Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why (2719 Views)

Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings / Ooni Ogunwusi: Igbos Are From Ile-Ife - Ohanaeze Kicks / Enugwu Ukwu In Anambra Where Pythons & Human Beings Live In Harmony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by lightblazingnow(m): 7:08pm On May 17, 2017
Grace
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 18, 2017
Igbos are a tribe so great that they are secretly feared and openly envied. But we are not the only tribe doing great. But we are great.
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by Stinson007(m): 10:45pm On May 18, 2017
lightblazingnow:

I will not pretend that there is no prevalent wave of distrust flowing from other nationalities within the Nigerian contraption towards the Igbos though I do not subscribe to the sentiment of "they all hate us."  The question I have battle with is why?

1.   Igbos claim a strong link to Israel saying we are jews. And the Northern part of Nigeria share clear similarities with the Arabs. So, it should not be strange to see the deep hatred coming from that part. Ask Junaid Mohammed who could pass for Number One Igbo hater of all times.

2.   Igbos lead the very few ethnic nationalities in Nigeria that are fearless and bold in declaring their view not minding whose ox is gored. 

3.   Ndigbo are hardly intimidated. One can convince or rather persuade Igbos to buy into an idea or a thing but cannot be intimidated. Ask Oba of Lagos.

4.   There is a saying that if you visit any part of the world and can't find an Igbo man, then leave immediately because it is not fit for human habitation. Just like the Jews, Ndigbo are everywhere.

5.   An Igbo man has the ability of looking at a desert and seeing not a desert but a stream of wealth. Igbos get into an environment hitherto consider worthless and empty, but in few years turn the place around with his sheer ingenuity and hard work.

6.   Igbos share brotherhood in a manner that annoy other ethnic nationalities. A man arrives a community with a small bag, begins a business "Okonkwo and sons..." as soon as he finds his feet, he returns from one Christmas break with his younger brother who soon establishes his business "Ike Okonkwo Bros..." Before the owners of the land wake up to the opportunities in their land, "Okonkwo Enterprises Ltd" has been born.

Above all, I believe that none is greater than anyone, we live to assist one another become better. My personal advice to Ndigbo is that they appreciate their glaring difference and continue to make a difference everywhere.

Christ Jesus loves Igbo Land and will continue to strengthen and uphold her leadership.
I love your post, I will like to share it on FB
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by lightblazingnow(m): 2:28pm On May 24, 2017
Indeed
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by lightblazingnow(m): 2:28pm On May 24, 2017
Stinson007:

Do so please.

One love
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 24, 2017
I thought only Yorubas claim they are Jews in Nigeria.
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by Probz(m): 5:08pm On May 24, 2017
Hati13:
Is this one here even Nigerian?
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 24, 2017
Probz:
Is this one here even Nigerian?
No, I'm not.
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by Probz(m): 5:14pm On May 24, 2017
Hati13:

No, I'm not.
No wonder.
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by orisa37: 5:35am On May 25, 2017
Stinson007:

I like this Post too. But let us consider these two, this Week, heart troubled wwe Smark Down Pairs:-
Baron Cobin/Samy Sain and The DIY team on NXT.
What Task Forces to The Rescue of the Victims in these two cases, do humans want from God?
Granted that God gave all those Attributes to The Igbos, does He, God, want The Igbo's to use them to intimidate or benefit human kinds?
God values humans to interact and integrate for good moral standards but not by intimidation and coercion.
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by lightblazingnow(m): 9:22am On May 25, 2017
Great
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by fanficgirl(f): 7:59am On May 29, 2017
Hati13:
Igbos claim jews the mosr.

1 Like

Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by Nobody: 8:35am On May 29, 2017
fanficgirl:

Igbos claim jews the mosr.
Do you think Yorubas and Igbos are truly Jews?

There are Ethiopians Jews in Israel, USA and Ethiopia and I truly believe they are converted Agews?

From whic Nigerian ethnic groups are you?
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by fanficgirl(f): 9:08am On May 29, 2017
Hati13:

Do you think Yorubas and Igbos are truly Jews?

There are Ethiopians Jews in Israel, USA and Ethiopia and I truly believe they are converted Agews?

From whic Nigerian ethnic groups are you?
I'm from Edo, and nah they aren't! Ethiopian jews have legitimate claims, igbos and Yorubas don't. I think this came from the fact that many see igbos as the Afrixan version of jews (love of money, business savy, greedy).
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by Nobody: 9:22am On May 29, 2017
fanficgirl:

I'm from Edo, and nah they aren't! Ethiopian jews have legitimate claims, igbos and Yorubas don't. [/b]I think this came from the fact that many see igbos as the Afrixan version of jews (love of money, business savy, greedy).
[b]
grin, you could be definitely right.
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by fanficgirl(f): 9:33am On May 29, 2017
Hati13:
[b][/b]
grin, you could be definitely right.
My brother, don't you sleep? grin
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by Nobody: 9:39am On May 29, 2017
fanficgirl:

My brother, don't you sleep? grin
I've slept. smiley I wake up 3 hours ago. cool Why do you ask?

What about you? grin
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by lightblazingnow(m): 9:45am On May 29, 2017
Greatness running
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by fanficgirl(f): 9:49am On May 29, 2017
Hati13:

I've slept. smiley I wake up 3 hours ago. cool Why do you ask?

What about you? grin
Haven't slept yet but took a nap grin. Is that like 4 hrs of sleep then?
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by lightblazingnow(m): 10:01am On May 29, 2017
Good
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by Nobody: 11:25am On May 29, 2017
fanficgirl:

Haven't slept yet but took a nap grin. Is that like 4 hrs of sleep then?
I hope you are enjoying your lovely dream while I type this. Sweet dream sis, sweet dream. wink
Re: Why The Igbos Are Extra Ordinary Beings: Check Out Why by fanficgirl(f): 8:18pm On May 29, 2017
Hati13:

I hope you are enjoying your lovely dream while I type this. Sweet dream sis, sweet dream. wink
Thanks lol. The dream was great cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Interesting Benefits of Aje Olokun and Esu Odara in Yoruba Culture / Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? / Link Your Favourite Hausa Songs Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.