Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,142 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Major Sins(Al-kabirah) In Islam and Repentance - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Major Sins(Al-kabirah) In Islam and Repentance (9688 Views)

Condition Of Taobah (repentance) / How To Avoid Major Sins / Differences Between Islam And Western Ideology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major Sins(Al-kabirah) In Islam and Repentance by azezola(m): 10:45am On Apr 21, 2017
Jzk
Re: Major Sins(Al-kabirah) In Islam and Repentance by Ifecoded(m): 10:45am On Apr 21, 2017
goingape1:
wanted to say Much but kept my cool cos I know a moderator is somewhere anxiously wanted to press the ban button,

this is the real definition of hypocrisy
Don't mind those kids, who even has the time to make comments, I can count the numbers of comment av made in here since I registered(some three to four years back). I love muslims and I don't have anything against islam, I have a lot of muslim friends that are highly religious, have date more muslims that christians, am a christian but I don't discriminate. But I believe whatever condition you are giving a particular religion, it should also be applicable to others even the so called atheist.
If seun so much believe islam is the only true religion, he should specify it before getting people registered and make them choose the religion they blv in, by doing that, he should be able to decline christians from registering on his forum. Such an hypocrite and a very cold boy, not a man.

7 Likes

Re: Major Sins(Al-kabirah) In Islam and Repentance by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 21, 2017
Ifecoded:

And give me reasons why I shouldn't be here lil lass
No one said you shouldn't be here. Of course you declared your self a Muslim just to be on this thread, I was only wondering what was peppering you. Anyways you're here already so welcome. There's a lot to catch up on and learn!

2 Likes

Re: Major Sins(Al-kabirah) In Islam and Repentance by madridguy(m): 10:56am On Apr 21, 2017
Astargafurulahi.
Re: Major Sins(Al-kabirah) In Islam and Repentance by Ifecoded(m): 10:58am On Apr 21, 2017
trippy:
No one said you shouldn't be here. Of course you declared your self a Muslim just to be on this thread, I was only wondering what was peppering you. Anyways you're here already so welcome. There's a lot to catch up on and learn!
Really a lot.
Read through my post and you will notice I don't trade words with ladies, religious bigot, extremists (especially kids) that doesn't really know anything about their so called religion, I bet you know nothing about islam except from the fact that you are born into islam and you've gat no option than to follow your parents (which is not bad) but you never really have the conviction. Prove me wrong girl.

6 Likes

Re: Major Sins(Al-kabirah) In Islam and Repentance by qozeem999(m): 10:58am On Apr 21, 2017
obafemee80:
Some of the major or al-Kaba'ir sins in Islam are as follows

Shirk (associating anything with Allah)

Despair of Allah's mercy

Teasing parents

Zina (adultery)

Sodomy

Theft

Drinking alcoholic beverage

Gambling

Backbiting (saying bad things about a person who is not there)

Leaving daily prayer

Zakat evasion

Witchcraft

Killing one whom Allah has declared inviolate without a just case

Consuming the property of an orphan

Devouring usury

Turning back when the army advances

False accusation of chaste women who are believers but indiscreet

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_views_on_sin

Na'am Jazakum lahu khyron

1 Like

Re: Major Sins(Al-kabirah) In Islam and Repentance by Rilwan20(m): 11:00am On Apr 21, 2017
Jazakumllah khaeran

1 Like

Re: Major Sins(Al-kabirah) In Islam and Repentance by kwaraguy(m): 11:06am On Apr 21, 2017
obafemee80:
Each sin has a special Repentance
All sins can be classified under three groups:

First group: The sins that are committed by man when neglecting his obligations to Allah, such as; prayers,fasting, khums, jihad and the likes.

Second group:The sins that are committed when one disobeys Allah by committing impermissible actions, which does not concern the rights of other people,such as; drinking wine, impermissible looking (at not mahram women),adultery,gambling,sodomy,masturbation, listening to impermissible music and the likes

Third group:When the sins commitetd not just restricted to disobedience of Allah, but also involved the violation of other people's rights such as killing, stealing, usury, rage, extorting orphans” properties, bribe, aggression against people in their bodies and properties etc.

Repentance for the sins related to the first group, is achieved by abandoning those sins and recompense the missed acts. For example; one has to perform the missed obligations like prayers, fasting, hajj and paying khums and zakat of all the years that he has not paid.
Repenting of the sins related to the second group is achieved by asking Allah for forgiveness, regretting and determining to give up those sins in such a way that it will bring changes in the heart, body organs and action of the sinner.

Repenting of the sins related to the third group is achieved by giving the rights of people back to them; a killer should let himself under the option of the guardians of the killed one to punish him or ask him to pay them blood money or to forgive him. A usurer must pay back all the money he has taken from people as usury. An extorter must give all what he has extorted back to their owners. The properties of the orphans must be given back to them. Bribes must be given back to their owners. An aggressor must pay blood money and must recompense the loss and damage in people’s properties and so on.

