fly higher.

1 Like

Re: She Is Getting On My Nerves by Richy4(m): 10:36pm On Dec 06, 2014
let us look at it this way. maybe she is preparing you to be a better person/ mother to be. how you can face a difficult mother-in law. it could be a blessing in disguise.

just hang in there, if you are 22 and above, it is a matter of few years.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rising Case Of Violence Against New Mothers, It's Abominable / Why Do Individuals Cherish Their Mothers more Than Their Fathers??? / Hilarious Photos Of What Could Happen When You Let Dad Care For Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.