Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,303 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

"My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / "My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK (35787 Views)

DELSUTH Doctor Leaves Woman In Theater, Refers Her To His Private Clinic / Nursing Student Of Madonna University Dies In Her Sleep (Photos) / U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK by Tobyie: 6:31pm On Apr 19, 2017
This guy is just a stupid fool for posting this kind of thing online. If you dont have anything to invest your time in kindly carry you electrotherapy or kinesiotherapy textbook n read or just get a broom and be sweeping your hostel . These are people that make people not even in the medical field to make mockery of the profession as it is still developing in Nigeria. I need to communicate with your HOD. Physiotherapists are needed both in pre-operative and post operative procedure. Well i wont blame you too much you attend BUK and you are just starting clinical exposure.if you are haemophobic you can just cross over to non medical field. To whom it may concern, PHYSIOTHERAPIST"add life to years"

1 Like

Re: "My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK by zeezeegal(m): 6:35pm On Apr 19, 2017
Nairalanders And Checking Of Errors Are Like Female's Breasts "birth"
Re: "My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK by konfused: 6:37pm On Apr 19, 2017
Echi na, he will be awarded a certificate.......
ike gwuru
Re: "My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK by seguntijan(m): 6:39pm On Apr 19, 2017
*CREATIVITY:The powerful tool of an Entrepreneur*

Have you ever wondered why entertainment programmes fetch more money and pay more to the organisers and participants than education programmes? Here's partly why...

Education programmes (debates and quiz competitions) are more of intelligence and less of creativity. Entertainment programmes (BBN and BBA) are more of creativity and less of intelligence. And creativity will always pay more than intelligence.

In fact, the biggest entrepreneurs and job creators around the world are more creative than intelligent. They build businesses to employ the intelligent job seekers.

Now, let's connect this to our education system...

Have you ever been to a PTA meeting before? I attended one last month for my niece and during the testimonial time, what I heard most was, ".....my daughter or son is now intelligent because of..." None of the parents ever mentioned how creative their children are for attending the school and this is because creativity is not learnt in school.

I complained about how a child would stay in school from 8am-4pm (8 hours of schooling) and still come back home with assignments that could take 3 hours to finish and the response I got from teachers and parents is that it helps the child to be more "intelligent." Of course, they are saying the truth but the fact is that most of those kids end up becoming intelligent job seekers who lack creativity.

If you look at our education system critically, you would see that it was designed to produce intelligent graduates. It wasn't designed to produce creative graduates and that's why 95% of our first-class graduates are job seekers. They are highly intelligent but not so creative.

People who are highly creative are the ones who would easily drop out of school and end up building big successful business, and they don't care if the highly intelligent ones call them "illiterates" or "school dropouts." They have something that they are so proud of and that is lacking in most of the highly intelligent ones - CREATIVITY.

The great jobs of the future would be grabbed by those who are more creative while the highly intelligent but less creative ones would share what's left.

Whether you are a student or a graduate, a job seeker or a self-employed person, a business owner or an investor, a freelancer or a corporate person, CONSTANTLY DEVELOP YOUR CREATIVITY.
A 400 level student can't express himself in writing SMH
Re: "My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK by bi0nics: 6:41pm On Apr 19, 2017
Atlantian:
Go and die then.

Are you suffering from Alzheimer's Disease??
Re: "My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK by damilolaq99(m): 6:41pm On Apr 19, 2017
Friedyokes:
Birth? ..u took ur birth
The talk jst weak me o.
Re: "My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK by 36STATES: 6:42pm On Apr 19, 2017
I am not concerned about his English, I am more worried that a 4th year student physiotherapist is visiting a hospital for the first time.
In many countries, your study is 50% classroom 50% practical placement at a hospital.

This is why civilized countries don't recognize Nigerian certificates.
Re: "My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK by Jumeeeeesal(m): 6:43pm On Apr 19, 2017
Friedyokes:
Birth? ..u took ur birth
probably his village feofle @work grin
Re: "My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK by Ewoma45(f): 6:45pm On Apr 19, 2017
What exactly did you open this thread to do, show us silly pictures. I sincerely dont understand this your post o.
Re: "My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK by Atlantian: 6:48pm On Apr 19, 2017
bi0nics:

Are you suffering from Alzheimer's Disease??

Why dont you understand that some people are not worth my response. You are not worth it, pls. Go away, dont stink here.
Re: "My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK by giddexdguru: 6:51pm On Apr 19, 2017
I get paid $9 when you open this link. You too earn like me. Register here with an android or computer browser http://.net/7nJALh
Re: "My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK by olarwarleh(m): 6:51pm On Apr 19, 2017
clefstone:
Rubbish.

Silly show off.
Una dey jealous
Re: "My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK by atausenima(f): 6:54pm On Apr 19, 2017
THAT IS HOW UNA DEY DO,YOU WENT TO LEARN INSTEAD NA TO SNAP PIX,LATER YOU WOULD GRADUATE AS QUACK TO BE KILLING FELLOW HUMANS. cry

1 Like

Re: "My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK by Ginaz(f): 6:57pm On Apr 19, 2017
O.p congratulations. Make yourself and your family proud. It ain't easy taking on the medical route, Hope it's worth your pain and time at the end. Blessings to you.
Re: "My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK by Stevengerd(m): 6:59pm On Apr 19, 2017
I Remember Wen I Was Given Admission To Buk Anatomy 2013. Naso My Pman Tok Say, No I Can Open My Eyes And Let You Go To The North. And Dat Tyme E Dey Hot For Kano 2012/2013...... But I Thank God....
Re: "My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK by SgtKisswhere: 7:01pm On Apr 19, 2017
can't stand blood nd you re in the medical line?

