Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,197 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time (18954 Views)

How To Be Safe In Your Hotel When You Fly To A Foreign Country / What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? / 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by Opinionated: 2:44pm On Apr 19, 2017
Doing something for the first time can make you very nervous and anxious. It is even worse if you are boarding a plane. Although the experience may be pleasant, the unpalatable things you have heard about flying may scare you. Beyond this, there are other important things that can disrupt your flight which are probably unaware of because you are flying for the first time. in line with this, Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency shares 9 things first-time flyers must know to enjoy their flight.

Arrive at the airport super early

Whether you are travelling within or outside Nigeria, you should arrive at the airport super early. This will help calm your nerves. But if you are first time flyer and you arrive late, you would be disorganised and uncoordinated. Consequently, you may miss your flight. Alternatively, you can arrive a day earlier and lodge in one of those Lagos airport hotels.

Keep your carry-on bag small and light

You should carry a portable bag where you can keep your valuables like passports and other important travel documents. It is easier to reach, anytime you need them.

Get in your seat and power down

You do not need to show everyone on the plane that you are a first-time flyer. It will simply reveal your stupidity. When you get on board, choose your seatmate carefully, sit and switch off your phone or place it on aeroplane mode.

Do not tip indiscriminately

There is nothing wrong with tipping. You can if you want to. However, don’t just tip everyone that demand money from you. You may end up tipping them with all your pocket money.

Avoid junk food

Eat proper food, not junk. You do not want to throw up at the airport or on the plane. It is highly possible that you may throw up because you are overwhelmed or anxious.

Don’t carry cash

It is not advisable to carry cash when you are flying let alone for the first time. You may lose your money. Before you travel, contact your bank to know how you can get an ATM card that you can use anywhere in the world. Besides, if you want to carry cash, do not carry too much cash.

Do not patronise touts to exchange money

There are all sorts characters at the airport. So, be careful who you deal with. Never patronise touts especially when it has to do with currency exchange. They may change the money at a higher rate or give you fake currencies. There are bureau de Change wherever you are travelling to.

Bring your headset

Your headset will keep you company when you are bored or anxious. You can listen to your favourite music. This will distract you from your worries about flying for the first time.

Don’t be fearful

Do not think about all the stories you have heard about flying. You should believe that nothing will happen. If you dwell on it for too long, you may end up not travelling. It is not easy but you have to ditch your fear or paranoia.

source: http://www.opinions.ng/9-must-know-tips-help-fly-like-pro-first-time/

cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

36 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by nengibo: 2:50pm On Apr 19, 2017
Nice one

1 Like

Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by joebeckz(m): 3:28pm On Apr 19, 2017
I messed up on my 1st trip. I did the above mistakes,
A good info for 1st time travelers especially Overseas... within 9ja is no big deal. na we we

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by veekid(m): 3:28pm On Apr 19, 2017
Only if happney65 Sabi all these before before
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by leksmedia: 3:28pm On Apr 19, 2017
Dont be like my grand pa that was travelling abroad and was offered food and drinks in the plane, Old man rejected everything, Only for him to go over 12 hours journey on a hungry stomach, Papa thought it will be paid for by him, when he got to his destination and was complaining he was super hungry , they were shocked as this airline was known to be top notch in feeding their passengers. So they asked papa, didnt they serve food in the plane, Papa said they did but me i cant waste money on those expensive meals oo, Everyone just burst into laughter, Haaaa Papa you have dull yourself oo, Its all paid for, Its free, anything you order is free, You can even ask for more said one of my aunts. grandpa said seriously? He was so mad that on his return flight, he drank over 21 cups of tea and juice cheesy cheesy he ordered for more plates of food. if possible he would have gotten take away lol for your website design, blog design, Ecommerce websites visit www.leksmediaconcept.com or call 08173091370

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by lovelove2323: 3:28pm On Apr 19, 2017
Good

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 19, 2017
Mynd44 have you flown before?
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 19, 2017
Don't tip at all...

Use the toilet at your hotel or house before travelling and avoid drinking too much water. If beans is your weakness...Avoid it like Bisola did TTT.

Do not overdress because you go pull shoe, pull belt, pull every every...Dress simple.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by hucienda: 3:30pm On Apr 19, 2017
Remember my first time ...

my heart comot for body as d plane enter sky ... then enta body back as the plane tire touch ground for destination
grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by BestySam(m): 3:31pm On Apr 19, 2017
Lol what about witchcraft?

1 Like

Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by Jajayi: 3:31pm On Apr 19, 2017
Additional: Be ready to get scared, cos as a first-time flyer, you will when the plane takes off

6 Likes

Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by Chukabiz(m): 3:31pm On Apr 19, 2017
I see
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 19, 2017
This is for those who fly commercial.
My first flight will be in a chartered plane and the subsequent ones in my private jet.

