Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,526 members, 7,823,285 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Juventus Vs Monaco : UCL (2 - 1) On 9th May 2017 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Juventus Vs Monaco : UCL (2 - 1) On 9th May 2017 (26500 Views)

Ajax vs Manchester United: Europa League Final (0 - 2) On 24th May 2017 / Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid: UCL (3 - 0) On 2nd May 2017 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea :FA Cup Final (2 - 1) On 27th May 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Juventus Vs Monaco : UCL (2 - 1) On 9th May 2017 by naturalwaves: 9:46am On May 10, 2017
chukzyfcbb:

baba no mind those blind fans.
These days if as a midfielder you are not scoring 15-20goals or giving assists then you are not performing.
Moreso Pogbas position at manutd is more restricted than when he was at juve, he plays more of a DMF at manutd than at Juve when he was a box-box midfielder.

If pogba is giving more freedom to roam forward, these plastic fans will get to see more of his beauty
Exactly! He really tried and he is on a high class.
Re: Juventus Vs Monaco : UCL (2 - 1) On 9th May 2017 by chukzyfcbb: 10:13am On May 10, 2017
naturalwaves:

Yeah, a lack of Pepe in that defence has wrecked havoc but Juventus does not run much at defences randomly, they only wait for a calculated time to hit and that is why I have not really been talking about Madrid's defence. The only way Juventus can defeat Madrid is to make the game extremely slow and pass the ball around but due to the speed of the Madrid team, they are going to rush back at them to retrieve the ball. It is going to be a cracker if Real Madrid makes it to the finals.
make the game slow? naaaaa all they need to do is what they have been doing. Defend tightly and utilize any counter attackn have got. I believe cuadrado will start that game because Marcelo likes to overlap. so all they need do like they HV been doing, is just score one and keep defending till u get another chance to score another. Monaco and barca played the ball but juve did the scoring.

1 Like

Re: Juventus Vs Monaco : UCL (2 - 1) On 9th May 2017 by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 10, 2017
Caringguy:
Ah ahn why you go take am as first half draw na wey u know how Juventus dey score like machine..

I just take am direct win oooo cheesy

If Madrid win or draw tomorrow i don bag 319k cheesy
0074763000. Diamond bank .5k is enough abeg.

But wait oo which madrid r u talkin about?
Re: Juventus Vs Monaco : UCL (2 - 1) On 9th May 2017 by Appleyard(m): 3:56am On May 11, 2017
chukzyfcbb:

barca is the better attacking team between barca and Madrid. but the thing is the style of play.
Barca barely crosses the ball, but prefers through balls which is were Madrid strength is. Madrid is very good in the air and so is juve defenders. You keep mentioning Madrid's attack, forgetting they have a weak back line.
I can't count how many clean sheets they have had because its very few. a very fast counter started by dybala or cuadrado will leave Madrid very hurt.

I thought I was the only one who knows this. I can't remember a match Real Madrid has played without conceding goals or gifting our penalties. I can bet my moiney that they will trip either Cuadrado or Dybala in the box...That is Real Madrid for you.
Re: Juventus Vs Monaco : UCL (2 - 1) On 9th May 2017 by Appleyard(m): 4:41am On May 11, 2017
[quote author=naturalwaves post=56378555]
What Monaco has is a group of young , vibrant young men that can run at defences and that does not necessarily imply that they have the best attack. Being able to do all these does not translate to being able to kill off games. The fact that they met their waterloo against Juventus is not enough reasons to state that all teams will. Saying that Italian football is about tactics and logic begs the question because football itself is basically about tactics and logic plus having a standard team that can execute such logic or tactics.

My brother, there is difference between tactical football and the ordinary context of the word "tactics". When Shevchenvko left Milan to Chelsea, he stated in an interview where he was asked about the difference between Italian football and English....He replied by saying.. "The English league is about Speed and Instinct, but Italian Football is about Tactics and Logic."

Another player, Taye Taiwo who left Marseille for Milan, after some months, said this same thing.. "The League is full of tactics."

Bertnard who left Ansenal to play for some months at Juventus, was also quick to point out the same thing...

Now, do you think those people doenst know what tactics mean before saying what they have said?

This is where you missed the points. Barcelonia has one of the best attacks in the world in the MSN trio combo but the difference between Barcelonia and Real Madrid is that, Real Madrid does not need a deadly trio to do the damage and the ball does not necessarily need to get to them. The whole Madrid squad is deadly from defence to attack. The midfield is mad and Barcelonia midfield cannot stand such.

