Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,990 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef (21089 Views)

Mystery Cows: Kogi Bans Beef Consumption In Lokoja / You Can't Eat This Food For One Week And Your Life Will Remain The Same (PHOTOS) / 46 Local Nigerian Food Recipes For Diabetic Patients (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef by Spazwik: 4:23pm On Jun 19, 2017
How to Make Fish Stew

Image Credit: Africanbites

This dish is flavorful, straight down to the fish bones. It is a fusion of herbs and spices with the rich flavor of fish. It is simply delicious! This stew goes well with rice, pasta, boiled yam and plantain and you can infuse your own flavor. Dang!

Method

1. Start by marinating the fish. Wash, scale and cut 1½ kilograms of fish. Place the fish in a bowl then season with ½ teaspoon garlic (minced), ½ teaspoon thyme, ½ teaspoon ginger (minced), ½ teaspoon pepper, 1 seasoning cube, and salt. Mix the seasoning into the fish. Set aside in the fridge and marinate for 30 minutes or overnight.
2. When ready the use, remove fish from the fridge and lightly shake off marinate sticking out. Heat ½ cup vegetable oil in a saucepan until hot. Add the fish and cook for about 3 minutes on both sides. Remove fish and set aside.
3. Drain the oil from the saucepan leaving about 3 tablespoons of oil the pan. Add the onions (diced), tatase (diced), ½ teaspoon garlic (minced), bay leaf and 1 teaspoon thyme and saute for about 2 minutes. Stir frequently.
4. Add the tomatoes (chopped) and 1 seasoning cube. Allow simmering for about 5 minutes with about ½ cup of stock (or water). Add the spring onions (chopped), fish and about ½ cup of water. Cook for about 4 minutes. Add basil (chopped) and allow to simmer. Adjust seasoning and thickness with stock or water.
5. Serve.
Get all your Ingredients Online at fish stew
Re: Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef by Spazwik: 3:48pm On Jun 20, 2017
How to make Indomielette

Now, this is what we call noodles with a difference. So many of you prepare noodles and eggs separately but right now, this has been made as a one pot dish. Plantains & vegetables have also been added making it more colorful and even tastier.

Method

1. Wash and slice the vegetables and also the plantain. Set aside
2. Fry the plantain and set aside (covered)
3. Parboil the noodles. Do not allow to cook through so that it doesn't get soggy when placed in frying pan with eggs
4. Break the eggs into a bowl, add salt and seasoning cubes. Beat together and pour over the noodles with the vegetables and plantain. Cover the pan and allow to cook through for about 10 minutes
5. Remove and slice with pizza slicer if you like. Enjoy your noodles

Get all your Ingredients Online at Indomielette

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef by Spazwik: 1:41pm On Jun 23, 2017
How to make Gbegiri (Bean Soup)

Prepare this soup for anybody from Ibadan and they will love you. It may be quite a process but it is delicious and that more than makes up for the effort put in. The popular way to have gbegiri is with amala and ewudu...So finger licking good!!!

Method

1. Clean the chicken and put in a pot. Add in seasoning cube, garlic powder, ½ diced onion and some water. Allow to cook for about 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and pour the stock into a bowl. Set aside. Any other meat/fish can also be used for gbegiri.
2. Soak the beans in water, peel and strain the shaft. Put a pot over medium heat, add in the peeled beans and water to cover it. Allow to cook until very tender so it mashes very easily.
3. You may need to add in more water as it cooks but make sure the water is always the same level with the beans, not too much or too little.
4. Using a masher, start to mash the beans. Alternatively for a smoother consistency use a blender. Pour the contents into a bowl. Set aside.
5. Blend the peppers, ½ onion and crayfish.
6. Put a pot over medium heat and allow the palm oil heat up. Pour in ½ onion (chopped). Allow to fry for about 3 minutes. Add in the blended pepper and stock. Allow to fry until the pepper thickens.
7. Pour in the beans puree and stir. Cook for 5 minutes and then check if the oil has started blending in with the ingredients. Also check that there is enough seasoning, if not add to taste. Leave to continue cooking, remember to stir every now and then to prevent it from burning.
8.Cook until the mixture is well incorporated and you achieve a light yellow colour all round, no palm oil floating at the edges. Add in the chicken (whole or shredded) sometime before the soup is fully done, depending on how soft you want it.
9. Serve with amala and stew. You can also have it with ewedu just like they do in Ibadan.

