Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry (27121 Views)

Elizabeth Etete Exposes Oluwatoyin Ajiboye, Husband Who Wants To To Remarry / Mother Of 3 Calls Out Her Ex-Husband Who Is Set To Remarry / 'My Wife Is Serial Divorcee, I'm Her 5th Husband' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry by DONSMITH123(m): 5:58pm On Apr 21, 2017
A divorcee, Yusuf Saidu, on Friday approached an Upper Area Court at Karu in Abuja to seek refund of the money he spent on the wedding of his former wife.

Saidu is pleading with the court to compel his ex-wife, Habiba, to refund approximately N400,000 he allegedly spent on their wedding three years ago to enable him marry a new wife.

He told the court that he and Habiba got married in 2014 and that Habiba got tired of the union early this year and divorced him.

Saidu said before the dissolution of the marriage, they had relocated to Abuja from Kaduna State, but that Habiba sued him at a court in Kaduna.

“My lord, I need the exact sum of N400,000 to marry a new wife.

“I don’t want any amount less than that because the marriage did not last long and for the money I spent not to be a waste, I need full refund.

“We were also blessed with a two-year-old boy. I want to have his custody.

“I am not the one that said I am tired of the marriage but my ex-wife; so, I need full refund of all my expenses during the wedding,’’ Saidu pleaded.

Counsel to the respondent, Mr. Abidan Aminu, noted that his client received the court summons with shock.

He told the court that the marriage was dissolved by a Sharia Court in Kawo, Kaduna State, last month.

“The summons is coming less than a month when the court at Kawo granted my client’s request on grounds of gross domestic violence visited on her.

“The court also awarded the sum of N 70,000 as compensation to be paid by my client to the plaintiff, being the exact amount of dowry paid on her.

“She had paid the money through the court.

“I was also surprised to find out from the court in Kaduna that he refused to come and pick up the N70,000 until we were served this summons in Abuja.

“Another surprising thing is that he did not heed the advice of the court to appeal its judgment at the Sharia Court of Appeal in Kaduna and he failed to also seek legal knowledge on the issue. ’’

Aminu urged the court to award Habiba N20,000 as compensation for expenses and inconveniences caused to her by the actions of Saidu.

However, the judge, Abdullahi Baba, in his ruling, struck out the case for lack of merit.

Baba said that the matter was filed at the court as a fresh matter and that was why it was entertained.

He advised Saidu to seek redress on the matter in the state where the divorce was granted.

“You (plaintiff) are not supposed to bring this matter here since it started in another state.

“I am certain that the judge of the Sharia Court in Kaduna would have told you in his judgment that you have a right to appeal within 30 days that the judgment was given.

“If you are not clear with any language of the court, seek professional opinion.

“I will advise you to go back to Kaduna where the matter started and appeal at the Sharia Court of appeal if you are not satisfied with the judgment given,’’ Baba ruled.

He, however, did not award any compensation to Habiba.

http://punchng.com/divorcee-asks-for-wedding-expense-refund-to-enable-him-remarry/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry by sarrki(m): 6:04pm On Apr 21, 2017
Then he must also refund all the puna tooo

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry by DONSMITH123(m): 6:09pm On Apr 21, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
sarrki:

bad guy

11 Likes

Re: Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry by sarrki(m): 6:13pm On Apr 21, 2017
DONSMITH123:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

bad guy

Nah so baba

Yl

2 Likes

Re: Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry by Tazdroid(m): 7:11pm On Apr 21, 2017
grin grin

THE OWU BREEZE WEY DEY BLOW AM

6 Likes

Re: Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry by veekid(m): 7:11pm On Apr 21, 2017
Nothing wey person no go read on nairaland o

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 21, 2017
I don't think he is ok.

3 Likes

Re: Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 21, 2017
sarrki:

The same way he met it. With the hymen if there was one.

19 Likes 3 Shares

cry
Re: Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry by AkinPhysicist: 7:12pm On Apr 21, 2017
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry by Akshow: 7:12pm On Apr 21, 2017
grin grin grin angry grin grin grin
Re: Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry by AkinPhysicist: 7:12pm On Apr 21, 2017
smiley
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry by emeijeh(m): 7:12pm On Apr 21, 2017
The recession is real

He must be joking

4 Likes

Re: Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry by Flexherbal(m): 7:13pm On Apr 21, 2017
Funny man!
Re: Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry by oviejnr(m): 7:13pm On Apr 21, 2017
Ahan, some men got no chill. These kind of men are the ones that takes their GF out for shopping and want to collect the stuffs when they have little misunderstanding cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry by cyberdurable(m): 7:14pm On Apr 21, 2017
grin
Re: Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry by leofab(f): 7:14pm On Apr 21, 2017
Zippered
Re: Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry by dyze(m): 7:14pm On Apr 21, 2017
kennygee:

The same way he met it. With the hymen if there was one.
undecided
Re: Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry by DrObum(m): 7:14pm On Apr 21, 2017
Sharp guy!

Make una give am him money biko

5 Likes

Re: Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry by donqx: 7:15pm On Apr 21, 2017
lol
Re: Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry by Opakan2: 7:15pm On Apr 21, 2017
Yes.. they should refund him

I'm in total support

8 Likes

Re: Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry by aralomo1(m): 7:15pm On Apr 21, 2017
sarrki:
Lol grin

3 Likes

Re: Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry by smartty68(m): 7:16pm On Apr 21, 2017
This marriage na business. Bros need his money back grin

1 Like

Re: Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 21, 2017
She dey come
Re: Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry by olaezebala: 7:16pm On Apr 21, 2017
After getting the money en, ask for the reversal of the sex too o. All must return back to as they were !!!

1 Like

Re: Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry by SalamRushdie: 7:17pm On Apr 21, 2017
sarrki:

I she going to refund all the D too? Why do we always make it sound that it's only men that enjoy sex?

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry by nNEOo(m): 7:17pm On Apr 21, 2017
That guy us gunna get burnt.
Re: Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry by Chiefpriest1(m): 7:17pm On Apr 21, 2017
Lol. Funny man. You want to have your cake and eat it. Oga, this is not America.

Will you also return her sagged tummy and the stretched puna from childbirth?

Abeg go push wheelbarrow if you wan marry another woman jor

1 Like

Re: Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry by Nathan308(m): 7:17pm On Apr 21, 2017
this days divorce is so rampant,may God guide our marriage that is still intact

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Any Girl That Is Getting Knacks At 15 Is Free To Get Married- Twitter User / Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family / She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.