Wrong! There is no other difficult style of play in football than possessive football--denying the opponent from seeing much of the ball for most part of the game. If you can't hold the ball, your chances of winning the match are limited, and that is what makes Barcelona great. So, your excuse here doesn't hold water. Barca met a more tactiful and decisive team and they lost, not because of their free flowing football. They lost to a team that is tactically superior.

The same BBC that were opened so badly in the first leg by Monaco at least 7 times and had to be saved by Buffon? I repeat! If Monaco can do that, then Madrid can do better.

Opened them up and yet lost 4 - 1 home and away? For your information, before that match, no French club has ever knockout Juventus from the Champions league, and Monaco has never won in Italy. I told you earlier on, do fact check on teams before jumping to conclusions...Historical records always have a place in contemporary football.

Juventus has the best defence in the league no doubt but I doubt if it will be able to handle Madrid. They were able to handle Barcelonia because of Barceloni's style of play and that is the same reason Chelsea handled them well in those days such that Messi is usually unable to get into the box for a pass talk less of shooting at goal. Madrid plays in a totally different way. Madrid does not have a specific way of attacking. The goals come in random manners in different styles. One thing I am sure Madrid is going to use to frustrate Juve is aerial balls. If you observe the way Madrid plays, the wingers and even Marcelo have mastered this way of floating in perfect balls into the box and all that is needed is just a connection to it by one of the forwards. That is really going to be a handful for Juve.

You see? smiley If Juventus could cage Barcelona, then it would certainly be more favourable to hold and play against Real Madrid. You know why? It is more frustrating to play against a team that controls the ball for most part of the game, than a team that doesn't hold the ball for long. wink Since Real Madrid will not be holding the bll for long, Juventus will always fancy their chances.

Did I hear you say aerial ball? grin grin My God... grin That is Juventus yam and beans....in both defence and in attack.. grin Go and check the statistics. The tallest people in the Real Madrid attack are Benzema and Ronaldo, but they are already taken care of by BBC--Bonucci, Barzagli and Chiellini--the only defenders currently in Europe to have won more aerier touches than any other team. grin

Oh, Marcelo, and you believe he will just dribble pass Dani Alvez and and Cuadrado to cross the ball, right? wink Let me tell you one thing that i hope should repeat itself: if Real Madrid continue this current way they are playing now, the likes of Marcelo will not only been caught on the counter, but they will concede another penalty while giving away free kicks like Nigerian politicians.

The only thing i fear may likely work against Juventus is their knack of losing in the finals. Otherwise, Real Madrid will see fire.
Re: Juventus Vs Monaco : UCL (2 - 1) On 9th May 2017 by Appleyard(m): 2:11pm On May 11, 2017
chukzyfcbb:

make the game slow? naaaaa all they need to do is what they have been doing. Defend tightly and utilize any counter attackn have got. I believe cuadrado will start that game because Marcelo likes to overlap. so all they need do like they HV been doing, is just score one and keep defending till u get another chance to score another. Monaco and barca played the ball but juve did the scoring.

Your head they there....
Re: Juventus Vs Monaco : UCL (2 - 1) On 9th May 2017 by chukzyfcbb: 4:47pm On May 11, 2017
Appleyard:

I thought I was the only one who knows this. I can't remember a match Real Madrid has played without conceding goals or gifting our penalties. I can bet my moiney that they will trip either Cuadrado or Dybala in the box...That is Real Madrid for you.
oil dey ur head baba, u sabi analyze football.
The team back line is careless, that will be thier biggest challenge. to coordinate defence
Re: Juventus Vs Monaco : UCL (2 - 1) On 9th May 2017 by naturalwaves: 5:05pm On May 11, 2017
Appleyard:
My brother, there is difference between tactical football and the ordinary context of the word "tactics". When Shevchenvko left Milan to Chelsea, he stated in an interview where he was asked about the difference between Italian football and English....He replied by saying.. "The English league is about Speed and Instinct, but Italian Football is about Tactics and Logic."

Another player, Taye Taiwo who left Marseille for Milan, after some months, said this same thing.. "The League is full of tactics."

Bertnard who left Ansenal to play for some months at Juventus, was also quick to point out the same thing...

Now, do you think those people doenst know what tactics mean before saying what they have said?

Let me quickly diffuse this point. From 1992 till date which makes a total of 25 years, Italian clubs have won the UEFA Champions league a mere total of 5 times. If your so called logic and tactics is quite superior to other styles, then they would have done better. In fact, out of those 5 occasions, your darling Juventus has managed just 1 shocked in the 1995/1996 season against Ajax tongue. Of what use is the "tactics" that cannot translate to silverware and dominate Europe??

