Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story (8251 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / Cocoa, Cashew And Coffee Improved Seedlings For Sale / International Price Of Cocoa Beans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Nobody: 1:17am On Dec 20, 2017
JBoy9:
Finally,

The equity contribution part was not a problem. However, I approached my state (Ondo State) Commissioner of Agriculture to see how we can get the expanse of land needed for the project. I made him see the benefits e.g job creation of over 250 people, IGR, Export Rebate, FX income etc.

You know what he said..............Abeg make I no air my state dirty linen on Naira land. That's how me I jejelly carried my fund and went into other business. This was a project that by the time we harvest the plantain alone, it would have repaid almost half of our indebtedness to the bank within the first one year o.

U see, part of the problem here is our own doing. Well, i haven't given up just yet. God's willing, I hope to achieve this dream before I clock 40. I have a couple of years left though.
what other business did you eventually do sir?
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by inspirational93: 2:55pm On Dec 20, 2017
Newway2:
Are you an educated farmer?

Can you guarantee yourself regular income in your old age when you leave farming?

Are you thinking of agric pension?

Are you over 40yrs?

Then, join the New Cocoa Farmers Forum where we discuss how cocoa can give you pension in your old age

We shall rub minds on how we can mutually & collectively take our vocation: agriculture & farming a notch higher than our fathers.

Every educated & practicing farmer shld endavour to prepare 4 (farming/agric) retirement by planting "COCOA".
Have you heard this? Many Nigerian exporters have been defrauded of huge amount of money in the process of exporting commodities to foreign countries. Do you know why? They were not trained on export operations, management, documentations and the best methods of payment in export trade. This is terrible!!! Nigerians cannot continue to lose money to foreigners in the course of export business. Exporters, why don’t you get a practical manual that teaches the stages of export trade from processing and packaging of commodities to receipt of payment by the foreign buyers. It teaches export operations, export management, export documentations and methods of payment in export trade? It is a contemporary step-by-step guide to export trade. It tells all the contemporary dynamics in export trade. To get it, click on the link below:
http://www.tectono-business.com/2016/02/contemporary-step-by-step-guide-to.html
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Newway2(m): 11:21am On Nov 25, 2018
https://www.instagram.com/p/BqmP_IZH0i_/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=5srdokwkzjwa

Our desire to create cash crops hubs (CCHubs) in different geopolitical zones of Nigeria took us on a sojourn to Iyanomo village (Ovian East LG) in Edo state.

The cocoa pods pix in the accompanying picture is a sample of cocoa harvest from the village without use of any chemical fertilizer.

We had a very fruitful discussions with the elders & youths representative of the village & they are ready to accommodate us by earmarking 1,000 acres of virgin tropical rain forest for our CCHub project.

The villagers grow cocoa, oil-palm & banana/plantain in commercially.

The advantages of this location are:

✔️Accommodating host
✔️Cheap farmland
✔️Cheap labour
✔️No theft (nobody steals farm produce in this village)
✔️Easy accessibility directly on Benin-Lagos expressway (40 min drive from Ring road, Benin)

The site shall be one of our CCHub-Cocoa (CocoaVillage) & oil-palm.

If you are a farmer from Edo state & you plan to retire back home, this location is very good.

Let's farm together & may God bless our hustles.

*Pinfarm /CocoaMaster - 08063249457*

Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by scorpio1(m): 12:40pm On Nov 25, 2018
Is this project still on and do you have any CCHub in the SouthEast yet?
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Nobody: 2:03am On Nov 26, 2018
Delgi:

Raingun is a no go as per BPD, But Spray tube might/should be a cheaper alternative (even though fertigation will not be possible) and will result in extra weeding cost. The long and short of it is to make a cost analysis and go for the best.
@Delgi, You can install drips gradually or you may choose to lay a water pipeline that transverse the farm with points here and there. You can do hose watering during the early years and subsequently during dry season.
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by kunleweb: 1:10pm On Dec 10, 2018
Newway2:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqmP_IZH0i_/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=5srdokwkzjwa

Our desire to create cash crops hubs (CCHubs) in different geopolitical zones of Nigeria took us on a sojourn to Iyanomo village (Ovian East LG) in Edo state.

