Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

On The Run Politician Linked To 6 Billion Naira - Premium Times - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / On The Run Politician Linked To 6 Billion Naira - Premium Times (1413 Views)

FUTA Student Who Hacked Premium Times Website Suspended By University / Nigeria, U.S. Fight For Hushpuppi’s Custody From UAE — Premium Times / Port Harcourt Yahoo Boy Sentenced To 6 Months Imprisonment (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On The Run Politician Linked To 6 Billion Naira - Premium Times by GavelSlam: 12:06pm On Apr 21, 2017
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/229212-top-nigerian-politician-trouble-efcc-uncovers-n6billion-bank-accounts.html

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission is considering declaring a former Commissioner of Local Government in Niger State, Kantigi Liman, wanted after a further N2billion was traced to his United Bank for Africa account by the agency.

An EFCC insider told PREMIUM TIMES the discovery brings to N6 billion funds traced to accounts held by the politician and companies linked to him.

The Commission had weeks earlier traced N4billion to two accounts in GTBank, both linked to Mr. Liman.
The first account belongs to Sadiq Air Travel Agency Limited and the second to Kantigi.

Sources at the Commission however disclosed that the politician, who was a governorship aspirant of the Peoples Democratic Party in the 2015 election, has been elusive.

“He is on the run and all efforts to track him down have been futile. The next option left for the Commission is to declare him wanted,” the source said.
The source further disclosed that investigations so far indicated the funds were siphoned from the local government joint account of Niger State.

“The Commission desperately wants Liman, to confront him with the available evidence,” the source said. “He is believed to rake in a monthly interest of over N33million on the fixed deposits.”

Mr. Liman could not be reached for comments Friday morning.

When contacted, EFCC spokesperson, Wilson Uwujaren, confirmed Mr. Liman was being investigated.

“It is an ongoing investigation so I am not able to provide details at this time,” he said.
Re: On The Run Politician Linked To 6 Billion Naira - Premium Times by Hollasmall: 12:11pm On Apr 21, 2017
FTC am dedicating this to my beautiful mom happy birthday to you ma may you live long in good health. Love you all nairalanders
Re: On The Run Politician Linked To 6 Billion Naira - Premium Times by jabolo(m): 2:45pm On Apr 21, 2017
Chai!

2 Likes

Re: On The Run Politician Linked To 6 Billion Naira - Premium Times by Island01: 7:07pm On Sep 12, 2019
GavelSlam:
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/229212-top-nigerian-politician-trouble-efcc-uncovers-n6billion-bank-accounts.html

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission is considering declaring a former Commissioner of Local Government in Niger State, Kantigi Liman, wanted after a further N2billion was traced to his United Bank for Africa account by the agency.

An EFCC insider told PREMIUM TIMES the discovery brings to N6 billion funds traced to accounts held by the politician and companies linked to him.

The Commission had weeks earlier traced N4billion to two accounts in GTBank, both linked to Mr. Liman.
The first account belongs to Sadiq Air Travel Agency Limited and the second to Kantigi.

Sources at the Commission however disclosed that the politician, who was a governorship aspirant of the Peoples Democratic Party in the 2015 election, has been elusive.

“He is on the run and all efforts to track him down have been futile. The next option left for the Commission is to declare him wanted,” the source said.
The source further disclosed that investigations so far indicated the funds were siphoned from the local government joint account of Niger State.

“The Commission desperately wants Liman, to confront him with the available evidence,” the source said. “He is believed to rake in a monthly interest of over N33million on the fixed deposits.”

Mr. Liman could not be reached for comments Friday morning.

When contacted, EFCC spokesperson, Wilson Uwujaren, confirmed Mr. Liman was being investigated.

“It is an ongoing investigation so I am not able to provide details at this time,” he said.

Good evening boss man, how's it going
Re: On The Run Politician Linked To 6 Billion Naira - Premium Times by GavelSlam: 7:11pm On Sep 12, 2019
Island01:

Good evening boss man, how's it going

There are criminals everywhere.

I don't know how this exculpates the Yahoo boys who eventually plead guilty in court.
Re: On The Run Politician Linked To 6 Billion Naira - Premium Times by Island01: 7:39pm On Sep 12, 2019
GavelSlam:

There are criminals everywhere.

I don't know how this exculpates the Yahoo boys who eventually plead guilty in court.
we are in a corrupt country
Re: On The Run Politician Linked To 6 Billion Naira - Premium Times by GavelSlam: 7:41pm On Sep 12, 2019
Island01:
we are in a corrupt country

For that reason, a war on corrupt practices is necessary.
Re: On The Run Politician Linked To 6 Billion Naira - Premium Times by Island01: 7:46pm On Sep 12, 2019
GavelSlam:

For that reason, a war on corrupt practices is necessary.
yes sir... the problem is we can't fight corruption with corruption...
Re: On The Run Politician Linked To 6 Billion Naira - Premium Times by GavelSlam: 7:48pm On Sep 12, 2019
Island01:
yes sir... the problem is we can't fight corruption with corruption...

I guess you know where we can find Angels.

Or maybe we should let the Yahoo boys go until we find saints.

Re: On The Run Politician Linked To 6 Billion Naira - Premium Times by Island01: 8:14pm On Sep 12, 2019
GavelSlam:

I guess you know where we can find Angels.

Or maybe we should let the Yahoo boys go until we find saints.

I meant there is corruption in all sectors
Re: On The Run Politician Linked To 6 Billion Naira - Premium Times by GavelSlam: 8:16pm On Sep 12, 2019
Island01:

I meant there is corruption in all sectors

True.

It is a Nigerian malaise but all effort must be made to reduce it.

1 Like

Re: On The Run Politician Linked To 6 Billion Naira - Premium Times by Island01: 8:18pm On Sep 12, 2019
GavelSlam:

True.

It is a Nigerian malaise but all effort must be made to reduce it.
Yeah gradually we will get there

(1) (Reply)

Suspected Thieves Stripped Unclad And Brutalized In Imo State (photos) / Please help, I was scammed! (Land Grabbers) Omoniles / Alleged Cults Attack: Over 8 Persons Shot Dead { Very Graphic Pics}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.