Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

What Are The Possible Causes Of A Flat Clutch? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Are The Possible Causes Of A Flat Clutch? (6377 Views)

The 10 Typical Causes Of Tyre Wear / 21 Causes Of Car Accidents That You Should Avoid / Reasons Why You Shouldn't Drive On A Flat Tire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Possible Causes Of A Flat Clutch? by nepapole(m): 4:38pm On Apr 19, 2017
Good afternoon good people. My clutch suddenly went flat this afternoon after the vehicle was parked for about 1hr. Pls what cud be d cause? Vehicle is a 2001/2002 Mercedes Benz Vito.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Possible Causes Of A Flat Clutch? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 19, 2017
pes planus

1 Like

Re: What Are The Possible Causes Of A Flat Clutch? by Kaymaxine(m): 8:37pm On Apr 19, 2017
nepapole:
Good afternoon good people. My clutch suddenly went flat this afternoon after the vehicle was parked for about 1hr. Pls what cud be d cause? Vehicle is a 2001/2002 Mercedes Benz Vito.
d kit is spoilt.
buy new one and brake fliud then fix...u gud to go

1 Like

Re: What Are The Possible Causes Of A Flat Clutch? by nepapole(m): 8:53pm On Apr 19, 2017
Kaymaxine:

d kit is spoilt.
Ok....tnx bro.
Re: What Are The Possible Causes Of A Flat Clutch? by Kaymaxine(m): 10:18pm On Apr 19, 2017
nepapole:

Ok....tnx bro.
u re welicomu
Re: What Are The Possible Causes Of A Flat Clutch? by Chuukwudi(m): 7:19am On Apr 20, 2017
Kaymaxine:

d kit is spoilt.

Exactly. The kitten is spoilt.
Re: What Are The Possible Causes Of A Flat Clutch? by SafetyFirst(m): 7:21am On Apr 20, 2017
Hydraulic... Contact your Mechanic.
Re: What Are The Possible Causes Of A Flat Clutch? by izzou(m): 7:21am On Apr 20, 2017
It must flat one day naa.

You no want make e flat before?

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Possible Causes Of A Flat Clutch? by sustainable: 7:21am On Apr 20, 2017
how will your clutch not be flat. this are technical issues that need to be dealt with by a professional.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Possible Causes Of A Flat Clutch? by Ekowise(m): 7:22am On Apr 20, 2017
Answer already given

1 Like

Re: What Are The Possible Causes Of A Flat Clutch? by rattlesnake(m): 7:22am On Apr 20, 2017
Poverty
Re: What Are The Possible Causes Of A Flat Clutch? by SIRKAY98(m): 7:22am On Apr 20, 2017
Let me explain it this way :there are two clutch mechanisim the UPPER CLUTCH and DOWN CLUTCH

The upper clutch housed your Clutch fluid in the Container on your Car Bonnete why the Down clutch is beside your gear Box underneath your car engine

When the Upper Clutch is Damage....its due to the weakness of the Rubber used to prevent leakage in the Kits ,The rubber maybe swollen making it uneasy for the spring to return

Thesame priniple applies to the Down Clutch
When the rubber is weak or shoped off by several or hard pressing from your leg.or you do hang your leg on your clutch pedal while your vehicle is in Motion

Solution

Get a Mechanic to fix it

But as for me if a Mechanic repair something for me Today when next i will be d one to fix it myself

He will just get the Clutch Kits which i suspect its the Down Clutch
because the upper one wount spoil easily .not more than N1000 d kits. Then Brake fluid N800

Kindly buy extra kits handy and keep in your vehicle to avoid embarrasment when it breaks down at a Location dangerous

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Possible Causes Of A Flat Clutch? by Soskid(m): 7:24am On Apr 20, 2017
2001/2002 model? I think age is affecting it. Get 2017 model bro cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Possible Causes Of A Flat Clutch? by point5: 7:27am On Apr 20, 2017
Wia u parkd d car..was it APC area,,den dats d Cus

1 Like

Re: What Are The Possible Causes Of A Flat Clutch? by anibueli147(m): 7:28am On Apr 20, 2017
Soskid:
2001/2002 model? I think age is affecting it. Get 2017 model bro cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin

like say u get any one

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Possible Causes Of A Flat Clutch? by Clarinett(m): 7:55am On Apr 20, 2017
Hydrolic
Re: What Are The Possible Causes Of A Flat Clutch? by hardbody: 8:17am On Apr 20, 2017
I wan talk something but I no go talk am again....

But wait first ooo, people still dey drive motor wey no be automatic?

I drove manual for a long long while starting from popsie peugeot but after i quit driving my beloved Benz 200, I have never bothered with shifting gears on the move again. I thought those cars are no longer being manufactured.

OP, they gave you the right answer, its a clutch kit thing.

