Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,383 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:56 AM

EZE GOES TO School's Author , Onuorah Nzekwu Dies Aged 89! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / EZE GOES TO School's Author , Onuorah Nzekwu Dies Aged 89! (1537 Views)

Onuorah Nzekwu Is Dead! (‘Eze Goes To School’ Author) / Breaking: Onuorah Nzekwu, Author Of "Eze Goes To School" Dies At 89 (photos) / Author Of "Eze Goes T School", Onuorah Nzekwu Dies Aged 89 (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EZE GOES TO School's Author , Onuorah Nzekwu Dies Aged 89! by Mmaitahh: 9:12am On Apr 22, 2017
EZE GOES TO SCHOOL's author and one time head of News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) died yesterday (April 21). He was aged 89. '

Onuora Nzekwu, also known as Joseph Onuora Nzekwu (born February 19, 1928) was a Nigerian professor, writer and editor.

Onuora Nzekwu received the Rockefeller Foundation Fellowship in 1961, which enabled him to study American Methods of Magazine Production with Crafts Horizons in New York. In 1964, Nzekwu was awarded an UNESCO Fellowship which allowed him to study Copyright Administration for three months in Geneva, Prague, Paris, London, New York and Washington.

On August 8, 2006, NAN observed its 30th Anniversary during celebrations at Abuja. The Agency presented a plaque with the engraving “Maker of NAN,” to Nzekwu. In December, 2008, Nzekwu was conferred with the Nigerian National Honor of the Officer of the Order of the Niger (OON).

Publications.
Nzekwu has also authored several novels. Nzekwu co-authored Eze Goes to School and Eze Goes to College with historian Michael Crowder. The two school supplementary readers were first published by African University Press in 1964 and 1988 respectively.

Nzekwu married Onoenyi Justina Ogbenyeanu, daughter of Chief Isaac Aniegboka Mbanefo, Odu II of Onitsha, in June 196... Click to continue http://www.datswasupblog.com/2017/04/eze-goes-to-school-author-onuorah.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: EZE GOES TO School's Author , Onuorah Nzekwu Dies Aged 89! by LionDeLeo: 9:13am On Apr 22, 2017
Eze Goes To School, a very good novel in secondary schools.

This man is a teacher, a very good one and he will still be even after his death.

RIP.
Re: EZE GOES TO School's Author , Onuorah Nzekwu Dies Aged 89! by Nwodosis(m): 9:16am On Apr 22, 2017
Re: EZE GOES TO School's Author , Onuorah Nzekwu Dies Aged 89! by yusasiv(m): 9:19am On Apr 22, 2017
May his sins be forgiven
Re: EZE GOES TO School's Author , Onuorah Nzekwu Dies Aged 89! by dominique(f): 9:23am On Apr 22, 2017
RIP sad
Re: EZE GOES TO School's Author , Onuorah Nzekwu Dies Aged 89! by SoftP(m): 9:24am On Apr 22, 2017
LionDeLeo:

This man is a teacher, a very good one and he will still be even after his death.

RIP.
Eze goes to school is not a novel my friend

1 Like

Re: EZE GOES TO School's Author , Onuorah Nzekwu Dies Aged 89! by LionDeLeo: 9:25am On Apr 22, 2017
SoftP:
Eze goes to school is not a novel my friend

Oga, what is it? Do you know what a novel is? Or you think novel is only for adults?

Re: EZE GOES TO School's Author , Onuorah Nzekwu Dies Aged 89! by Nicho118(m): 9:29am On Apr 22, 2017
LionDeLeo:

RIP.
It was in primary school
Re: EZE GOES TO School's Author , Onuorah Nzekwu Dies Aged 89! by LionDeLeo: 9:30am On Apr 22, 2017
Nicho118:
It was in primary school

Well, I read it in jss1
Re: EZE GOES TO School's Author , Onuorah Nzekwu Dies Aged 89! by Nicho118(m): 9:32am On Apr 22, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Well, I read it in jss1
well, the one use in secondary school was 'Eze goes to college'
Re: EZE GOES TO School's Author , Onuorah Nzekwu Dies Aged 89! by LionDeLeo: 9:36am On Apr 22, 2017
Nicho118:
well, the one use in secondary school was 'Eze goes to college'

I may be mixing it up, though I can't recall if I actually saw the "college" version.
Re: EZE GOES TO School's Author , Onuorah Nzekwu Dies Aged 89! by Akposb(m): 9:37am On Apr 22, 2017
RIP to a legend. It was great to read your great book. I hope grace take you to the Creator's kingdom.
Re: EZE GOES TO School's Author , Onuorah Nzekwu Dies Aged 89! by GogetterMD(m): 9:38am On Apr 22, 2017
God bless your soul sir! RIP legend! Splendid book!
Re: EZE GOES TO School's Author , Onuorah Nzekwu Dies Aged 89! by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:39am On Apr 22, 2017
The book was produced as a comprehensive *READER* for primary schools .Then there was another one for secondary schools which was Eze goes to college and it was never a novel.....How can someone even call the book a novel?May his soul r.I p. BTW I heard that Eze is now a big boy working and married with kids. grin
Re: EZE GOES TO School's Author , Onuorah Nzekwu Dies Aged 89! by Partnerbiz(f): 9:42am On Apr 22, 2017
Chewing gum kids will not know this book. These days they study Efe goes to BBN. Tboss goes unclad. Fashek goes mad.

RIP sir.
So unfortunate icons like this have no money.
Re: EZE GOES TO School's Author , Onuorah Nzekwu Dies Aged 89! by littlewonders: 9:47am On Apr 22, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
The book was produced as a comprehensive *READER* for primary schools .Then there was another one for secondary schools which was Eze goes to college and it was never a novel.....How can someone even call the book a novel?May his soul r.I p. BTW I heard that Eze is now a big boy working and married with kids. grin
Re: EZE GOES TO School's Author , Onuorah Nzekwu Dies Aged 89! by girlhaley(f): 10:00am On Apr 22, 2017
Rest in peace

Eze goes to school.... One of my best favourite storybook then

Btw..... Eze is now married with kids

Lalasticlala
Re: EZE GOES TO School's Author , Onuorah Nzekwu Dies Aged 89! by Omoluabi16(m): 10:28am On Apr 22, 2017
God rest his soul. I would recommend these books anytime and anyday for basic literature, because of it's rich local contents. The names, and the drawing made learning easy and interesting back in the day.
Another legend goes home.
Re: EZE GOES TO School's Author , Onuorah Nzekwu Dies Aged 89! by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 22, 2017
His legacy will live on

That's the power of the written word.
Re: EZE GOES TO School's Author , Onuorah Nzekwu Dies Aged 89! by Nicho118(m): 11:05am On Apr 22, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
na story book
Re: EZE GOES TO School's Author , Onuorah Nzekwu Dies Aged 89! by ReneeNuttall(f): 12:10pm On Apr 22, 2017
Nicho118:
na story book
No be only story book,na novel.
Re: EZE GOES TO School's Author , Onuorah Nzekwu Dies Aged 89! by ReneeNuttall(f): 12:11pm On Apr 22, 2017
Nicho118:
na story book
Re: EZE GOES TO School's Author , Onuorah Nzekwu Dies Aged 89! by ReneeNuttall(f): 12:11pm On Apr 22, 2017
Nicho118:
na story book

(1) (Reply)

The Top 10 Contemporary African Writers You Should Know / 12-12-12 What A Strange Date / Life Of Crime *season1* [fiction]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.