The cocoa pods pix in the accompanying picture is a sample of cocoa harvest from the village without use of any chemical fertilizer.

We had a very fruitful discussions with the elders & youths representative of the village & they are ready to accommodate us by earmarking 1,000 acres of virgin tropical rain forest for our CCHub project.

The villagers grow cocoa, oil-palm & banana/plantain in commercially.

The advantages of this location are:

✔️Accommodating host
✔️Cheap farmland
✔️Cheap labour
✔️No theft (nobody steals farm produce in this village)
✔️Easy accessibility directly on Benin-Lagos expressway (40 min drive from Ring road, Benin)

The site shall be one of our CCHub-Cocoa (CocoaVillage) & oil-palm.

If you are a farmer from Edo state & you plan to retire back home, this location is very good.

Let's farm together & may God bless our hustles.

*Pinfarm /CocoaMaster - 08063249457*

Cool
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Newway2(m): 4:50pm On Feb 19, 2019
scorpio1:
Is this project still on and do you have any CCHub in the SouthEast yet?

Project still on. No CCHub in SE yet.

We will appreciate if you can link us with suitable farmland in SE.

Thank you
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by scorpio1(m): 12:48am On Jul 28, 2019
Newway2:

Project still on. No CCHub in SE yet.

We will appreciate if you can link us with suitable farmland in SE.

Thank you
Hello @newway2, can we talk privately, I have a lot of positives for this.
Thank you
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Botanistbbb: 10:36am On Jul 29, 2019
Our leaders in this Wonderful Country are just dumb and stupid.........looking forward to a better Nigeria.
Thanks Op
Agriculture is the way
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by bizzibodi(m): 5:13pm On Jul 29, 2019
Can cocoa grow in benue?
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Newway2(m): 10:52pm On Jul 29, 2019
scorpio1:
Hello @newway2, can we talk privately, I have a lot of positives for this. Thank you
Yes, we can.
You can whatsapp or call me on
0-8-0-6---3-2-4--9-4-5-7
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Newway2(m): 10:56pm On Jul 29, 2019
Botanistbbb:
Our leaders in this Wonderful Country are just dumb and stupid.........looking forward to a better Nigeria.
Thanks Op
Agriculture is the way

The crop of leaders that took over from Nigerian foremost leaders are nothing but buccaneers.
They were only interested in sharing & amassing wealth from Nigeria resources without commensurate infrastructural development.

Reason we are where we are
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Newway2(m): 10:58pm On Jul 29, 2019
bizzibodi:
Can cocoa grow in benue?
I saw a few stands of cocoa in Benue when I visited 2 months ago.
But, I can confirm that commercial cocoa grows in some part of Taraba state
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Theophinio(m): 3:27pm On May 13, 2021
@Newway2
I must surely be part of this great project
Not yet ready
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Theophinio(m): 11:07pm On May 13, 2021
Sir, are you into export of the grounded cocoa
I must venture into Oil Palm and Cocoa industry
Am working on Oil Palm now
I will love those into exporting of cocoa powder to put me through
Thank you sir
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by SanctifiedSista(f): 7:35am On Jun 22, 2021
All I know is that if u have to sell in metric tonnes, let me know..customers yapa
1. Maize
2. Soybean
3. Sesame seed
4.cocoa
5. Sorghum
6. Palm Kernel
7. Rice Paddy
8. Cassava
9. Hibiscus
10. Cashew

U also want to buy..DM me now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

@-{-{--AGRIC Empowerment For ONE Blessed Winner - {Application CLOSED} / If You Are In Need Of Farm Land In Ibadan / Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.