Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time (18956 Views)

How To Be Safe In Your Hotel When You Fly To A Foreign Country / What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? / 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by Missmossy(f): 5:39pm On Apr 19, 2017
Lol.. Noted cheesy

1 Like

Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by piperson(m): 5:39pm On Apr 19, 2017
sollybaby

this reminds me of when I travelled to australia
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by Jenkinsanchez: 5:41pm On Apr 19, 2017
Divay22:

Don't worry grin say it cheesy cheesy
men,i love you undecided
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by Divay22(f): 5:43pm On Apr 19, 2017
Jenkinsanchez:
men,i love you undecided
Hahaha.... I don't believe that tongue
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by Jenkinsanchez: 5:50pm On Apr 19, 2017
Divay22:

Hahaha.... I don't believe that tongue
men, you have to believe that.
See, I confess love, men I don't profess love! undecided
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by Divay22(f): 5:54pm On Apr 19, 2017
Jenkinsanchez:
men, you have to believe that.
See, I confess love, men I don't profess love! undecided
Hmmmm..okay lemme believe you
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 19, 2017
Divay22:
Nah...i don't tag friends along tongue I want to be comfortable cheesy grin grin
You Bet!. No friends, just you and me. what could possibly go wrong?! cheesy
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 19, 2017
Stillbayo:

Are you talking from experience or YouTube? You Don see person way fly without training before?
Tf no. I'm scared of heights.
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by Divay22(f): 6:12pm On Apr 19, 2017
Polyphony:

You Bet!. No friends, just you and me. what could possibly go wrong?! cheesy
Nathing
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 19, 2017
Divay22:
Nathing
Exactly. now come to my heart shawty wink
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by ndiko: 6:39pm On Apr 19, 2017
leksmedia:
Dont be like my grand pa that was travelling abroad and was offered food and drinks in the plane, Old man rejected everything, Only for him to go over 12 hours journey on a hungry stomach, Papa thought it will be paid for by him, when he got to his destination and was complaining he was super hungry , they were shocked as this airline was known to be top notch in feeding their passengers. So they asked papa, didnt they serve food in the plane, Papa said they did but me i cant waste money on those expensive meals oo, Everyone just burst into laughter, Haaaa Papa you have dull yourself oo, Its all paid for, Its free, anything you order is free, You can even ask for more said one of my aunts. grandpa said seriously? He was so mad that on his return flight, he drank over 21 cups of tea and juice cheesy cheesy he ordered for more plates of food. if possible he would have gotten take away lol for your website design, blog design, Ecommerce websites visit www.leksmediaconcept.com or call 08173091370

Lol. Na correct man.
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by heybee72(m): 7:02pm On Apr 19, 2017
NevetsIbot:
not fair... I wanna fly too na.
Try witchcraft it's free grin grin
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by heybee72(m): 7:08pm On Apr 19, 2017
niyah24:
I didn't have issues my first time cos I travelled with a friend who's a constant flyer however while on board to n from my destination, I lost my hearing ability n it only got restored hours later.
Sat close to the wing of guess.. .. Hàd the same similar experience when I was flying last week in my dreams.. Mine was restored before I woke up... cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by giddexdguru: 7:18pm On Apr 19, 2017
I get paid $9 to share this link. You too can earn like me. Register here with an android or computer browser http://.net/7nJALh
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by hucienda: 7:48pm On Apr 19, 2017
tosyne2much:
But you go code am make other passengers no dey look you like bush boy cheesy

wetin man go do na cheesy ... I remember fumbling with the seat belt sef ... na air hostess come help me grin
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by HEIR: 8:38pm On Apr 19, 2017
Stillbayo:

Are you talking from experience or YouTube? You Don see person way fly without training before?
sky diving is quite extreme, not for the faint heart. If you need training, try the lesser stages like roller coaster, safari, bungee jump.....
Then you go confirm well if your liver strong reach.
Hold money for pocket too, guess its like $500 in the states and 2000 dirham in Dubai. Better still go to Ghana, try the bungee jump.
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by menwongo(m): 9:07pm On Apr 19, 2017
BestySam:
Lol what about witchcraft?

See your guy bellow

Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by menwongo(m): 9:10pm On Apr 19, 2017
heybee72:

Try witchcraft it's free grin grin

Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 19, 2017
potent5:

Are you a North Korean? You are looking for trouble.
check my profile. No be today I join this forum.
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by pacespot(m): 11:21pm On Apr 19, 2017
Also be watchful of those Nigerian immigration rogues preying on unsuspecting naive travelers.
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by niqqaclaimz(m): 1:54am On Apr 20, 2017
adeoba2008:
Thanks so much. Looking forward to when Blogging will take me out of Nigeria.
I feel u bro...work hard t get then
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by victorjoe(m): 5:43am On Apr 20, 2017
joebeckz:
I messed up on my 1st trip. I did the above mistakes,
A good info for 1st time travelers especially Overseas... within 9ja is no big deal. na we we

My first experience ehn! Hmmmm. I enter plane de form posh. As the thing take off I form reading paper. Somewhere along the line the thing come de do like say I de inside molue. You need see the speed I use lift up my head de observe everybody. Me just de wonder where this thing want park now make them just check that jerking, ehn?! See me de shake, one correct pally just whisper say make I calm down say no turbulence.

Anyways, I thank God say we land sha. Now I be pro.