Appleyard:
Wrong! There is no other difficult style of play in football than possessive football--denying the opponent from seeing much of the ball for most part of the game. If you can't hold the ball, your chances of winning the match are limited, and that is what makes Barcelona great. So, your excuse here doesn't hold water. Barca met a more tactiful and decisive team and they lost, not because of their free flowing football. They lost to a team that is tactically superior.
You are contradicting yourself bro. I thought that you said other teams did the playing and Juventus did the scoring against Monaco and Barcelonia in your previous arguments? What that means is that the holding of the ball is not the most important thing. The most important thing is what was done with the ball while being held. Barcelonia lost the game because they were so predictable. Real Madrid is not as predictable as Barcelonia. For example, if I did not see a Barcelonia match and I was told the name of the scorer(s) of a goal, I can state three ways the goal(s) must have be scored. If you tell me Messi scored a goal 35m out from the box, my most likely guess is a " freekick". If you tell me Messi scored from around 25m, then he must have shielded the ball to the left while defenders are following up before curling the ball in to the right hand side of the goal keeper. If you tell me he scored between the 18 to 22m mark, then, he must have exchanged 1-2 with someone and fire a fast shot. If you tell me Ronaldo scored in all these same situations, it is not as predictable as Messi's type of goal in such situations.

Appleyard:
Opened them up and yet lost 4 - 1 home and away?
They at least showed that the defence was penetratable but lacked the experience to put the ball away. I told you that because the way you described the Juve defence was like nothing ever goes through in it
Appleyard:
For your information, before that match, no French club has ever knockout Juventus from the Champions league, and Monaco has never won in Italy. I told you earlier on, do fact check on teams before jumping to conclusions...[/b]Historical records always have a place in contemporary football

Historical fallacy. If the results is already known from history, why go through the process then?

Appleyard:
You see? smiley If Juventus could cage Barcelona, then it would certainly be more favourable to hold and play against Real Madrid. You know why? It is more frustrating to play against a team that controls the ball for most part of the game, than a team that doesn't hold the ball for long. wink Since Real Madrid will not be holding the bll for long, Juventus will always fancy their chances.
Seems you do not still get how Madrid plays. Madrid plays purposefully and are direct at play. Madrid can have a short hold of the ball at very high frequencies. They do not leave the ball with the opoostion for too many minutes. They get the ball for a short time, attack, lose the ball, get it back, attack, lose the ball etc. So, it is not something like the way Chelsea played against Barcelonia in those days while gifting the opposition several minutes of the ball with just few touches in each half. In fact, ball possession is going to be slightly balanced when Juve meets Real.

Appleyard:
Did I hear you say aerial ball? grin grin My God... grin That is Juventus yam and beans....in both defence and in attack.. grin Go and check the statistics. The tallest people in the Real Madrid attack are Benzema and Ronaldo, but they are already taken care of by BBC--Bonucci, Barzagli and Chiellini--the only defenders currently in Europe to have won more aerier touches than any other team. grin
This is not the first time Ronaldo and co will be winning aerial duels with good and tall defenders. The height is not enough. The question is....what is their jump power? None of those ones you mentioned have a jump power that is close to Ronaldo. Moreover, the likes of Ramos are going to join in corner kicks and that increases the confusion in the box. I see a lot of pushings going down. In fact, Chiellini will most likely be red carded if care is not taken and remeber to warn your darling Juve not to play the offside trap because it will be detrimental and the referee may miss one or two calls and the next thing you guys do will be to abuse Ronaldo for scoring an offside goal.

Appleyard:
Oh, Marcelo, and you believe he will just dribble pass Dani Alvez and and Cuadrado to cross the ball, right? wink Let me tell you one thing that i hope should repeat itself: if Real Madrid continue this current way they are playing now, the likes of Marcelo will not only been caught on the counter, but they will concede another penalty while giving away free kicks like Nigerian politicians
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy. Funny you. They have the speed to pursue if such happens tongue tongue tongue

Appleyard:
The only thing i fear may likely work against Juventus is their knack of losing in the finals. Otherwise, Real Madrid will see fire.
There is nothing like a knack for losing. No one has that. I just hope this will not be the excuse you will give when Real Madrid licks them like TOM TOM tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United / West Brom Vs Arsenal (0 - 4) On 2nd January 2020 / Lille Vs Chelsea : UCL (1 - 2) On 2nd October 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.