Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,659 members, 7,809,494 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Seychelles - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Seychelles (27133 Views)

Working In Seychelles / Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles / **** Any Nigerian In Seychelles **** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seychelles by darkroll(m): 6:04am On Oct 25, 2007
Hi , All documents should be in Photocopies , excpet you medical report and police report
those 2 must be Original .

You can post them to
Labriz
Willaim ( Guest Service Office )
House of Asuya
Victoria , Mahe .
Seychelles

I can handdrop for you at the immigration , but i have to get your processing fee before i could handdrop applications
Re: Seychelles by K2: 6:55pm On Oct 29, 2007
@Darkroll,  I'm I reading right that the cheapest hotel rents for $300 (US) per night ?  That sounds too rather expensive. undecided
Re: Seychelles by darkroll(m): 3:24am On Oct 30, 2007
K2 , well thats cheap but you can still get cheaper ones like 100dolls a night

like the resort where i work is 1500dolls for a nite , seychelles is a very expensive island .

check for sunshine hotel , i think thahst cheaper.
Re: Seychelles by K2: 5:23pm On Oct 30, 2007
At your resort is it full serviced (I've forgotten the term now)i.e the food is included(morning, afternoon and evening), do they have shows at night that you could attend? Also let me plug in my Naija nature, do they have employee discounts like yours that I could use, grin Also let me know what a typical price would be for a small family(Husband and Wife and a toddler) for a few days. Also have you been to Le Reunion? I heard it's a good place to visit as well.
Re: Seychelles by darkroll(m): 5:45pm On Oct 31, 2007
Hi K2,
You can get a hotel booking for your family and also a full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner ) for 1000 for 1week at a 3star hotel , for a 5 star like my resort , u get it same service for like 5,000dolls

so it all depends on your pocket size
am not sure i can get u staff price , but will try .

let me know if u will be coming , i can help you with the hotel bookings
Re: Seychelles by K2: 7:48pm On Oct 31, 2007
@Darkroll, I'll be sending you an email. Thanks a lot.
Re: Seychelles by darkroll(m): 4:53am On Nov 01, 2007
ok email me at willa.seun@yahoo.com

will reply as soon as i get it
Re: Seychelles by K2: 6:28pm On Nov 02, 2007
darkroll, I sent you an email already from gmail.
Re: Seychelles by darkroll(m): 11:53am On Nov 03, 2007
got your email and i have replied
Re: Seychelles by darkroll(m): 10:32am On Nov 21, 2007
Seychelles is in the High Season now , and full of tourist , anyone plan coming for vacation should postpone it , cause all hotels are full now and prices are HIgh .
Re: Seychelles by darkroll(m): 12:24am On Nov 28, 2007
hamlak:

Hi Guys,

I have been to Seychelles, went there with my family - wife and 2 kids, so guys listen carefully.

If you are considering going to Seychelles, then listen carefully. Forget all you have read, most of the guys just reproduce what they have read online.

I left Nigeria via KLM / Kenya Airways. It was a beautiful flight. Got to Kenya, slept at the Nairobi Hilton, paid for by the Airline.

The following day, we got to Seychelles, just an hour or so away from Kenya. Yes, it is beautiful country, but too tiny. Yes, the population is just under 80,000 and so many islands. I was in Mahe, the main Island.

It is a very expensive country and you can not do anything there - work, trade, etc, without a permit. And the permit is almost impossible except you are employed by the Government from Nigeria. Forget travelling there to look for job.

About going to look for work there or to stay, just FORGET THAT! You will not get your papers and you can never live there without being detected. They are just under 80,000 in the whole country, so everyone knows the other. All births and deaths are registered. Everything is monitored and controlled by the government. You need a permit for everything including to bury a dead person. You can not even get anyone to offer you accomodation, outside of the hotels as a foreigner. The Landlords will ask for your ID Card!

Even if you get married to their woman, you still find it hard to stay as you are not allowed to work, even if you could get one. One Nigerian who got married discovered that no employer would employ him and process his papers unless he was ready to bring the money to pay for the temporary permit - because it is so expensive. It is that bad, especially for Nigerians.