Re: "My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK by zena2009(f): 7:04pm On Apr 19, 2017
DId you actually wore wrist watch to theatre Or just for the picture.
Re: "My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK by drnoel: 7:19pm On Apr 19, 2017
Friedyokes:
Birth? ..u took ur birth

Typo error. As if u no sabi
Re: "My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK by Nobody: 7:19pm On Apr 19, 2017
Bumbae1:
Physio and theatre lol can't you ppl see what i see

Please some google what a physiotherapist does main job pls
How you shouldn't be anywhere near blood .. your main jump to get people who have been i jured back on their fit

Na so wrong diagnosis they start ... and people be dieing RIp bro kiss rubbish undecided dats how one dies of asthma and they saying its cancer angry

Future docs Took my birth undecided na so u go wrongly prescribe drugs
So pissed off angry

If you live in a glass house, you should not throw stones at other people. Read what you just typed up there and tell us why you got 'pissed off' by his post.

Your 'delivered' worse blunder compared to his 'birth'.
Re: "My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK by drnoel: 7:19pm On Apr 19, 2017
clefstone:
Rubbish.

Silly show off.

Jealousy
Re: "My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK by Idydarling(f): 7:28pm On Apr 19, 2017
IZIBLAZE4JESUS:
Yes people,am a 400 level Physiotherapy student of Bayero university kano(BUK) and i started my surgical posting today.see how it went.
woke up 7:20(slept late doing assignment) took my birth,didnt eat,left room around 8 am.The bus picked us around 8:15.Got to Dala Orthopaedic hospital Kano, around 9 am.
HOD was angry with me cos i absconded yesterday's posting.later resolved the issue.He gave me Theater Attire and off me and my classmates to the threater.
Got to the theater changing,changed and into the theater.God!!!What I saw made me almost throw up(cant stand blood sighting)
Surgeons in the house i hail thee.
i was so restless ,just moving from one theater to another,sitting in a corner, squating became an option at a point.
i couldnt wait for it to b over.At 12pm,our bus was waiting for us.If u see as i run commot from theater.I managed to take some pix u knw!!!
Tank God I did not apply MBBS
Proudly a #PHYSIOTHERAPIST

who's the cute guy taking the selfie with you guys at the back? @ 2nd pix op?
Re: "My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 19, 2017
younghartz:

Cool.... Nice booking.

which one is . Again

/
na WA o...... He just came online to outline the reasons destiny never linked him to MBBS.

took my birth grin

1 Like

Re: "My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK by IZIBLAZE4JESUS(m): 8:00pm On Apr 19, 2017
abeg guys na typo error.was in d bus wen i created this tread.
For those of una .... make i no talk.This is not my first year in hospital but my first theater posting pls.
Re: "My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK by pestrolus2002(m): 8:05pm On Apr 19, 2017
Re: "My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK by IZIBLAZE4JESUS(m): 8:07pm On Apr 19, 2017
symbianDON:
a young man has his first time experience as a would-be medical personnel...he is excited and decides to share his experience with us....why the bashing and negative comments from some folks? congratulations man! I hope you eventually graduate and become a professional physiotherapist.
tanx bro
Re: "My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK by IZIBLAZE4JESUS(m): 8:16pm On Apr 19, 2017
Members of nairaland no get joy o.Some people cant jst over look somethings.As if na Essay i de write.SMH
Re: "My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK by olumosen(m): 8:19pm On Apr 19, 2017
Birth? This OP just come disgrace himself for nairaland
Re: "My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK by Heeyhun(f): 8:32pm On Apr 19, 2017
People like to over emphasize. One person already corrected the OP. It's enough. Everybody is just screaming *birth*

OP, try to proofread and edit before you post anything, not just for nairaland though, it helps and don't give the excuse of being in a bus, you could have posted it later.
Re: "My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK by Heeyhun(f): 8:33pm On Apr 19, 2017
People like to over emphasize. One person already corrected the OP, it's enough. Everyone is screaming *birth*

OP, try to proofread and edit before you post anything, not just for nairaland though, it helps and don't give the excuse of being in a bus, you could have posted it later.
Re: "My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 19, 2017
I wonder what mortuary attendants go through everyday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK by lilyheaven: 8:54pm On Apr 19, 2017
grin grin, his birth,
josephwilliamsd:
Space booked am coming, did you say you took your BIRTH
Re: "My Experience In The Surgical Theater" - 400 Level Physiotherapy Student Of BUK by binladen(m): 8:56pm On Apr 19, 2017
Op, the truth is no doctor nor surgeon likes blood , its never easy to make just an incision nor suture wound with needle on human, the only thing that keep them going is to have it at the back of your mind and be fully convinced that you are doing the best for the patient and his/ her life depends on it.
Its took me sometime before I could sermone courage to slaughter a chicken, even though I perform surgeries seamlessly.
All the best, Physiotherapist have little or no contact with blood in practice.
Orthopedic surgeries are bizzere surgeries with virtually same tools as that of a carpenter being used.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Trader Caught Spraying Sniper Insecticide On Stockfish Meant For Sale (Photos) / Suicidal 67-Year-Old Man Jumped Into Kwara River, Rescued By Sympathizers (Photo / Ebola: Signs, Symptoms & Prevention Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.