Please clarify on "blood money"
JazzaKumlau khair
Re: Major Sins(Al-kabirah) In Islam and Repentance by goingape1: 11:10am On Apr 21, 2017
Ifecoded:

Really a lot.
Read through my post and you will notice I don't trade words with ladies, religious bigot, extremists (especially kids) that doesn't really know anything about their so called religion, I bet you know nothing about islam except from the fact that you are born into islam and you've gat no option than to follow your parents (which is not bad) but you never really have the conviction. Prove me wrong girl.
thought as much!

if not of the fear that bind them they would have be converted or change.

I once ask a woman if you will be happy seeing your husband bringing a second wife to the home, she look me straight in the eyes and said "no woman on her right sense of mind would be happy seeing a second wife in there home" and she openly told me that is because of the fear which there have grown up with that's why them mostly keep silent with pains in there heart.

2 Likes

Re: Major Sins(Al-kabirah) In Islam and Repentance by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 21, 2017
Ifecoded:

Really a lot.
Really? and you don't trade words? this would be my last reply and I hope you don't reply me too. because of course you don't trade words with people. obviously you're not satisfied with the religion you were born into or you don't understand it hence your curiosity(leading to bitterness). Call me a bigot or extremist but I have never opened a Christian thread to look for trouble or insult anyone. why? because I believe in my Religion, it's my way of life, there's no ambiguity. you on the other hand, you're still curious,doubtful of what you believe in and it's okay. like I said, it's good you're here, welcome. You have a lot to learn. Assalamualaikum brother.

5 Likes

Re: Major Sins(Al-kabirah) In Islam and Repentance by Saeed110: 11:20am On Apr 21, 2017
Jzk

1 Like

Re: Major Sins(Al-kabirah) In Islam and Repentance by ObongawanAKS(f): 11:38am On Apr 21, 2017
Ifecoded:
To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to any religion.
Seun or whatever you call yourself, you are a COLD man.
Why give prefrential treatment to any post related to Islam and same is not done to Christianity? And you think by making me click "Yes" to those thrash you wrote up there, you are making sense.
You are a lil COLD COLD man.
don't mind them. They'll come to Christian threads and instigate chaos, then over here have you declare to an ish to comment. Seun hear this, I AM A CHRISTIAN, WAS, IS AND WILL BE JUST THAT. Bunch of napkins

2 Likes

Re: Major Sins(Al-kabirah) In Islam and Repentance by newgen2016: 11:49am On Apr 21, 2017
goingape1:
after you have went to another thread pointing out errors in the bible.

is that how a good Muslim man behave like?

I thought ya always mind ya business in the community!

what if reverse is the case?

Don't tell me you made declaration just to pounce on the OP?. you could have done that in other community. but if not I am interested in knowing what intrigued you to want to comment.

4 Likes

Re: Major Sins(Al-kabirah) In Islam and Repentance by newgen2016: 11:54am On Apr 21, 2017
very insightful may Allah continue to forgive our sin and keep us on the right path

1 Like

Re: Major Sins(Al-kabirah) In Islam and Repentance by ObongawanAKS(f): 12:03pm On Apr 21, 2017
trippy:
Really? and you don't trade words? this would be my last reply and I hope you don't reply me too. because of course you don't trade words with people. obviously you're not satisfied with the religion you were born into or you don't understand it hence your curiosity(leading to bitterness). Call me a bigot or extremist but I have never opened a Christian thread to look for trouble or insult anyone. why? because I believe in my Religion, it's my way of life, there's no ambiguity. you on the other hand, you're still curious,doubtful of what you believe in and it's okay. like I said, it's good you're here, welcome. You have a lot to learn. Assalamualaikum brother.
...a lot to learn my tooth. What do you have to teach? That a so-called prophet, imams, emirs etc, sees it humane to marry and sleep with underaged girls all for religion, hence increasing mortality rate? Or that Amirat, an 11yr old child-bride in my neighbourhood is always looking for ways to run from her 'husband?' The list is endless. So sorry, the declaration to comment holds no water.

2 Likes

Re: Major Sins(Al-kabirah) In Islam and Repentance by ObongawanAKS(f): 12:15pm On Apr 21, 2017
newgen2016:

Don't tell me you made declaration just to pounce on the OP?. you could have done that in other community. but if not I am interested in knowing what intrigued you to want to comment.
Hello! I'm here to clap back. Y'all think Christian thread is a trash can for ur pukes.
Re: Major Sins(Al-kabirah) In Islam and Repentance by newgen2016: 12:40pm On Apr 21, 2017
ObongawanAKS:

Hello! I'm here to clap back. Y'all think Christian thread is a trash can for ur pukes.

I believe you think so because of what you feel about Islam. from what I have seen on this forum. some of you guys throw the first punch by bringing Islam into topics that as nothing to do with it. you only get response accordingly.

