Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

What Is The Purpose Of The Forbidden Tree In The Garden Of Eden? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Purpose Of The Forbidden Tree In The Garden Of Eden? (474 Views)

Muslim Woman Decorates Hayap, CAN Chairman’s House With Christmas Tree In Kaduna / The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri / Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Purpose Of The Forbidden Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by holuwajobar(m): 10:22am On Apr 23, 2017
Can sum1 tel me the purpose of d tree...assumin eve didnt eat d fruit,then wil d tree jez b there untouched...? Why did God created d tree coz God cnt actually put d tree in the garden to bring man down?....i nid xplanation
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Forbidden Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Epositive(m): 10:28am On Apr 23, 2017
nice question! i'll be back smiley
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Forbidden Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Smart41(m): 10:33am On Apr 23, 2017
hi
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Forbidden Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by ObasanjoQuotes: 10:40am On Apr 23, 2017
Op wait I'm thinking

Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Forbidden Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by hopefulLandlord: 10:42am On Apr 23, 2017
interesting question
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Forbidden Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by thesicilian: 11:13am On Apr 23, 2017
God created man and gave him freewill, the ability to choose for himself. The tree itself was just a test, to see how man would exercise that freewill, wether in obedience or disobedience. Like when a lecturer sets exams after detailed lectures...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Forbidden Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by holuwajobar(m): 11:15am On Apr 23, 2017
Epositive:
nice question! i'll be back smiley
am waitin
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Forbidden Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by johnydon22(m): 11:47am On Apr 23, 2017
to create a story twist so that the story can continue and bring up more plots.

Scribe 1 "haaaaay Abel, i am tired of this story, can't seem to figure out what next will happen"

Scribe 2 "Just throw in a very useless need for a test"

Scribe "exactly very correct" And God created a tree of good and evil which he wants nobody to eat which then makes it absolutely unnecessary and useless among all the trees in the garden.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Forbidden Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by frank317: 12:16pm On Apr 23, 2017
thesicilian:
God created man and gave him freewill, the ability to choose for himself. The tree itself was just a test, to see how man would exercise that freewill, wether in obedience or disobedience. Like when a lecturer sets exams after detailed lectures...

God who already knows man will fail decided to test man to see if man will fail ?

Please Tell me, does Yahweh have mental problem?
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Forbidden Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by obinna58(m): 12:19pm On Apr 23, 2017
thesicilian:
Testing when u already know the outcome huh
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Forbidden Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by thesicilian: 12:28pm On Apr 23, 2017
frank317:

God who already knows man will fail decided to test man to see if man will fail ?

Please Tell me, does Yahweh have mental problem?
Do have a nice day!
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Forbidden Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by holuwajobar(m): 12:39pm On Apr 23, 2017
I see dz as a matter of choice... God put d tree in d garden fr man to choose btw life and death... Dis is based on choice.... Fr example, we all knw d consequence of sin is unbearable buh sumpple chose to sin..why? Coz of choice.... eve knew d consequence of eatin d fruit.... Satan tld her dat if she eat frm d fruit, she wil b as wise as God... She wanted to b as wise as God datz y she ate d fruit.... She made her choice.... Satan also was sent down frm heaven coz he wanted to equate himsef wit God... U wil notice dat some angels were also sent down wit satan..they made their choices.... So in a notchet, everytin was based on Choice... Choose wisely...life or death!
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Forbidden Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by kufre2010: 6:33pm On Apr 23, 2017
Papa God abeg if the pastor is guilty punish him well well except he confess and plead for forgiveness but if he is being accused wrongly, vindicate him and punish his accusers

(1) (Reply)

Daily Devotionals Package [UPDATED] / Assisted Suicide: What Happens To The Soul After Death? / Anti-muslim Rallies Across America Denounced By Civil Rights Groups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.