Get all your Ingredients Online at Gbegiri

2 Likes

Re: Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef by Spazwik: 1:09pm On Jun 28, 2017
Chicken In Tomato Sauce

You can't get tired of chicken with our chicken recipes. On days when you crave for an unusual tomato sauce with chicken, whip this up. The flavor from the fish and soy sauce leaves you longing for more. This is our new chicken delight you can't resist!

Method

1. Marinate the chicken in soy sauce and lemon juice for about 30 minutes. Drain the chicken from marinating and set aside.
2. Chop the onions and tomato and set aside. Mince the garlic and also set aside. In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat and saute the onions, tomato and garlic for about 2 minutes.
3. Add the chicken and sauce until nicely brown. Add the fish sauce, ½ cup of tomato paste, water, and stir. Reduce heat, cover and allow the mixture to boil for about 20 minutes.
4. Add the carrot, rodo and potato, all chopped and allow to cook for about 10 minutes or until potato is tender. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.
5. Serve with rice or pasta.

Get all your Ingredients Online at Chicken In Tomato Sauce
Re: Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef by ewa26: 4:34pm On Jun 28, 2017
Spazwik:
Chicken In Tomato Sauce

You can't get tired of chicken with our chicken recipes. On days when you crave for an unusual tomato sauce with chicken, whip this up. The flavor from the fish and soy sauce leaves you longing for more. This is our new chicken delight you can't resist!

Method

1. Marinate the chicken in soy sauce and lemon juice for about 30 minutes. Drain the chicken from marinating and set aside.
2. Chop the onions and tomato and set aside. Mince the garlic and also set aside. In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat and saute the onions, tomato and garlic for about 2 minutes.
3. Add the chicken and sauce until nicely brown. Add the fish sauce, ½ cup of tomato paste, water, and stir. Reduce heat, cover and allow the mixture to boil for about 20 minutes.
4. Add the carrot, rodo and potato, all chopped and allow to cook for about 10 minutes or until potato is tender. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.
5. Serve with rice or pasta.

Get all your Ingredients Online at Chicken In Tomato Sauce
hian! wat wrong with simple stew, okwa you wan give us headache well we no be oyinbo, instead of to say chicken stew you here forming ajebo, pls wat is that about?

1 Like

Re: Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef by Spazwik: 10:15am On Jun 29, 2017
lol, its just to entice your taste buds
ewa26:
hian! wat wrong with simple stew, okwa you wan give us headache well we no be oyinbo, instead of to say chicken stew you here forming ajebo, pls wat is that about?
Re: Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef by ewa26: 4:05pm On Jun 29, 2017
Spazwik:
lol, its just to entice your taste buds
ok oo
Re: Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef by Spazwik: 2:23pm On Jun 30, 2017
How to make Potato & Pepper Hash

[img]https://repurposedlife.files./2012/10/sweet-potato-hash-011.jpg[/img]

Image Credit: Repurposedlife

Hosting friends and family and looking for a breakfast that is simple and scrumptious, pull out this recipe. This will suit both hungry bellies and picky eaters and they will not stop singing your praise. Let me add that this is a vegan recipe.

Method

1. You will need to boil the potatoes and boil for about 15 minutes or until they are tender. Drain off the water and allow to cool. Dice the onions to fill ½ cup and set aside.
2. While the potatoes are cooking, cut the rodo and tatase into ½ inch thick rings. Remove the seeds by placing them under running water and pressing the seeds out with your thumb.
3. Heat the 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat, add the onions, rodo and tatase and cook for about 10 minutes. While cooking the rodo and tatase, slice the potatoes to ½ inch thick.
4. Add the garlic, paprika and ½ teaspoon of salt to the pan. Stir and cook for 1 minute. Add 1 teaspoon of oil and increase the heat to medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and saute until they are heated through and begin to brown.
Get all your Ingredients Online at Potato and Pepper Hash

1 Like

Re: Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef by ebimarian: 1:11pm On Jul 01, 2017
Spazwik:
How to make Potato & Pepper Hash

[img]https://repurposedlife.files./2012/10/sweet-potato-hash-011.jpg[/img]

Image Credit: Repurposedlife

Hosting friends and family and looking for a breakfast that is simple and scrumptious, pull out this recipe. This will suit both hungry bellies and picky eaters and they will not stop singing your praise. Let me add that this is a vegan recipe.

