Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,642 members, 7,820,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars (35535 Views)

What Are The Top 10 Fuel Efficient Cars In Nigeria? / The 8 Most Expensive Cars In The World / 7 Fuel-efficient Cars To Buy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by Timiblanko(m): 11:36am On Apr 23, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
No, it is not about buying a car now.
Its about a young man not being aware of the simple tins he is supposed to be aware of.
That u don't ve money to buy a car now doesn't mean u cannot know a lot about diff auto makers and various model of cars.
The knowledge might help u eventually when u re ready to buy urs.
Ur knowledge might even aid u in advising an intending buyer.
Never underestimate the advantage of knowledge.

That is true, knowledge is not a waste

2 Likes

Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 23, 2017
permsec:
Well noted. Thanks guys for the diverse opinion although I saw an ad and it was pronounced as spelt. Thanks amusaopeyemi too.
You're welcome.
Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by policy12: 12:02pm On Apr 23, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
Really? What about the maintenance cost?

Actually the part is a bit expensive but since 3yrs that I obtained mine I av not experience any major problem,the only issue I av is d fan belt I av change more dn 4times. I don't know may na d one I use to buy that are not k or there is something wrong somewhere I am not fixing alright. The fan belt for other car may be 500 upward but this my 407 I use to buy it for 5000k.
Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by nikky5(m): 12:11pm On Apr 23, 2017
I want to strongly believe that my Octavia elegance 2.0 which is a skoda product is the most economical fuel consumption car.
Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by illuminatedmind(m): 12:55pm On Apr 23, 2017
Poverty
Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by tete7000(m): 1:38pm On Apr 23, 2017
angelusbrut:

bros,abeg do u know the current prize of this car? my mum needs something like this if my budget fit get am this year.

To be frank I don't have an idea of current price. Got mine some 4yrs ago and not directly from dealer but someone wishing to sell hers for some reasons.
Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:59pm On Apr 23, 2017
policy12:

Actually the part is a bit expensive but since 3yrs that I obtained mine I av not experience any major problem,the only issue I av is d fan belt I av change more dn 4times. I don't know may na d one I use to buy that are not k or there is something wrong somewhere I am not fixing alright. The fan belt for other car may be 500 upward but this my 407 I use to buy it for 5000k.
What!!!!!!!!!!
Too damn expensive
Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by policy12: 2:20pm On Apr 23, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
What!!!!!!!!!!
Too damn expensive

Quite expensive but it seem d mechanic is cheating me zeriously,apart from that it's a nice car.
Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by Cityguy: 2:23pm On Apr 23, 2017
fridayomali:

MY BROTHER, MY PEUGEOT 406 IS JUST THE BEST. I DROVE FROM IKEJA, LAGOS WITH FULL AC WITH 70 LITERS FUEL. ON GETTING TO APO, ABUJA, I STILL HAD ABOVE QUATER TANK WHICH TRANSLATE TO LIKE 20-25 LITERS LEFT IN THE CAR. Peugeot 406 is just the best in fuel economy.
Quite right. Five years on it and haven't got any reason to doubt you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by symbianDON(m): 2:43pm On Apr 23, 2017
lonelydora:

I used 15 litres of fuel from kaduna to lokoja in a 2006 Honda civic.
I quite agree! I have been in possession of 2 civics (2001 & 2007) and a corolla (2001).....I must say, the fuel economy of the civic isn't something you would believe if you haven't had or driven one over a good distance.

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by tete7000(m): 3:35pm On Apr 23, 2017
kayo80:

Which year is your Mazda 626?

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by kayo80(m): 4:25pm On Apr 23, 2017
tete7000:

Okay. Thanks.
Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by begwong: 4:38pm On Apr 23, 2017
Op, you forgot OPEL VECTRA. Entered a commercial car for a 30km trip at Red abi reserve it took us jeje to our destination
Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by Coolgent(m): 5:44pm On Apr 23, 2017
Thank u Op.
Be specific next time for us to knw wether its City driving, Highway or combine
Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by lonelydora: 6:02pm On Apr 23, 2017
symbianDON:

I quite agree! I have been in possession of 2 civics (2001 & 2007) and a corolla (2001).....I must say, the fuel economy of the civic isn't something you would believe if you haven't had or driven one over a good distance.

I couldn't even believe myself when I wanted to top up at lokoja.
Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by DaimlerBen(m): 7:05pm On Apr 23, 2017
T4kbaba:

If you don't have knowledge about energy you better keep quiet. There is what we call energy efficient and energy conservation. Research on the two energy concepts!

