Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Scared Of Ladies That Earn More? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Scared Of Ladies That Earn More? (967 Views)

I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister / Scared Of Remaining Single / Why Men Scared Of Getting Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scared Of Ladies That Earn More? by InformedLola(f): 4:41pm On Apr 23, 2017
A lady asked this question on Sprocial, guys is this true?...

Guys, are you scared of ladies that earn more?

This is a question that has been eating into my thoughts for some weeks now.

Met someone here and we got along pretty nicely and got quite close. So we decided to meet physically.

Got a shocker when after our date he told me we can't be more than friends. That from my lifestyle he can see I earn quite a good deal, far more than him and he can't date a woman who earns more than he does.

What In this century? What a shocking mindset!

It got me thinking and wondering if this a general thought with guys, hence my asking here.

Look forward to your answers, fellows.
Re: Scared Of Ladies That Earn More? by dingbang(m): 5:03pm On Apr 23, 2017
A guy never says dat!

1 Like

Re: Scared Of Ladies That Earn More? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 23, 2017
dingbang:
A guy never says dat!

He must think we're fools. The aim of the post was just to advertise the dating site mentioned. You can check his profile . . I'm pretty sure he's just hiding under the fake ID to promote the site. Cockroach brain undecided
Re: Scared Of Ladies That Earn More? by InformedLola(f): 6:20pm On Apr 23, 2017
blackberlin:

He must think we're fools. The aim of the post was just to advertise the dating site mentioned. You can check his profile . . I'm pretty sure he's just hiding under the fake ID to promote the site. Cockroach brain undecided

What fake ID are you referring to, mister? Don't be in a hurry to jump into conclusions. I have never 'hidden' to promote the said site, I do it very openly.

Now run along, this is all the attention you are getting.

1 Like

Re: Scared Of Ladies That Earn More? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 23, 2017
InformedLola:

What fake ID are you referring to, mister? Don't be in a hurry to jump into conclusions. I have never 'hidden' to promote the said site, I do it very openly.

Now run along, this is all the attention you are getting.

I ain't got time for you...
Re: Scared Of Ladies That Earn More? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 23, 2017
Some are and a common problem they have with women who are successful/and or earn more than them are the traits that tend to come with it. Successful women tend to be more self confident, self assured, independent, assertive, emotionally stable, self sufficient etc than average and they can find this intimidating because she's less likely to be as easily controlled.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scared Of Ladies That Earn More? by Tracypacy(f): 4:27pm On Nov 23, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Some are and a common problem they have with women who are successful/and or earn more than them are the traits that tend to come with it. Successful women tend to be more self confident, self assured, independent, assertive, emotionally stable, self sufficient etc than average and they can find this intimidating because she's less likely to be as easily controlled.
Re: Scared Of Ladies That Earn More? by Mjsod: 10:37am On Jan 02, 2018
For a fact, many men are. I don't have a statistical figure, but I know this because I met people with the notion in my psychology internship days. Traditionally, only the royals & elite cope with women of better class. Many others see it as taboo. I see it as ignorance. Yes, they have their reasons. But, relationship is filled with compromise. It is unsecure men that feel threatened, might be due to the woman's pride and ego tho.
In the end, we all have our "buts". Mine is I can be in lust, many do. But the moment I genuinely like someone, I take my time before acting rash (asking out)...partly coz i'm kinda a sapio and weirdo. We can be close ehn, but dating may not be for me...kinda shy/not made for that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scared Of Ladies That Earn More? by Nobody: 11:13am On Jan 02, 2018
Yes. Definitely yes. Most are. They'd rather complain of their women nagging them for money. They're insecure and have the mentality that money is what makes them a man. Succesful women tend to be confident. They don't have a problem in walking away when treated like thrash. A nightmare to most NAIRALAND men

But never ever stoop down low to make yourself more desirable. Never lower your standard. Doing that doesn't give room for the men you really deserve

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Couple’s Nearly Nude Pregnancy Photos Gets Mixed Reactions – Check It Out / In Marriage U Must Be Careful With Advice U Receives From Friends / 14 Irrelevant Things To Immediately Stop Giving A Damn About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.