Method

1. You will need to boil the potatoes and boil for about 15 minutes or until they are tender. Drain off the water and allow to cool. Dice the onions to fill ½ cup and set aside.
2. While the potatoes are cooking, cut the rodo and tatase into ½ inch thick rings. Remove the seeds by placing them under running water and pressing the seeds out with your thumb.
3. Heat the 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat, add the onions, rodo and tatase and cook for about 10 minutes. While cooking the rodo and tatase, slice the potatoes to ½ inch thick.
4. Add the garlic, paprika and ½ teaspoon of salt to the pan. Stir and cook for 1 minute. Add 1 teaspoon of oil and increase the heat to medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and saute until they are heated through and begin to brown.
Get all your Ingredients Online at Potato and Pepper Hash
Really nice....
Re: Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef by Spazwik: 4:14pm On Jul 03, 2017
How to make Beef & Spinach Stew (Shoko)

Image Credit: Girl Cooks World

This hearty and spicy stew from Ghana is scrumptious. Don't let the number of pepper scare you off, it is actually milder than anticipated. If you like your beef stew hot, feel free to add as much pepper as your taste buds can allow. Give this stew a go!

Method
1. Wash the beef and cut into cubes. Dice the onions, tomatoes, green chili and tatase and set aside.Also, chop the spinach and mince the garlic and set aside.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Brown the beef in the oil for few minutes then transfer to a bowl.
3. Heat the remaining oil in the same pan and saute the onions and garlic until the onions begin to turn golden. Add the tomatoes and cook for few minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water if necessary to prevent the mixture from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
4. Add the ginger, green chili and tatase and cook for few minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 1 cup of water and the seasoning cubes, alternatively add 1 cup of beef stock.
5. Add the beef and stir. Adjust seasoning. Cover the saucepan, reduce the heat and allow to cook for about an hour. Add the spinach and cook for about 10 minutes.
6. Serve with rice or pasta.

Get all your Ingredients Online at Beef & Spinach Stew
Re: Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef by geedimple(f): 10:22am On Jul 04, 2017
Am just gonna try out some of your recipes �
Re: Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef by Spazwik: 12:02pm On Jul 04, 2017
Yeeeh cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy, You can also get all your ingredients online, just click the links
geedimple:
Am just gonna try out some of your recipes �
Re: Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef by Spazwik: 5:13pm On Jul 04, 2017
How to make Moin Moin

Moin Moin with Ogi (pap) on a Saturday morning is a ritual in many Yoruba homes. Every time I'm away I crave this delicacy and I decided I have to make this myself. Here is moin moin the way my mama taught me, this way home is always with you.

Method

1. Before preparing - Soak your beans in a bowl of water for about 20 minutes and peel by rubbing the beans in between your palms until the skin comes off. Drain out the water with the skin. Soak again overnight or alternatively do this for about 3 hours.
2. Cook your eggs till they are hard boiled and slice into wedges. Tear apart the smoked Titus into a bowl while also deboning. Set aside.
3. Blend the tatase, rodo, beans, crayfish and ½ onion until smooth. Pour the mixture into a medium bowl, add in ¼ cup oil, the shredded fish, seasoning cubes, curry and mix.
4. How to fold the banana leaves - First soak leaves in salt water to clean it. Bring in both edges of the leaf blade to overlap (leaf spine facing you), one on the other closing off the bottom as tightly as possible (the end of the stalk). Almost like a cone.
5. Pad the base of a big pot and add in some water, about 1 inch high. Pour in the Moin Moin mixture. Fold in the open part of the leaf. Cook for about 1 hour or until firm.
6. Serve with a bowl of ogi or garri.

Get all your Ingredients Online at Moin Moin
Re: Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef by Spazwik: 4:36pm On Jul 05, 2017
How to make Dambu Nama

Dambu Nama, originating from Northern Nigeria has won hearts south of Nigeria. When we thought nothing could top suya and kilishi, we were introduced to this fluffy meaty snack. Now you get to make this in the comfort of your home no hawkers involved!!