Ok, Mr Rajput, I'm listening.
What is energy "efficient" & what is energy conservation?
Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by Exponental(m): 10:29pm On Apr 23, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
If I may ask, what do u do?
Or what re u into?
Just asking!
Stop being in the poverty realm. When Folorunso Alakija bought four G-wagons for her sons, did she ask specifically for a car with low fuel consumption? Thinking big is not a crime bro...

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:36pm On Apr 23, 2017
Exponental:

Stop being in the poverty realm. When Folorunso Alakija bought four G-wagons for her sons, did she ask specifically for a car with low fuel consumption? Thinking big is not a crime bro...
A blackman is alws a blackman
Alws thinks like the monkey they say he his

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by jeffjuliuS(m): 2:24pm On Apr 24, 2017
Since I met you on this platform you have never recommend, add, or contribute a solution, instead, you abuses others little efforts, always trying to run them down knowing that no human is perfect. My good friend why not you look at your dear self and change for the better. please try and be useful to others not running people down. I belief in the truth and the truth I have told you my friend. I will be glad to see you contribute solution from this day. I cherish you
dukeolumde:

Am not sure he knows the difference... undecided
Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by erico2k2(m): 7:33pm On Apr 24, 2017
Yarnvibes:
We all know Nigeria’s erratic fuel price situation – one moment it’s up and the next it’s down. The current removal of fuel subsidy has helped stabilize the price a bit, but it’s still on the high side compared to the low prices we once enjoyed. At this point, fuel efficient cars are more or less a blessing to Nigerians. Jumia Travel , the leading online travel agency shares 8 of the most fuel efficient cars to consider the next time you’re in the car market.

Hyundai Sonata
This is a comfortable ride with great rear-seat room. It’s affordable and has a sound and responsive handling. It has an estimated fuel economy rating is within the range of about 8.5 kilometers per liter to about 13.9 Km/L.

Toyota Camry
Regardless of your reservations about Toyota cars, one thing you have to admit is that they deliver most of what consumers want in a midsized car. It is comfortable to drive, cheaper and easier to maintain than other car brands. The Toyota Camry offers a kind of ‘no-fuss’ driving experience with sound handling and a roomy and comfortable interior that makes it a pleasant car to drive. Its estimated fuel economy within the range of about 9.8 Km/L to about 13.6 Km/L.

Mitsubishi Mirage
This is another affordable car with an inviting image of economy and thriftiness. However, the vehicle still deals with issues of sluggish acceleration, a not-so-good handling and a not so powerful engine. Nevertheless, the car is reasonably roomy, cheap and economical. Its estimated fuel economy within the range of about 11.2 Km/L to about 17.3 Km/L.

Toyota Rav4
This SUV provides a strong blend of fuel efficiency, comfort, roominess and reliability. It’s a great family car with sound handling, quiet with a commendable performance. It has an estimate fuel economy range of about 12.75 Km/L to about 15.73 Km/L.

Toyota Corolla
The Corolla provides a comfortable experience for drivers. It’s quiet and spacious with a secure and reasonably sound handling. It also has a roomy interior and one of the roomiest rear seats. Its estimated fuel economy range is from about 10.00 Km/L to about 13.7 Km/L.

Kia Forte
With a generous and comfortable interior room and an engine similar to Hyundai Elantra, the ride has a secure but not very agile handling. It’s also fairly absorbent, tending to feel a bit to tender when encountering sharp bumps, but it has a great engine with logically arranged controls. Its estimate fuel economy rating is within the range of about 10.7 Km/L to about 14.5 Km/L.

Mazda3
This is a fun to drive car with a perky handling and great engine. It is one of the most fuel efficient cars and offers some luxury features that are rare for compact cars in its category, although it’s not particularly as roomy as the others but it’s still very ok. Its estimated fuel economy range is from about 10.6 Km/L to about 13.9 Km/L.

Honda Civic
This car delivers great fuel economy, is comfortable with precise handling, a spacious interior but unfortunately not the most reliable car out there. It’s however capable and refined with a reasonably powerful engine. Its estimated fuel economy range is from about 12.3 Km/L to about 13.9 Km/L.

http://fabinfos.com/top-8-most-fuel-efficient-cars/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique
THis is waht happens when you copy and paste and have little idea how the Automobile world works.
i aint seen any car which is more economical than the VW polo 1.2 ltr Engine.listed above or the samrtfortwo which boast a 0.7 litre engine.