1 Like

Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by Nobody: 6:54am On Apr 20, 2017
heybee72:

Sat close to the wing of guess.. .. Hàd the same similar experience when I was flying last week in my dreams.. Mine was restored before I woke up... cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lool...gud thing u woke up and didn't fly to anoda destination from dere
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by heybee72(m): 7:53am On Apr 20, 2017
niyah24:

Lool...gud thing u woke up and didn't fly to anoda destination from dere
My sister it was quite an experience...
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by mctowel01: 10:39am On Apr 20, 2017
niyah24:
I didn't have issues my first time cos I travelled with a friend who's a constant flyer however while on board to n from my destination, I lost my hearing ability n it only got restored hours later.
This got me, I also lost my hearing partially, like it was clogged, but my friend with me didn't feel the same. Thought something was wrong with me. I think it has something to do with air pressure
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by adeoba2008(m): 2:36pm On Apr 20, 2017
niqqaclaimz:

I feel u bro...work hard t get then

Thanks bro.
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by uvalued(m): 5:38pm On Apr 20, 2017
Opinionated:
Doing something for the first time can make you very nervous and anxious. It is even worse if you are boarding a plane. Although the experience may be pleasant, the unpalatable things you have heard about flying may scare you. Beyond this, there are other important things that can disrupt your flight which are probably unaware of because you are flying for the first time. in line with this, Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency shares 9 things first-time flyers must know to enjoy their flight.

Arrive at the airport super early

Whether you are travelling within or outside Nigeria, you should arrive at the airport super early. This will help calm your nerves. But if you are first time flyer and you arrive late, you would be disorganised and uncoordinated. Consequently, you may miss your flight. Alternatively, you can arrive a day earlier and lodge in one of those Lagos airport hotels.

Keep your carry-on bag small and light

You should carry a portable bag where you can keep your valuables like passports and other important travel documents. It is easier to reach, anytime you need them.

Get in your seat and power down

You do not need to show everyone on the plane that you are a first-time flyer. It will simply reveal your stupidity. When you get on board, choose your seatmate carefully, sit and switch off your phone or place it on aeroplane mode.

Do not tip indiscriminately

There is nothing wrong with tipping. You can if you want to. However, don’t just tip everyone that demand money from you. You may end up tipping them with all your pocket money.

Avoid junk food

Eat proper food, not junk. You do not want to throw up at the airport or on the plane. It is highly possible that you may throw up because you are overwhelmed or anxious.

Don’t carry cash

It is not advisable to carry cash when you are flying let alone for the first time. You may lose your money. Before you travel, contact your bank to know how you can get an ATM card that you can use anywhere in the world. Besides, if you want to carry cash, do not carry too much cash.

Do not patronise touts to exchange money

There are all sorts characters at the airport. So, be careful who you deal with. Never patronise touts especially when it has to do with currency exchange. They may change the money at a higher rate or give you fake currencies. There are bureau de Change wherever you are travelling to.

Bring your headset

Your headset will keep you company when you are bored or anxious. You can listen to your favourite music. This will distract you from your worries about flying for the first time.

Don’t be fearful

Do not think about all the stories you have heard about flying. You should believe that nothing will happen. If you dwell on it for too long, you may end up not travelling. It is not easy but you have to ditch your fear or paranoia.

source: http://www.opinions.ng/9-must-know-tips-help-fly-like-pro-first-time/

cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by pendragon35(m): 5:44pm On Apr 20, 2017
I keep on hearing all this flight gist,Lord i pray you change the history for our family.
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by erico2k2(m): 10:13am On Apr 23, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
LONG HAUL FLIGHTS:
- make sure you go online and pre-book your seat as much as 24hrs before the flight... Choose a proper seat with enough leg room for sleeping duty. Doing it at the check in can be a hit and miss, unless you arrive really early (no no for me)

- In most "proper" airport, you just need to arrive 1hr before Your international fight, and all is well (check in never closes before that)... No need to waste unlimited time at airport waiting for your flight. All airlines say that we should arrive 2/3hrs before departure simply because if everyone arrived 1hr before the flight, there wouldn't be enough time to check everyone before the flight takes off.

- party real hard the night before your flight, go home, quick shower and pick your bags straight to the airport. As soon as the plane is in the air, close your eyes ET VOILA, by the time you reopened them, you've arrived at your destination.

- always bring a comfortable sweater as their AC is a biatch.
That might back fire as some Airline charge for this.
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by erico2k2(m): 10:14am On Apr 23, 2017
mctowel01:

This got me, I also lost my hearing partially, like it was clogged, but my friend with me didn't feel the same. Thought something was wrong with me. I think it has something to do with air pressure
Yes its teh Air pressure up there, same like going under water.Ear plugs does the trick
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by erico2k2(m): 10:15am On Apr 23, 2017
pacespot:
Also be watchful of those Nigerian immigration rogues preying on unsuspecting naive travelers.
yes like one trying to tell a students its illegal to carry ripe plantain in your bag.
Re: 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:29pm On May 04, 2017
erico2k2:

That might back fire as some Airline charge for this.

Charge for what? Seating allocation?
Most long haul flights can be checked-in online up to 24hrs before the flight.... Seat allocation is part of that check-in procedure, unless you are flying some low cost company (like Condor etc)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 / Pretty Lady Shares Inspiring Photos Six Weeks After A Traumatic Car Accident / Container Falls On A Company's Fence In Lagos. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.