Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars (35484 Views)

What Are The Top 10 Fuel Efficient Cars In Nigeria? / The 8 Most Expensive Cars In The World / 7 Fuel-efficient Cars To Buy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by mastasam(m): 7:55am On Apr 23, 2017
Peugeot 206 and 307 are also fuel economized
Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by Stoicbaba(m): 8:01am On Apr 23, 2017
permsec:
No bro, I think its pronounced as "yawn-day"

Bro, it is a Korean name and the Hy is pronounced as Sh while the dai is day, so the pronunciation of Hyundai is Shunday...
Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 23, 2017
Amen
Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 23, 2017
Timiblanko:
I know nothing about car, the time shall come
it is well brother.
Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by Jobabori(m): 8:08am On Apr 23, 2017
Please OP add Mercedes C class to your list

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by murmee: 8:12am On Apr 23, 2017
permsec:
No. It is hun-day or horn-day

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by Timiblanko(m): 8:18am On Apr 23, 2017
Mstalba:
it is well brother.

Amen, God bless you too
Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by metroid(m): 8:27am On Apr 23, 2017
Stoicbaba:

Bro, it is a Korean name and the Hy is pronounced as Sh while the dai is day, so the pronunciation of Hyundai is Shunday...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brOvcCtaROQ

2 Likes

Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by policy12: 8:29am On Apr 23, 2017
ogunvic41:
Peugeot...more efficient than Toyota

Yes o o especially Peugeot 407 2010 model.
Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 23, 2017
murmee:
Hyon-dae actually. The H is silent. it is a Korean company.

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 23, 2017
Stoicbaba:

Hyon-dae. The H is silent. You can Google the pronunciation.

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:43am On Apr 23, 2017
Timiblanko:

Am in my mid 20s so is it bad, Gods time is the best
No, it is not about buying a car now.
Its about a young man not being aware of the simple tins he is supposed to be aware of.
That u don't ve money to buy a car now doesn't mean u cannot know a lot about diff auto makers and various model of cars.
The knowledge might help u eventually when u re ready to buy urs.
Ur knowledge might even aid u in advising an intending buyer.
Never underestimate the advantage of knowledge.

4 Likes

Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:44am On Apr 23, 2017
policy12:

Yes o o especially Peugeot 407 2010 model.
Really? What about the maintenance cost?
Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by kayo80(m): 8:45am On Apr 23, 2017
tete7000:
My mazda 626 is fuel efficient enough for me. Driving ibadan-lagos on about 10 litres of fuel do me.

Which year is your Mazda 626?
Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by kayo80(m): 8:51am On Apr 23, 2017
Nissan Micra should be Number ONE on your list. Why do you think transport people in Ibadan use it. The thing conserves fuel like Keke Napep.

3 Likes

Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by jayjayjones: 9:02am On Apr 23, 2017
angelusbrut:

bros,abeg do u know the current prize of this car? my mum needs something like this if my budget fit get am this year.
I have one for sale bro.... if you live in Abuja.
Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by Daboomb: 9:09am On Apr 23, 2017
Who cares about fuel economy?

My 8-Cylinder Lexus LX 570 runs on full tank at all times.

Just work hard, have the doe and you wont have to crack your brain just because you want to save pennies on fuel economy.

I nor send.

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by lonelydora: 9:10am On Apr 23, 2017
symbianDON:
I don't agree with some of the data stated @ op. firstly the manner of presentation is faulty. the years of manufacture of the cars aren't stated as well as engine size and transmission type. however, comparing 2010 civic and corolla side by side, the civic clearly is more economical on fuel having an approximate combined MPG of 32miles/gallon and 28miles/gallon respectively.
I used 15 litres of fuel from kaduna to lokoja in a 2006 Honda civic.
Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by Daboomb: 9:18am On Apr 23, 2017
kayo80:
Nissan Micra should be Number ONE on your list. Why do you think transport people in Ibadan use it. The thing conserves fuel like Keke Napep.
\

I dont think it is just Fuel

That Car is a work Horse.
It never dies on you.
undecided undecided

Same with Toyota Starlet.

and it is not just at Ibadan only, go to Abuja..and all over Europe where those 'tenth-hand' you see at Ibadan, come from.
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by kayo80(m): 9:24am On Apr 23, 2017
Daboomb:
\

I dont think it is just Fuel

That Car is a work Horse.
It never dies on you.
undecided undecided

Same with Toyota Starlet.

and it is not just at Ibadan only, go to Abuja..[b]and all over Europe where those 'tenth-hand' you see at Ibadan, come from
.[/b] grin grin

lol! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 23, 2017
Yarnvibes:
We all know Nigeria’s erratic fuel price situation – one moment it’s up and the next it’s down. The current removal of fuel subsidy has helped stabilize the price a bit, but it’s still on the high side compared to the low prices we once enjoyed. At this point, fuel efficient cars are more or less a blessing to Nigerians. Jumia Travel , the leading online travel agency shares 8 of the most fuel efficient cars to consider the next time you’re in the car market.