1 Like

Re: Major Sins(Al-kabirah) In Islam and Repentance by Hadampson(m): 1:11pm On Apr 21, 2017
ObongawanAKS:

...a lot to learn my tooth. What do you have to teach? That a so-called prophet, imams, emirs etc, sees it humane to marry and sleep with underaged girls all for religion, hence increasing mortality rate? Or that Amirat, an 11yr old child-bride in my neighbourhood is always looking for ways to run from her 'husband?' The list is endless. So sorry, the declaration to comment holds no water.
from your comment i can deduce that u r nt a gud xtian at all.. Same goes to muslim who move around abusing xtians. We are suppose to be ONE NIGERIA irrespective of our religion, tribe, race etc

1 Like

Re: Major Sins(Al-kabirah) In Islam and Repentance by nwaiwucharles(m): 1:25pm On Apr 21, 2017
1)Please who is allah? God, gods or human being? 2) did the allah give order to muslims to kill their fellow human being? 3) why do muslims kill?, you murderers should take note that islam is a scam, islam is all about violence and terrorism, ISIS and BOKOHARAM can testify

1 Like

Re: Major Sins(Al-kabirah) In Islam and Repentance by Zaitoon: 2:10pm On Apr 21, 2017
Ifecoded:

Don't mind those kids, who even has the time to make comments, I can count the numbers of comment av made in here since I registered(some three to four years back). I love muslims and I don't have anything against islam, I have a lot of muslim friends that are highly religious, have date more muslims that christians, am a christian but I don't discriminate. But I believe whatever condition you are giving a particular religion, it should also be applicable to others even the so called atheist.
If seun so much believe islam is the only true religion, he should specify it before getting people registered and make them choose the religion they blv in, by doing that, he should be able to decline christians from registering on his forum. Such an hypocrite and a very cold boy, not a man.
you love Muslims indeed failed attempt at trying to sound like an unbiased person.

Pain and frustration is written all over post, you lots bombard any Islamic thread with all sort of detrogarory words which prompt seun to set up that declaration page before posting anything on Islamic section.

And if you are not so cool with it, deactivation button is still working last time I checked.

1 Like

Re: Major Sins(Al-kabirah) In Islam and Repentance by goingape1: 2:58pm On Apr 21, 2017
newgen2016:

ask the op why he had to come to Christian section and spew rubbish about the bible before you start quoting me!
Re: Major Sins(Al-kabirah) In Islam and Repentance by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 21, 2017
ObongawanAKS:

The emeka in your area that rapes babies? the ObongawanAKS's uncles that have wives and concubines? oh please sit down. people from South south that have more than 6 wives? some without getting married. I'm sure you didn't come to this page to say that nonsense. anyways congrats. you just declared your self a Muslim. Pls don't reply me. go and contribute to your own religion. stop being obsessed with other people's own
Re: Major Sins(Al-kabirah) In Islam and Repentance by Ifecoded(m): 3:19pm On Apr 21, 2017
Zaitoon:

1. You love Muslims indeed failed attempt at trying to sound like an unbiased person.
2. You lots bombard any Islamic thread with all sort of detrogarory words which prompt seun to set up that declaration page.
1. Loving muslims doesn't stop me from saying the truth, am not here to attack Islam or advocate for any religion, any sane yoruba man will always have something to do with people of other religion (they may even be friends) what am tryna tell you is that, on a forum like this, no religion should be given prefrential treatment.
2. You haven't seen muslims derailing threads relating to Christianity? And an example is what the OP did, he just finished criticizing some parts in the bible b4 creating this thread.
PEACE be unto your soul.
Re: Major Sins(Al-kabirah) In Islam and Repentance by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 21, 2017
Zaitoon:
you love Muslims indeed failed attempt at trying to sound like an unbiased person.

Pain and frustration is written all over post, you lots bombard any Islamic thread with all sort of detrogarory words which prompt seun to set up that declaration page before posting anything on Islamic section.

And if you are not so cool with it, deactivation button is still working last time I checked.
It baffles me. like they can't see a Muslim post and pass. I don't get their obsession with Islamic posts.

1 Like

Re: Major Sins(Al-kabirah) In Islam and Repentance by Ifecoded(m): 3:25pm On Apr 21, 2017
goingape1:
thought as much!

if not of the fear that bind them they would have be converted or change.

I once ask a woman if you will be happy seeing your husband bringing a second wife to the home, she look me straight in the eyes and said "no woman on her right sense of mind would be happy seeing a second wife in there home" and she openly told me that is because of the fear which there have grown up with that's why them mostly keep silent with pains in there heart.
There is a whole lot to learn hence the tight security to viewing threads relating to Islam. I think seun knows better... Lol
Imagine, how will you preach love and peace and at the same time approve polygamous marriage? That's contradicting.
It is well.
Re: Major Sins(Al-kabirah) In Islam and Repentance by Ifecoded(m): 3:29pm On Apr 21, 2017
ObongawanAKS:

don't mind them. They'll come to Christian threads and instigate chaos, then over here have you declare to an ish to comment. Seun hear this, I AM A CHRISTIAN, WAS, IS AND WILL BE JUST THAT. Bunch of napkins
In fact the two religions do that a lot,we will always have different people on a forum like this (good and bad christians/muslims) giving one religion a condition over the other is what I find hard making sense out of.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The World Of Jinn -I / 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Love Ramadan / Artificial Insemination To Get A Child: Is It A Sin In Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.