Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,762 members, 7,820,651 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Why Husbands Die Before Their Wives - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Husbands Die Before Their Wives (867 Views)

Why Do Men Lose Interest In Their Wives After Few Years In Marriage? / Husbands Urged To Do This For Their Wives So Their Marriage Could Work. Photos / Nigerian Couple Show Why Husbands Should Help Their Wives At Home. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Husbands Die Before Their Wives by seyi360(m): 1:44pm On Apr 23, 2017
Its glaring for all and sundry that more husbands die before their wives. In fact, its naturally expected that the husband should bite the dust of death before his wife . And its beginning to look like one of those laws of nature. People are quick to label as "strange" when it's the wife that passes on ahead of the husband . I really don't know which side of the divide is more appropriate.

Below are some reasons I think is responsible for this

(1) Men marry younger women -

From time immemorial, a man preferred to marry a much younger woman. Even now, the trend is still generally considered as the natural order. Age is considered vital when the subject of submission is raised, even more within the context of marriage. It is said that a woman is more likely to submit to a husband older than her. Since the older is expected to die before the younger, this implies that the husband should anticipate death before his wife.

(2) Men risk their lives to feed the family -

The primary responsibility of the husband is to cater for his family's welfare. In the process of looking for bread, he is exposed to numerous hazards. Have you noticed that women are hardly the targets of assassins, men are mostly the victims. These are some of the hazards men face while transacting high profile businesses and negotiations. A man's life is not exactly far from death. Though women also face a lot of risk today as breadwinners.

(3) Some women don't take care of their husbands -

When a woman denies her husband a good and balanced meal, suffocates him by her unending nagging , disrespects the man and gives him no real reason to be happy, she's gradually pushing her husband to the grave

(4) Some women deliberately kill their husbands-

A man's wife is in the best position to kill him. Disputes over property allocation via a will, adultery and other domestic issues may prompt a wife to decide to terminate her husband's life.
I pray that you will not marry a killer wife. And for the married, may your wife not develop killing tendencies.

By and large, death is inevitable for the husband, wife and the children who will grow to become husbands and wives in the future.
Of more importance than death is what happens to the deceased and bereaved after death, because honestly, anyone can kick the bucket first.
Re: Why Husbands Die Before Their Wives by Buharimustgo: 1:50pm On Apr 23, 2017
You said it all

1 Like

Re: Why Husbands Die Before Their Wives by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 23, 2017
Some men die from accidents just like women,sickness...others are killed by their wickedness angry.

1)That's plausible

2)Women also risk their lives giving birth everyday. Do you know the maternal mortality rate in Nigeria?The plenty cancers?
They also risk their lives working.

3)Some men don't take care of their wives too. Everyday, different thread on side chick confronting madam. When they get old and down with sickness, they will expect same woman they subjected to ridicule to be pressing their body with hot water. Treat your wives well o, some are just waiting for you to get old and helpless. If you treat her well and she remains a wicked witch, pursue am! Marriage no be do or die!

4)Any woman that kills her husband is a wicked witch. What of the men that beat their wives? Domestic abuse everywhere, if that's not a deliberate attempt to kill her, I don't know what is. Let's not add the emotional abuse lots of women go through, that one leads to depression and can kill.

In all, I have noticed that most elderly men around me have one illness or the other. Most times due to their reckless lifestyles (alcohol, drugs, smoking) when they were young with money to throw around...Live well in your youth and may we all marry good people that will remove point 2-4 from our list.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Husbands Die Before Their Wives by Fadamant: 4:47pm On Apr 23, 2017
Numbers 1 and 2 of the reasons above are valid. Numbers 3 and 4 are not, because they hold true for both sexes.

Truth is medical science has not been able to say the exact reason wives outlive their husbands, but just narrowed it down to certain social conditions, which includes the 1 and 2 of op's points and these:

1. Men commit suicide more than women. Women suffer more from depression but men kill themselves more as a result of depression

2. Men do more dangerous jobs than women. Most people who do jobs that put their lives at direct risk of death are men. Just look at soldiers and confirm.

3. Men avoid the doctors. They don't seek medical attention on time when they fall sick. They try to endure the pain of their illness untill it is unbearable or even late.

4. Men are less socially connected than women. The level of your social interactions are a pointer to how long you might live.

5. Men are bigger in size in most cases. There is no particular explanation for this, but in evolution, the bigger animals die before the smaller ones.

6. Men suffer more from heart diseases than women. More men will die from heart disease than their wives.

7. Finally, scientists believe that the loss of Y chromosomes in men in old age, makes men vulnerable to developing many death causing diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, cancers, etc., because the immune system becomes very week as a result.

For me, what we eat and our lifestyles when we are young are very good and big determinants of how our healths will be when we grow old. As an Australian saying goes, What You Eat Today, Walks And Talks Tomorrow.

(1) (Reply)

My Addictions Are Getting The Best Part Of Me - HELP / Is 700k Enough For A Wedding Introduction And Traditional Marriage In Nigeria / Boy Drowns After Father Left Him In Bathtub To Argue With Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.