There is also one thing my mechanic used to 're-beat', but that is if your clutch is burnt, I cant remember the name now.

You will be fine. The person below me will direct you more, he is a mechanic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Possible Causes Of A Flat Clutch? by Pabloosas(m): 8:31am On Apr 20, 2017
The poster above me said something. I have nothing to say anymore. Baba Kasali below me might have something to add cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Are The Possible Causes Of A Flat Clutch? by Dottore: 8:45am On Apr 20, 2017
Loss of clutch fluid (hydrolics)
Re: What Are The Possible Causes Of A Flat Clutch? by FullDepth1: 9:38am On Apr 20, 2017
I'm also experiencing this, on my Corolla 2009.

The Clutch suddenly goes flat. Mechanic suspects Air in duct, and after several swift pumping of the clutch with my foot, it comes back to normal. I've changed clutch master, but after 3 days it went flat again.

I'm considering an overhaul of the entire clutch rack. This is So annoying.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Possible Causes Of A Flat Clutch? by Octaves(m): 9:39am On Apr 20, 2017
hardbody:
I wan talk something but I no go talk am again....

But wait first ooo, people still dey drive motor wey no be automatic?

I drove manual for a long long while starting from popsie peugeot but after i quit driving my beloved Benz 200, I have never bothered with shifting gears on the move again. I thought those cars are no longer being manufactured.

OP, they gave you the right answer, its a clutch kit thing.

There is also one thing my mechanic used to 're-beat', but that is if your clutch is burnt, I cant remember the name now.

You will be fine. The person below me will direct you more, he is a mechanic.
see this one. who tell you say dem no dey manufacture manual cars again. manual lovers still buy manual

1 Like

Re: What Are The Possible Causes Of A Flat Clutch? by otunbamyk(m): 9:43am On Apr 20, 2017
The problem is definitely from the slave clutch better called the down clutch . It is fitted on the gear box... I sell it he parts for that Vito bus and I have the down clutch.. so sorry that the kit is always not available so I have to buy the complete down clutch
Re: What Are The Possible Causes Of A Flat Clutch? by nepapole(m): 9:47am On Apr 20, 2017
SIRKAY98:
Let me explain it this way :there are two clutch mechanisim the UPPER CLUTCH and DOWN CLUTCH

The upper clutch housed your Clutch fluid in the Container on your Car Bonnete why the Down clutch is beside your gear Box underneath your car engine

When the Upper Clutch is Damage....its due to the weakness of the Rubber used to prevent leakage in the Kits ,The rubber maybe swollen making it uneasy for the spring to return

Thesame priniple applies to the Down Clutch
When the rubber is weak or shoped off by several or hard pressing from your leg.or you do hang your leg on your clutch pedal while your vehicle is in Motion

Solution

Get a Mechanic to fix it

But as for me if a Mechanic repair something for me Today when next i will be d one to fix it myself

He will just get the Clutch Kits which i suspect its the Down Clutch
because the upper one wount spoil easily .not more than N1000 d kits. Then Brake fluid N800

Kindly buy extra kits handy and keep in your vehicle to avoid embarrasment when it brakes down at a Location dangerous
Tnx bro..appreciate this piece.
Re: What Are The Possible Causes Of A Flat Clutch? by nepapole(m): 9:48am On Apr 20, 2017
Soskid:
I no go mind if u dash me ooo. grin
Re: What Are The Possible Causes Of A Flat Clutch? by Ten06(m): 10:31am On Apr 20, 2017
nepapole:
It is as a result of bad clutch plate and clutch disc
Re: What Are The Possible Causes Of A Flat Clutch? by hardbody: 11:09am On Apr 20, 2017
Octaves:
see this one. who tell you say dem no dey manufacture manual cars again. manual lovers still buy manual

Bros we are gradually coming out of recession na, why are you vexing? I just asked a simple question because I need to know. Take it easy bro, you will be fine. And thanks for the information, no matter how it given.
Re: What Are The Possible Causes Of A Flat Clutch? by SIRKAY98(m): 11:21am On Apr 20, 2017
nepapole:

Tnx bro..appreciate this piece.
Same here
Re: What Are The Possible Causes Of A Flat Clutch? by Meetleader: 3:04pm On Apr 20, 2017
Soskid:

pride goes before a fall
Re: What Are The Possible Causes Of A Flat Clutch? by Octaves(m): 10:27pm On Apr 25, 2017
hardbody:

Bros we are gradually coming out of recession na, why are you vexing? I just asked a simple question because I need to know. Take it easy bro, you will be fine. And thanks for the information, no matter how it given.
no be vex bros

(1) (Reply)

10 Cars You Should Never Own / Negative Fuel Trim / Our Staffs Are Still Intact INNOSON Motors. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.