You do not need a Visa to go there. Yes, they can not afford to maintain embassies abroad, all over the world - that is why. So what they have done is ask you to come and be issued a Tourist visa on arrival. I was given 2 weeks (that is what they give you on arrival) when I got there and they even made me book a Villa / mansion in advance before our arrival. The hotel would not allow us to have a room, claiming that we were four people, even after I told them, it was my wife and two little kids - 4 and 1 year respectively. I was paying $200 a night for accomodation alone. Feeding was extra. How many Africans can afford this? I went to another hotel cheaper after the initial 3 days that I paid for in advance.

The place is just a tourist destination. They depend on Tourism, just like we depend on Oil. Everything is done to make you part with your money and once that runs out, you are expected to leave immediately or be thrown out. After the 2 weeks, for them to extend your stay, you have to show them how much you have left, even the evidence that you have spent into the system, like hotel receipts, evidence of changing your money at the banks, etc.

Guys it is a long story, but the long and short is that it is not a good country to go and live in. For visit / tour, okay. But nothing else. It is a beautiful country, so what? You dey chop that? Abuja, PH, Enugu, Calabar and so on are fine, if that is what you want. You need the green, no be so? Abey.

If you go there against my advice, it will ruin you like it did me. That is why I am writng this after I saw what some of you wrote. Even the guy who is in Seychelles, he will agree with most of the things I have said.

As a Nigerian, it will be so much different for you. For example, you guys can go and get forex easily. You can visit most of the embassies in Lagos or Abuja. In Seychelles, even if you have your cash, you can not get forex to pay for anything, even for imports. Even this (trades / Importation/ marketing) is controlled by a government monoploy - The seychelles marketing Board. For the time I was there, they could only bring in Tomatoe puree once. Oh man, can you imagine this! Nigerian, Canada embassies are in Kenya, so if you need anything, you have to spend money and time to go there.

So much cultural shock! So little room to operate or live in! The people are not friendly. If you speak English, they speak French. They are multi-lingual.

My advice. If you want to leave Nigeria to go live in another country, go to Canada. This is the best option and you can do this without betting your farm.

Visit this site below, you will get help there.

http://www.ewealthsuccess.com/canada.html

I am in Ghana right now. It is far better here for me than Seychelles.

You can reach me via PM. I am just an email away.

Regds

Hamlak.

Adden dum: Man, they can not accomodate much people, talkless Nigerians. After the 2 weeks, they seized my passport and made me report to immigration every few days.

Hamlak , read thru your note , well some of them are fact , which i have made mention in my past post about seychelles , Seychelles is a very expensive island for visitors , they make thier money from tourism. they are into the european markets and american market .

But seychelles is a beutifull place and a lovely place to work and start life , even so called canadians are coming to work in Seychelles , 3 of my colleagues are from canada , 2 from france . Seychellois are freindly people and very accomodating , they will never speak french to you , what they speak is Creole , which is ther local language ,but if u speak english to them , they reply you in english , altough thier english is funny somehow , cause they like stressing the last letter in thier sentence .

Seychelles does not have man power , 80% of workers in Seychelles are foreigners from france , Sri lankan , India , Mauritaus , Italian , Maldives and only 7 Nigerians working here with a permit . Seychelles has over 100 hotels and resort , they depend more on manpower from other countries , but no employee will employ you without a GOP(gainfull occupational permit), this is why i advise that who ever is coming to seychelles for work , should apply for his GOP before coming , I applied for my GOp before i came to seychells , it took about 1 month and 1 week , i arrived Seychelles and i started working at Labriz Silhouette after 8days .

Seychelles is just an island with 80,000 people , but with lot of potentials , the goverment controls everthing, which is good . They import all what they need , cause no farmland in seychelles , what they have is fish and tuna .
Food is very very very very cheap , they Seychelles Marketing Board (SMB ) runs a big super market at Victoria mahe , where you can buy all you need at cheap price , fish is the most chepest thing .

