Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

A Question For Both Christians And Muslims. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question For Both Christians And Muslims. (269 Views)

NYSC Camp Experience 4 Both Christians And Muslims / Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq / A Question From Seun To Atheists, Christians And Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Question For Both Christians And Muslims. by Fongido(m): 12:45pm On Apr 23, 2017
QUESTION OF THE DAY

Would you be Christian if you were not born into it?

What if you were not born Muslim?

Is God Unfair to Those Raised in Other Faiths?

At times you'll hear NO.. if I wasn't born Christian I would've become one. I would've looked into Christianity, and found that it made more sense, then I would've converted. Well, I highly doubt this statement is true. The point is: we believe in whatever religion we're born into. You have no choice in the matter. I don't think that one should disregard other religions just because it's somebody else's.
I believe that because you were raised Muslim, you will likely identify with Islam and the Muslim community your entire life.
This is what you have been taught, how you have been indoctrinated since birth, and I would assume most all of your social connections, both family and friends, would also have the same Muslim beliefs and lifestyle.
The same would be true in most cases if you were raised in a strict (or even not so strict) Christian Family.
Generally, one will identify and feel most comfortable with the values and traditions with which they were raised during their formative years.

For people to say that if you were not born Christian you would automatically convert is a completely blank and ignorant statement. My question is for those people, how would you convert so quickly if you were either never exposed, or truly believed that Islam is wrong and Christianity was right.

Your Religion Is a Reflection of Your Culture. You’d be a Muslim if you were born in Pakistan (or Saudi Arabia or Iran or in any other overwhelmingly Muslim country).
As a Christian I always get upset when fellow Christians condemn Muslims. Thinking they're going to hell.
As an innocent child, you had no choice, you found yourself in a Muslim family.
Why did God send you there knowing it won't be easy for you to deviate from it and those practicing it are heading to eternal damnation.

You can clear my doubts. It's welcome
Re: A Question For Both Christians And Muslims. by Heavance(m): 12:56pm On Apr 23, 2017
A very sensible post in my opinion, and I love the fact I don't have to click "I accept Jesus Christ as the lord and saviour" to comment.
We all simply follow the religion of our parents from birth, but those who converted will have more to add on this topic.
Re: A Question For Both Christians And Muslims. by zionmade(m): 1:20pm On Apr 23, 2017
Dat is where u answer for d sins of ur parents because they chose their religion.
Most people in other religion know d truth but they value their lives more dan they value d truth.
Re: A Question For Both Christians And Muslims. by annunaki2(m): 1:37pm On Apr 23, 2017
But large numbers of muslims who are getting to know the truth about Islam are rejecting the religion and converting to Christianity all over the world.

(1) (Reply)

Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot! / A Wake Up Call To Husbands- Part 4 / Do People Longer Get Moved By Mobile Preachers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.