Hyundai Sonata
This is a comfortable ride with great rear-seat room. It’s affordable and has a sound and responsive handling. It has an estimated fuel economy rating is within the range of about 8.5 kilometers per liter to about 13.9 Km/L.

Toyota Camry
Regardless of your reservations about Toyota cars, one thing you have to admit is that they deliver most of what consumers want in a midsized car. It is comfortable to drive, cheaper and easier to maintain than other car brands. The Toyota Camry offers a kind of ‘no-fuss’ driving experience with sound handling and a roomy and comfortable interior that makes it a pleasant car to drive. Its estimated fuel economy within the range of about 9.8 Km/L to about 13.6 Km/L.

Mitsubishi Mirage
This is another affordable car with an inviting image of economy and thriftiness. However, the vehicle still deals with issues of sluggish acceleration, a not-so-good handling and a not so powerful engine. Nevertheless, the car is reasonably roomy, cheap and economical. Its estimated fuel economy within the range of about 11.2 Km/L to about 17.3 Km/L.

Toyota Rav4
This SUV provides a strong blend of fuel efficiency, comfort, roominess and reliability. It’s a great family car with sound handling, quiet with a commendable performance. It has an estimate fuel economy range of about 12.75 Km/L to about 15.73 Km/L.

Toyota Corolla
The Corolla provides a comfortable experience for drivers. It’s quiet and spacious with a secure and reasonably sound handling. It also has a roomy interior and one of the roomiest rear seats. Its estimated fuel economy range is from about 10.00 Km/L to about 13.7 Km/L.

Kia Forte
With a generous and comfortable interior room and an engine similar to Hyundai Elantra, the ride has a secure but not very agile handling. It’s also fairly absorbent, tending to feel a bit to tender when encountering sharp bumps, but it has a great engine with logically arranged controls. Its estimate fuel economy rating is within the range of about 10.7 Km/L to about 14.5 Km/L.

Mazda3
This is a fun to drive car with a perky handling and great engine. It is one of the most fuel efficient cars and offers some luxury features that are rare for compact cars in its category, although it’s not particularly as roomy as the others but it’s still very ok. Its estimated fuel economy range is from about 10.6 Km/L to about 13.9 Km/L.

Honda Civic
This car delivers great fuel economy, is comfortable with precise handling, a spacious interior but unfortunately not the most reliable car out there. It’s however capable and refined with a reasonably powerful engine. Its estimated fuel economy range is from about 12.3 Km/L to about 13.9 Km/L.

http://fabinfos.com/top-8-most-fuel-efficient-cars/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique

MY BROTHER, MY PEUGEOT 406 IS JUST THE BEST. I DROVE FROM IKEJA, LAGOS WITH FULL AC WITH 70 LITERS FUEL. ON GETTING TO APO, ABUJA, I STILL HAD ABOVE QUATER TANK WHICH TRANSLATE TO LIKE 20-25 LITERS LEFT IN THE CAR. Peugeot 406 is just the best in fuel economy.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 23, 2017
Corolla is spacious??

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by Korrection(m): 9:45am On Apr 23, 2017
All cars are fuel efficient when you get your tank filled...I have used cars and my dear when you fill your tank your car will run fine ....not when you buy 5 liters into an ML and you expect it to take you to miles..If youre not ready to maintain a car please dont buy...

3 Likes

Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by dickt(m): 10:12am On Apr 23, 2017
Yarnvibes:
We all know Nigeria’s erratic fuel price situation – one moment it’s up and the next it’s down. The current removal of fuel subsidy has helped stabilize the price a bit, but it’s still on the high side compared to the low prices we once enjoyed. At this point, fuel efficient cars are more or less a blessing to Nigerians. Jumia Travel , the leading online travel agency shares 8 of the most fuel efficient cars to consider the next time you’re in the car market.

Hyundai Sonata
This is a comfortable ride with great rear-seat room. It’s affordable and has a sound and responsive handling. It has an estimated fuel economy rating is within the range of about 8.5 kilometers per liter to about 13.9 Km/L.

