Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,327 members, 7,864,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:50 PM

Osaze Unhappy With Ptf Reward - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osaze Unhappy With Ptf Reward (692 Views)

Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Osaze Warns Keshi To Watch His Back / Osaze's Congratulatory Message To The Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Osaze Unhappy With Ptf Reward by woye77: 4:32pm On Jan 03, 2010
Osaze unhappy with PTF reward
By Olawale Olaniyan, Ibadan - 03.01.2010
NIGERIAN international and Lokomotiv Moscow of Russia striker, Osaze Odemwingie has expressed displeasure with the reward handed to members of the Super Eagles at the Appreciation Dinner held last week in Abuja, just as he blamed his absence on the occasion on ill-health.

The former Lille of France player in a chat with brilafm pointed out that each player deserved a car for giving Nigeria the 2010 World Cup ticket instead of the wristwatch.

“The gift (wristwatch) handed to us is not really fair because everybody has to get something he deserves. Every player has to get a car and everybody has to get something that is worth it if at all,” said the former Bendel Insurance FC player.

He however, stated that, ”I could not be at the Dinner due to my state of health. I decided to remain indoor. Really, I would have loved to be there though, I was not the only one who missed the programme’’.

Osaze, it would be recalled, played his first game at the Nations Cup in 2004 where he scored a brace within three minutes against South Africa.

The Presidential Task Force on the Super Eagles’ qualification for the 2010 World Cup headed by Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State at the Appreciation Dinner held in Abuja gave coach Shuaibu Amodu a KIA SUV and N1.4million as reward. The three assistant coaches: Daniel Amokachi, Fatai Amoo and Aloy Agu got N500,000 each while each player was rewarded with a wristwatch.
Re: Osaze Unhappy With Ptf Reward by Omolulu(m): 6:59pm On Jan 03, 2010
if true den he's not serious, when he wins the world cup, then he can start talking of house

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Face Weakest Team Zambia / NFF INVITES 34 FOR AMODU / Does The African Continent Deserve 5 Spots At The Next Wc?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.