Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,523 members, 7,812,637 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Music In Nigeria - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music In Nigeria (1640 Views)

Poll: What type of music you love most?

Hip Hop / Rap: 0% (0 votes)
Fuji / Juju: 0% (0 votes)
RnB / Highlife: 0% (0 votes)
Blues (softcore & hardcore): 0% (0 votes)
Rock / Jazz: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days / Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria / K1 D Ultimate,obesere And Adewale Ayuba!who's D Real King Of Fuji Music In Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Music In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:19am On Jan 04, 2010
Nigeria good people great nation, music in our country is now turning to something else. Cuz anyone who is into it make it and successful. People like P Square,Timaya,Jay Martins,Terry G And so on.
What did u think about this!
Re: Music In Nigeria by Adeznuru(m): 9:49am On Jan 04, 2010
U ave really spoken,bt remenber dat hip hop is not d only muzik in 9ja.so i wil said kudos 2 all the muscian in 9ja.my regard goes 2 my favourity muscian and the one in town in term of fuji and the talk of all 9ja and all d world.who is he,the man of wisdow,philosophy,intellegence,and educatetive,the fuji icon,the endose king of fuji and the latest Mr muzik. King saheed osupa (K.S.O) Olufimo1,matagbamole in general.

Re: Music In Nigeria by urfriend(m): 9:53am On Jan 04, 2010
Nigerian Music & Wanton Lyrics

A legionnaire never forgets the songs he sang when searing bullets and a homebound hope was all that existed. Songs written by music craftsmen who believed the words on a song should inspire, educate and also entertain. For us, could be the spreading lump in our educational system is contagious, enough to make the intellectual bones of the music industry slumber on pedestrian and wanton lyrics.

‘You write a hit the same way you write a flop.’ U.S. lyricist Alan Jay Lerner’s attribution emphatically strikes a note; songs that have skimmed the rims of years are cut with great lyrics. The lyrics of John Newton’s hymns and those of Fela Kuti may be ages apart, but share a unique factor – lyrics that have shaped the state-of-mind of generations. How then can it be that in Nigeria’s 21st century only few (very few) music artistes enjoy international reviews on content? A time machine malfunction will be a ridiculously good excuse to make after a sad account of lyrical junks that is noted on Nigeria’s musical worksheet. It seems most of our so-called songwriters are still clothed in animal skin, or mediocrity is paying the bills at the expense of creativity.

Trashing out the concerns of Nigeria’s music lyric meltdown is not a swing-by-the-block task, but indicators such as Professional Ineptitude, Cultural Threshold and Creative Hocus-pocus will underscore the literal extinction of good lines that makes great music.

READ MORE AT http://www.myhimagazine.com/?p=72

Re: Music In Nigeria by Adeznuru(m): 9:55am On Jan 04, 2010
U ave really spoken,bt remenber dat hip hop is not d only muzik in 9ja.so i wil said kudos 2 all the muscian in 9ja.my regard goes 2 my favourity muscian and the one in town in term of fuji and the talk of all 9ja and all d world.who is he,the man of wisdow,philosophy,intellegence,and educatetive,the fuji icon,the endose king of fuji and the latest Mr muzik. King saheed osupa (K.S.O) Olufimo1,matagbamole in general.so let shoW love 2 all our muscian.

(1) (Reply)

Samklef Teams Up With Ghanaian Singer/rapper Elinee On New Song, Azonto Dance / Worwor's Top 100 Evergreen Love Songs. / Soft - TATTOO Remix Ft Davido (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.