1. Wash the meat and cut into chunks.
2. Put meat into a pot with 1½ seasoning cubes, half chopped onions, 2 crushed garlic cloves and ginger powder. Cook with a little water until very tender and the meat pulls apart very easily. Ensure water dries out.
3. Put meat on a cutting board and shred the meat using two forks to pull apart in opposite direction. Alternatively, pound meat in a mortar.
4. Transfer to mixing bowl. Add in the suya spice, remaining ½ seasoning and chili powder. Mix well and set aside.
5. Pour oil into a wok/frying pan and put on medium heat. Shallow fry the meat and stir constantly until golden brown and crumbly. Ensure the oil is not too much.
6. Allow cooling before serving. Dambu Nama can keep in the fridge for about 2 weeks if kept air tight.

Get all your ingredients online at Dambu Nama

1 Like

Re: Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef by NoToPile: 9:01am On Jul 06, 2017
Will try some of your recipes.

Been salivating since cry
Re: Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef by NoToPile: 9:05am On Jul 06, 2017
Spazwik:
How to make Goat Meat Pepper Soup With Potatoes

Why not make a meal out of your goat meat pepper soup, you will be glad you did. For this recipe we have added in potatoes for filling and carrots to balance out the meal. It is scrumptious and everything you would imagine it to be. Make yours today!

Method
q. Place a pot over medium heat. Add in the goat meat, 2 seasoning cubes, some salt, onion (chopped), garlic (peeled) ginger (peeled and cut into big chunks) and about 2 cup of water. Allow the meat to cook for about 50 minutes or until almost tender.
2. Peel and half the potatoes, scrape and cut the carrots into your preferred size. Set aside. Check the pot to ensure there is enough water left. Remove the pieces of ginger and garlic. Add in about 4 cups of water, the pepper soup spice and ground pepper.
3. Allow to simmer for a bit then check the seasoning level (particularly because you will be adding in potatoes and carrots), if not enough add more in. Pour in the potatoes and carrots, allow to cook for about 30 minutes. Make sure the potatoes and carrots cook through before removing from heat, If you need to add in more water, do that.
4. Serve hot in a bowl. You can also serve with a side of rice if not filling enough.

Get all your Ingredients Online cheesy cheesy : Meat Peppersoup with Potato

Is it sweet potatoes or Irish potatoes that will be used, or is any of the two okay.
Re: Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef by Spazwik: 1:17pm On Jul 06, 2017
Its best to use Sweet Potato
NoToPile:

Is it sweet potatoes or Irish potatoes that will be used, or is any of the two okay.
Re: Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef by Spazwik: 3:00pm On Jul 06, 2017
How to make Baked Moin Moin

[img]http://2.bp..com/-yQjhjK8i1PE/V1WsNjhgK7I/AAAAAAAAGB8/r6bj8sLJO7c3isH0lU6F7RfKrUn41ixcgCK4B/s1600/toroto.jpg[/img]

This recipe is special because we have decided to bake our moin moin. This meal will be perfect with either a cup of garri with cold water or pap/akamu. What else can you have with moin moin? Drop a comment below

Method

1. Set your oven to 200°C.
2. While the oven is heating, wash the beans well. Add all the ingredients together and blend. Taste to know if it is necessary to add more seasoning.
3. Grease the cups with vegetable oil. Pour the Moi Moi mix into the muffin cups.
4. Pour some water in the oven tray and place the cups with the Moi Moi mix in the tray.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes. Check it from time to time to ensure there is always water in the oven tray. If it looks like it is drying up, top up the water.
6. When done, leave to cool down completely and bring them out from the cups or just eat them from the cups.

Get all your Ingredients Online at Moin Moin
Re: Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef by NoToPile: 5:58pm On Jul 06, 2017
Spazwik:
Its best to use Sweet Potato

Thanks .
Re: Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef by darlenese(f): 6:19pm On Jul 06, 2017
oh my my my

see food

I wish I can eat them from my phone :-(

*crying*

1 Like

Re: Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef by Cedricayus(m): 5:49pm On Jul 08, 2017

1 Like

Re: Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef by Spazwik: 6:57am On Jul 11, 2017
wink The Technology never come, but you can try your cooking out na. I am sure you are good grin
darlenese:
oh my my my

see food

I wish I can eat them from my phone :-(

*crying*
Re: Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef by darlenese(f): 11:51am On Jul 11, 2017
Spazwik:
wink The Technology never come, but you can try your cooking out na. I am sure you are good grin

I can try Jor, but these food are just too tempting.