Millionaire ambition
Forget billions make one idiot no come blow whistle for my head grin

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by ihatebuhari(f): 3:32pm On Apr 19, 2017
grin
joebeckz:
A good info for 1st time travellers
grin
joebeckz:
A good info for 1st time travellers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by cardoctor(m): 3:33pm On Apr 19, 2017
Be ready to wait for long hours due to incessant delays and flight cancellations.

4 Likes

Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by okonja(m): 3:33pm On Apr 19, 2017
Opinionated:

Get in your seat and power down

You do not need to show everyone on the plane that you are a first-time flyer. It will simply reveal your stupidity. When you get on board, choose your seatmate carefully, sit and switch off your phone or place it on aeroplane mode.
LOL grin, Like say you go know who go sitdown beside you. cheesy, my friend It is when you and your pals are both booking together and probably both checked in online the sametime, that's when you get to choose you desire seat; either the aisle or window seat cool...Meanwhile it is called airplane mode and those hostesses are winch if they hear that. wink, You must jes turn off ya fone lipsrsealed

Do not tip indiscriminately

There is nothing wrong with tipping. You can if you want to. However, don’t just tip everyone that demand money from you. You may end up tipping them with all your pocket money.
N30 billion for the account. Nothing concern you. tongue

Avoid junk food

Eat proper food, not junk. You do not want to throw up at the airport or on the plane. It is highly possible that you may throw up because you are overwhelmed or anxious.

Thank you, there is toilet...nothing concern you with whatever I consume undecided

Don’t carry cash

It is not advisable to carry cash when you are flying let alone for the first time. You may lose your money. Before you travel, contact your bank to know how you can get an ATM card that you can use anywhere in the world. Besides, if you want to carry cash, do not carry too much cash.
Is it your money undecided

grin grin

5 Likes

Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by bumi10(m): 3:33pm On Apr 19, 2017
good one guy

my first time was

hmmmmm make i no talk sha

haha
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by Bashnigga(m): 3:34pm On Apr 19, 2017
Wear dark shades & bone ur face cool cool cool
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by jnrexper: 3:35pm On Apr 19, 2017
good
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by Amathylee(m): 3:35pm On Apr 19, 2017
BestySam:
Lol what about witchcraft?
u want to look 4 trouble habi.......kwantinu
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by Amathylee(m): 3:35pm On Apr 19, 2017
bumi10:
good one guy

my first time was

hmmmmm make i no talk sha

haha
but we knw dat u are lyin...so no need
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by Flashh: 3:36pm On Apr 19, 2017
You people still Cc. Lalasticlala without giving him breathing space? Just asking. It's been long. Lol.
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 19, 2017
Okay.
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by africandollar: 3:37pm On Apr 19, 2017
leksmedia:
Dont be like my grand pa that was travelling abroad and was offered food and drinks in the place, Old man rejected everything, Only for him to go over 12 hours journey on a hungry stomach, Papa thought it was paid for , when he got to his destination and was complaining he was super hungry , they were shocked as this airline was known to be top notch in feeding their passengers. So they asked papa, didnt they serve food in the plane, Papa said they did but me i cant waste money on those expensive meals oo, Everyone just burst into laughter, Haaaa Papa you have dull yourself oo, Its all paid for, Its free, anything you order is free, You can even ask for more. grandpa was so mad that on his return flight, he drank over 21 cups of tea and juice cheesy cheesy he ordered for more food. if possible he would have gotten take away lol

Mmmm...I would like to know this airline your grandpa traveled with that offers an 'all-you-can-eat' food service. Are you sure it wasn't Edo Airline 'cos I am sure they are the only airline in the world that could offer such service...I heard they even have a swimming pool inside where you can relax while flying.

6 Likes

Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by Tenim47(m): 3:37pm On Apr 19, 2017
oh GOD when wil i reach AIRPORT sad

3 Likes

Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by Pavore9: 3:38pm On Apr 19, 2017
Laughing....
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by joebeckz(m): 3:38pm On Apr 19, 2017
ihatebuhari:
grin grin
OP stop wearing Extra load.... grin
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by joebeckz(m): 3:38pm On Apr 19, 2017
ihatebuhari:
grin grin
madam stop wearing Extra load.... grin
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by HEIR: 3:40pm On Apr 19, 2017
I was smiling immediately the plane took off. You know the feeling, that euphoria like eh.....
Guess that's one flight I'll never forget, best ever.

3 Likes

Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by adeoba2008(m): 3:40pm On Apr 19, 2017
Thanks so much. Looking forward to when Blogging will take me out of Nigeria.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 / Pretty Lady Shares Inspiring Photos Six Weeks After A Traumatic Car Accident / Container Falls On A Company's Fence In Lagos. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.