Like u said , you came to seychelles for visit with your family , before you came , did u make any research about seychelles ? 200 dolls for a night in a room is even cheap( U lucky to get it ) , the hotel i work is 900euro per night .

You are giving a 2weeks visit visa at the airport ( is that not enough to vist a country ) why would they extend your stay , when you dont have any money with you again . they have to chase you out .

Seychelles is a small island , and u can be easily picked up if you dont have a permit , its not like Nigeria , where everything is possible , or like london where nigerians can work without permit .

I stayed in London for 9 month , in london i was working as a dish washer , i hated it. but here in seychelles there are better jobs , not dirty jobs . and i have never regretted ever coming to Seychelles .

So my dear freind , seychelles did not runied you , dnt discourage people , u ruined your self .

You came to Seychelles to vist, they gave u 2 weeks visa for free , u spent all your money , and you think u can get a job and work to make some money , No way , no body will employ without permit .

Next time , make your plans before ever thinking of going to any country .

I was reading your post , with a Nigerian freind of mine working here in seychelles , we just laughing , do u think seycheles is Like London , where guys use fake passport or fake permit to work . Na ghana fit u , cause am sure in ghana , u can work ad live without permit (lol)

Next time u come to Seychelles , be free to give me a calll +248748446 , and i will accomodate you and show u how sweet and nice Seychelles is .

am even having an offer to come and work at Southern sun resort in Dubai , but i rejected it, cause working in Seychelles is the best place u can ever thin of .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seychelles by DisGuy: 1:23am On Nov 28, 2007
Hamlak, before visiting the Seychelles have you travelled as a tourist before?
Re: Seychelles by darkroll(m): 4:50am On Nov 28, 2007
I am not sure Hamlak has travelled as a Tourist before ? Na Ghana fit am .
Re: Seychelles by darkroll(m): 5:32am On Nov 28, 2007
Hamlak , i just read thru your past ideas , well you have great ideas .

Well am not just to sure if u actually came to seychelles for as tourist , i guess there is something esle u came for .
Re: Seychelles by ruona: 10:15am On Nov 28, 2007
hamlak,i find it surprising that u would visit a country without reading their immigratin laws carefully.seychelles is a nice place 2 live.pls dont spoil the fun for those who want to go there.as a seychellois i an tell u that it is easier settling here than in canada
Re: Seychelles by darkroll(m): 10:39am On Nov 28, 2007
ruona:

hamlak,i find it surprising that u would visit a country without reading their immigratin laws carefully.seychelles is a nice place 2 live.please don't spoil the fun for those who want to go there.as a seychellois i an tell u that it is easier settling here than in canada

Do u live in Seychelles ? where in seychelles are U ? wld be nice to meet you . Dont mind Hamlak, i guess he thought there is Moneyrain in seychelles .

1 Like

Re: Seychelles by chisomness(f): 1:52pm On Nov 28, 2007
I intend visting seychelles next year febuary cheesy
Re: Seychelles by K2: 6:59pm On Nov 28, 2007
@Hamlak, Like darkroll said, all the points you made describes someone who is immgrating and not visiting. Why do you care about import and exporting or landlords or even extending your stay after 2weeks as a tourist? Also like others said, why on earth would you go anywhere without arming yourself with adequate information on the workings of the society? Like many others, I'm interested in visiting Seychelles. To this end, I have corresponded with Darkroll since he's on ground to give an idea of what to expect.
Anyhow, I'm glad you're doing better in Ghana. It's not where we are, but if we are having fun that matters. smiley

1 Like

Re: Seychelles by darkroll(m): 4:11am On Nov 29, 2007
Hamlak, i am happy that you are doing fine in Ghana , one thing your should know is that , seychelles is a vacation spot , Nigerians dont have the culture of going on vacations in places like this , where they like going is places like london ( so they can work and make money during vacation). Vacation is something you save for , and u spend the money and give your self a treat , is not something you will come and work , while on vacation also .