1 Like

Re: Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef by Spazwik: 4:42pm On Jul 11, 2017
How to make German-Style Apple Cake

Be rest assured that you can never go wrong with cake as your dessert. This cake is subtly spiced, rich and tender and perfect enough for a holiday table. It is one of our recipe exploding with apples. Enjoy with ice cream or salted caramel sauce. Yum!

Methods

1. Preheat the oven and generously grease a 9-inch springform pan with baking spray or butter and flour.
2 Combine the flour, light brown sugar, 200 g of white sugar, ½ teaspoon of nutmeg, 2½ teaspoons of baking powder, ¼ teaspoon of ginger, ¼ teaspoon of cloves(ground) and salt in large mixing bowl and nix thoroughly then set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, vanilla, oil and apple cider until well combined. Gently pour the mixture into the bowl of dry mixture (flour mixture). Using a rubber spatula, fold the batter together until well combined. Set aside.
4. Wash and peel the apples then cut into thin slices. Combine the slices of apple, cinnamon and 50 g of white sugar in a bowl. Toss continuously until the apples are coated.
5. Pour half of the batter in the already greased pan and layer with the seasoned slices of apple. Pour the remaining batter and top with the remaining apples. Bake for about 1 hour 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
6. Allow the cake to cool for about 20 minutes. Gently run knife around the edges of the pan, loosening edges that may be stuck.
7. Remove the cake from the pan, slice and serve.

Get All your Ingredients Online at German-Style Apple Cake
Re: Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef by Mofpearl: 7:23am On Jul 12, 2017
Following.

Let me go and look for something inersting to try

1 Like

Re: Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef by Mofpearl: 7:27am On Jul 12, 2017
For the indomielette, is there a substitute for noodles?

*The baked shrimps looks awesome.

1 Like

Re: Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef by Spazwik: 4:51pm On Jul 14, 2017
It's simply spicing up the Normal noodles you know
Mofpearl:
For the indomielette, is there a substitute for noodles?

*The baked shrimps looks awesome.
Re: Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef by Spazwik: 4:56pm On Jul 14, 2017
How to Make Coleslaw

Classic coleslaw is a go to salad/side for meals in Nigeria. You might encounter slight variations at your next Nigerian party, but the process is quite standard and super simple. In addition to the carrot and cabbage, some people add in green peas.

Method

1. Wash cabbage and scrape the carrot to clean it.
2. Grate up to 3 cups of cabbage and ½ cup carrot into a large bowl.
3. In another bowl mix the salad cream, salt (optional), sugar, black pepper (optional) and mayonnaise.
4. Pour the cream into the bowl of carrot and cabbage. Mix until well covered with cream.
5. Put in the fridge to chill for a while before serving.

Get all you Ingredients Online at Classic Coleslaw
Re: Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef by Mofpearl: 5:05pm On Jul 14, 2017
Spazwik:
It's simply spicing up the Normal noodles you know

I don't eat noodles so I was hoping there was something else I could use in place of it.
Re: Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef by Spazwik: 5:16pm On Jul 14, 2017
oh, are you allergic or just don't like it ?. you can make with spaghetti grin grin
Mofpearl:

I don't eat noodles so I was hoping there was something else I could use in place of it.
Re: Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef by Mofpearl: 5:38pm On Jul 14, 2017
Spazwik:
oh, are you allergic or just don't like it ?. you can make with spaghetti grin grin

It's actually because of my mum. She showed me a video about indomie or noodles (can't remember which one exactly been a few years) being unsafe to eat and that was it oo. Stopped eating noodles entirely + it's not very nutritious.

Looking forward to trying it with spaghetti grin
Re: Food Recipes you can't Resist | How to make Korean Beef by Spazwik: 10:15pm On Jul 14, 2017
Hehehe.. Can't disagree with that, Indomie is not Safe... But indomie is just too good tongue tongue
Mofpearl:

It's actually because of my mom. She showed me a video about indomie or noodles (can't remember which one exactly been a few years) being unsafe to eat and that was it oo. Stopped eating noodles entirely + it's not very nutritious.

Looking forward to trying it with spaghetti grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ / Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. / What Type Of Blender Should I Buy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.