Toyota Camry
Regardless of your reservations about Toyota cars, one thing you have to admit is that they deliver most of what consumers want in a midsized car. It is comfortable to drive, cheaper and easier to maintain than other car brands. The Toyota Camry offers a kind of ‘no-fuss’ driving experience with sound handling and a roomy and comfortable interior that makes it a pleasant car to drive. Its estimated fuel economy within the range of about 9.8 Km/L to about 13.6 Km/L.

Mitsubishi Mirage
This is another affordable car with an inviting image of economy and thriftiness. However, the vehicle still deals with issues of sluggish acceleration, a not-so-good handling and a not so powerful engine. Nevertheless, the car is reasonably roomy, cheap and economical. Its estimated fuel economy within the range of about 11.2 Km/L to about 17.3 Km/L.

Toyota Rav4
This SUV provides a strong blend of fuel efficiency, comfort, roominess and reliability. It’s a great family car with sound handling, quiet with a commendable performance. It has an estimate fuel economy range of about 12.75 Km/L to about 15.73 Km/L.

Toyota Corolla
The Corolla provides a comfortable experience for drivers. It’s quiet and spacious with a secure and reasonably sound handling. It also has a roomy interior and one of the roomiest rear seats. Its estimated fuel economy range is from about 10.00 Km/L to about 13.7 Km/L.

Kia Forte
With a generous and comfortable interior room and an engine similar to Hyundai Elantra, the ride has a secure but not very agile handling. It’s also fairly absorbent, tending to feel a bit to tender when encountering sharp bumps, but it has a great engine with logically arranged controls. Its estimate fuel economy rating is within the range of about 10.7 Km/L to about 14.5 Km/L.

Mazda3
This is a fun to drive car with a perky handling and great engine. It is one of the most fuel efficient cars and offers some luxury features that are rare for compact cars in its category, although it’s not particularly as roomy as the others but it’s still very ok. Its estimated fuel economy range is from about 10.6 Km/L to about 13.9 Km/L.

Honda Civic
This car delivers great fuel economy, is comfortable with precise handling, a spacious interior but unfortunately not the most reliable car out there. It’s however capable and refined with a reasonably powerful engine. Its estimated fuel economy range is from about 12.3 Km/L to about 13.9 Km/L.

http://fabinfos.com/top-8-most-fuel-efficient-cars/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique

Very misleading post. So many omissions and unnecessary additions. The OP has very limited knowledge about cars, no two ways.
Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by ajeleseujn(m): 10:19am On Apr 23, 2017
tempex88:
Wrong write up.

Most cars mentioned have both 4 and 6 cylinder option. Where did he put cars like Yaris, corolla. Civic, golf, Hyundai i10. Kia Rio etc

even Kia Picanto
Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by DjAndroid: 10:36am On Apr 23, 2017
Exponental:
God, please bless my hustle, I don't want to bother about fuel economy of a car. I want to use a car I like/love when it's in vogue......... So help me God!

When you get that car, you will realize that fuel economy is very vital, even if you are Dangote when you buy fuel at every filling station, you go know how far.

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by DjAndroid: 10:42am On Apr 23, 2017
permsec:

According to BBC, every country that manufactures the vehicle pronounces the name differently, that is Korea, UK and US.

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-25813198

Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by londonzona: 10:43am On Apr 23, 2017
who know how much Honda discussion continues is now in the market? what about the fuel economy
Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by bigmo1(m): 10:46am On Apr 23, 2017
Op, where is my Geely in this your list. #1000 fuel will take me from Abeokuta to Lagos and back
Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by permsec: 10:54am On Apr 23, 2017
DjAndroid:

According to BBC, every country that manufactures the vehicle pronounces the name differently, that is Korea, UK and US.

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-25813198
Stoicbaba:

murmee:
Well noted. Thanks guys for the diverse opinion although I saw an ad and it was pronounced as spelt. Thanks amusaopeyemi too.
Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by OBAnkemi: 11:10am On Apr 23, 2017
tete7000:
My mazda 626 is fuel efficient enough for me. Driving ibadan-lagos on about 10 litres of fuel do me.

Ibadan-Lagos is at most 120km. A V6 w203 Benz will also do Ibadan-lagos wit 10L tops
Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by ZoneBslayer(m): 11:30am On Apr 23, 2017
Stoicbaba:

with all due respect, he is right and you are wrong... the elentra advert on CNN clearly pronounces it as "yawn-day"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fluid Specs Q & A Thread / Help Radiator Fan Not Working ( Problem Solved ) / President Gurbanguly Berdymukhamedov Drives Around 'Gateway To Hell'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.