If you had done your home work properly before coming to seychelles, u should have known this .

Next time , apply for a permit if you know u are coming to seychelles to work , and not for a visiting visa . if u come with a visiting visa , definately they will treat you as a visitor , cause the expect you to have enough money with U.

K2, i cant wait to have you in Seychelles . how are your families doing ? It is Dolphin Season in Seychelles now, u see the dolphin coming out to take sunshine .

1 Like

Re: Seychelles by babasin(m): 8:59am On Nov 29, 2007
I want to come to Seycelles but cant get good bargain.

Can you get me one? 5-star hotel.
Re: Seychelles by darkroll(m): 10:51am On Nov 29, 2007
Hamlak , i guess your lawyer gave you a wrong information , for you to apply for a permit , you do not need to come here , because if you come here on visiting visa , they will only allow you to stay 2 weeks , you would have send your papers to your lawyer to help you submit to the immigration , and when your permit is out , u can then travel to seychelles. its is better you have the GOP(Permit) ready before coming. dont go to any country with a visiting visa , and hoping when you get there u will get permit , get your permit before going .

1 Like

Re: Seychelles by darkroll(m): 10:56am On Nov 29, 2007
babasin:

I want to come to Seycelles but can't get good bargain.

Can you get me one? 5-star hotel.

Babasin ,If you looking for 5 star hotel , the best price you can get is 300euro per night , if u want 2 or 3 star hotels , the best price u can get is between 90 - 150 euro , per night .

if you ok with prices , let me know . i can send you link of suggested hotels .
Re: Seychelles by darkroll(m): 9:23am On Nov 30, 2007
K2 , how are you , what month are u coming to seychelles ?
Re: Seychelles by D328babe: 3:53pm On Dec 01, 2007
darkroll:

Babasin ,If you looking for 5 star hotel , the best price you can get is 300euro per night , if u want 2 or 3 star hotels , the best price u can get is between 90 - 150 euro , per night .

if you ok with prices , let me know . i can send you link of suggested hotels .

Darkroll,

Please send me the link for 2-3 star Hotels. I would love to visit nxt year at some point, email is d328babe@yahoo.com.

Many thanks!
Re: Seychelles by darkroll(m): 4:09pm On Dec 02, 2007
Ok i will email you the link of all the hotels in Seychelles , browse thru it and am very sure you will find what suit your budget .
Re: Seychelles by xgbovo: 6:40pm On Dec 02, 2007
Hello darkroll, u have really done a great work in here by givin info abt Seychelles. Kudoss
Re: Seychelles by DisGuy: 12:46am On Dec 03, 2007
yea what about some pictures? you should be getting paid for advertising the island o
Re: Seychelles by darkroll(m): 5:04am On Dec 03, 2007
xgbovo:

Hello darkroll, u have really done a great work in here by givin info about Seychelles. Kudoss
Well its just a lovely place that is worth visiting
Re: Seychelles by darkroll(m): 5:07am On Dec 03, 2007
abi , dey suppose dey pay me oooooooooo grin
Re: Seychelles by babasin(m): 8:44am On Dec 04, 2007
Babasin ,If you looking for 5 star hotel , the best price you can get is 300euro per night

yes, I know but I need a bargain, as I will be there for 2wks.

is this 300euro full board? is this sea view?
Re: Seychelles by darkroll(m): 10:37am On Dec 06, 2007
babasin:

yes, I know but I need a bargain, as I will be there for 2wks.

is this 300euro full board? is this sea view?
well you can get a bargain for 2400 euro for 12 days . i wont advise you to be on full baord . be on Bread and breakfast . if u like to eat outside hotel , then you can .
Re: Seychelles by darkroll(m): 3:47pm On Dec 12, 2007
babasin , have u gotten any good offer yet .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NRC Pulls Down "Illegal" Structures Over Lagos-Ibadan Fast Train / Car Collides With A Keke Napep At Igando Lagos (photos). / What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.