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by erico2k2(m): 7:37pm On Apr 24, 2017
T4kbaba:

If you don't have knowledge about energy you better keep quiet. There is what we call energy efficient and energy conservation. Research on the two energy concepts!
take it easy, that guy was right, we are not talking Energy which is the outcome of fuel, we are talking fuel here.

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by T4kbaba(m): 9:45pm On Apr 24, 2017
erico2k2:

take it easy, that guy was right, we are not talking Energy which is the outcome of fuel, we are talking fuel here.
Let me educate you on this and l will give you a layman example.Let assume that you and l are travelling from Lagos to Ibadan on different cars, your car used 10liters of PMS and mine used 20liters . This means your car is energy efficient compare to mine .Another example is somebody that is using 200watts bulb and another person with 28watts bulb.Both of them will achieve the same objective which is light, but 28watts bulb is energy efficient. Energy conservation is about avoiding waste of energy, for instance, if you are not using light especially in the morning, switch it off.Both concept talks about reduction in the use of energy and they are one of sustainable development goals. Have a nice night bro.

2 Likes

Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by erico2k2(m): 10:11pm On Apr 24, 2017
T4kbaba:

Let me educate you on this and l will give you a layman example.Let assume that you and l are travelling from Lagos to Ibadan on different cars, your car used 10liters of PMS and mine used 20liters . This means your car is energy efficient compare to mine .Another example is somebody that is using 200watts bulb and another person with 28watts bulb.Both of them will achieve the same objective which is light, but 28watts bulb is energy efficient. Energy conservation is about avoiding waste of energy, for instance, if you are not using light especially in the morning, switch it off.Both concept talks about reduction in the use of energy and they are one of sustainable development goals. Have a nice night bro.
Ok let me educate you further mayB not so in a lay mans term,
you gave two examples,
Light Bulb and car.
your car consumes X which is fuel
Light bulb on the other hand do not consume fuel it consumes Energy.
The term Energy efficient is never associated with cars but with Electric Bulb.
U can go down to basis, what the fuel for car and what the fuel for the light bulb.?
Back to JSS science, Fuel is anything that conbust to produce energy.
What do car produce at the End?
I bet by now you know the answer
How about light bulb, what does it produce? Energy, waht type?heat and light.
Now the only kind of energy produced by a car is Kinetic.,
So tell me whats the relationship btw Kinetic,heat and light Energy?

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by DaimlerBen(m): 11:24pm On Apr 24, 2017
T4kbaba:

Are you even a science student?
Where did you pluck your knowledge from?

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by erico2k2(m): 11:54pm On Apr 24, 2017
DaimlerBen:

Are you even a science student?
Where did you pluck your knowledge from?
he is trying to learn something new
Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by Stoicbaba(m): 7:47am On Apr 25, 2017
ZoneBslayer:

with all due respect, he is right and you are wrong... the elentra advert on CNN clearly pronounces it as "yawn-day"

Ok Sir
Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by DaimlerBen(m): 8:14pm On Apr 25, 2017
erico2k2:

he is trying to learn something new
If you don't have knowledge about energy you better keep quiet...
Let me educate you on this...
Does this sound like someone who wants to learn?
Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by erico2k2(m): 8:16pm On Apr 25, 2017
DaimlerBen:

Does this sound like someone who wants to learn?
My guy I tire sef these kids eh, wetin we go do? nah to continue to teach them ni #Car is Energy Efficient grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by DaimlerBen(m): 8:27pm On Apr 25, 2017
erico2k2:

My guy I tire sef these kids eh, wetin we go do? nah to continue to teach them ni #Car is Energy Efficient grin grin grin grin
He should pay school fees, education isn't free.

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by Partnerbiz2: 3:40pm On Jul 21, 2017
fridayomali:

MY BROTHER, MY PEUGEOT 406 IS JUST THE BEST. I DROVE FROM IKEJA, LAGOS WITH FULL AC WITH 70 LITERS FUEL. ON GETTING TO APO, ABUJA, I STILL HAD ABOVE QUATER TANK WHICH TRANSLATE TO LIKE 20-25 LITERS LEFT IN THE CAR. Peugeot 406 is just the best in fuel economy.

Manual or automatic bro?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help Radiator Fan Not Working ( Problem Solved ) / President Gurbanguly Berdymukhamedov Drives Around 'Gateway To Hell' / The All New Range Rover Velar – First Shot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.