Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,939 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Why Men Scared Of Getting Married - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Men Scared Of Getting Married (21172 Views)

I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister / Nigerian Lady Dies One Month After Getting Married To Her Heartthrob. Photos / Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by Nairalandsss(m): 12:13am On Jul 28, 2017
[b]Marriage is one of the most important event in an individual’s life. Marriages are said to be destined from the heavens. The advent of a supposedly golden period in one’s life is expected give birth to feelings of positive anticipation. This holds true though for most women.Women are said to be difficult to understand. But the same seems to be true for the guys. Have we ever pondered enough on why are guys so scared of marriage? Is it that they wish to remain their mamma’s boys? Is it plain immaturity that he doesn’t wish to start handling responsibility?

While we start delving on the reasons why guys are so scared of marriage, we should also keep in mind the patriarchal set-up of most of our societies. This is where these guys have to become men and start fending for both themselves and their families. With the changes in the dynamics of families due to women becoming earning members of the families, guys have started becoming less scared of marriage. This is because of the wife sharing with him his responsibilities and making him more secure.Here are some reasons why men scared of getting married
.[/b]

Reasons behind men scared of getting married are:

1.The wedding and honeymoon: His father is no longer ready to bankroll his wedding. The way weddings in India are, this is enough to give him the nightmares. He may earn enough for a living. But what about that European honeymoon his lady is expecting from him? This might just explain why guys are so afraid of getting married.

2.Bad experiences with partners: He did enter into a relationship earlier and had dreamt of a golden life with his partner. But things did not work out and resulted in a nasty break-up. Now he is plain scared of marriage. Cannot blame him though.

3.Afraid of kids: One of the reasons behind the guys being so scared of marriage lies in the frightening aspect of losing sleep over diapers! Strange but true. The women of today expect him to play an equal role in parenting. This is where he gets those hiccoughs.

4.A nasty mother: Sounds ridiculous right? You have seen how your mother treats your sister-in-law and this has led to your brother’s divorce with his wife of three years. Enough to scare you into deciding not to bring another lady into your home.

These are the reasons behind men scared of getting married

Mynd44 lalasticlala.

http://www.naijabroad.com/men-scared-getting-married/

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by Nobody: 12:46am On Jul 28, 2017

The only a reason a man gets scared of marriage is because he's a coward who cannot face the reality of life, the reality of having his own family and taking care of them, he would rather no one be dependent on him. The biggest excuse of Nigerian men on why are not yet ready for marriage is 'No money' as if you need all the money in the world to get married.

Sadly marriage is overrated and done to please the society and parents, As a man never propose because of pressure and as a woman never accept a proposal because of pressure, marry someone who makes you happy, who you connect with not just on a sexual level, Marry someone who you know is going to make your life easier.

Finally, FTC WAWU, been a long time I got this spot, I want to dedicate this ftc to my very special Nairalander, I miss you everyday, I miss spending time with you, I miss the incredible orgasm and lastly I wish you would stop being a coward and just do it.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by bbsteve(m): 6:28am On Jul 28, 2017
The only thing that will make a man be scared is just finance.

17 Likes

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by Emmaacosmos(m): 6:28am On Jul 28, 2017
I was this close to comment first ...

4 Likes

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by Atiku2019: 6:29am On Jul 28, 2017
We Aren't scared of getting Married.

1) The cost of Weddings in Nigeria is on the high side

2) The economy is so bad that now youths at 30 ain't working, do you expect them to get married without a job?

Full Restructuring 2019

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by veacea: 6:29am On Jul 28, 2017
Today na relationship for NL
Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by Nobody: 6:30am On Jul 28, 2017
Economic crisis? Chameleonic character in some ladies?

15 Likes

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by Nobody: 6:30am On Jul 28, 2017
Ok
Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by mikejj(m): 6:31am On Jul 28, 2017
;Dthis guy you don't know money is the main reason huh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by modupeleke(f): 6:31am On Jul 28, 2017
Eyah.
Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by Tmex(m): 6:31am On Jul 28, 2017
?
Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by bigsmoke2(m): 6:32am On Jul 28, 2017
HARSH ECONOMIC SITUATION IN THE COUNTRY

5 Likes

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by Amplikane: 6:33am On Jul 28, 2017
There is nothing to be afraid of.just calm your mind and put your faith in God

4 Likes

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by sanandreas(m): 6:33am On Jul 28, 2017
Men are not scared of marriage. Most of the youths at the moment are underemployed. Imagine a graduate earning less than $100, how can he cope with the rising cost of living? Mariage is not an event.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by balash(m): 6:34am On Jul 28, 2017
How many time them want post this nonsense on Nairaland
Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by donestk(m): 6:35am On Jul 28, 2017
Pls how do I get ur contact so we have a private chat

Nma27:
Economic crisis? Chameleonic character in some ladies?
Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by BreezyCB(m): 6:35am On Jul 28, 2017
No money

4 Likes

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by zlantanfan: 6:35am On Jul 28, 2017
Atiku2019:
We Aren't scared of getting Married.

1) The cost of Weddings in Nigeria is on the high side

2) The economy is so bad that now youths at 30 ain't working, do you expect them to get married without a job?

Full Restructuring 2019
g

2 Likes

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by NothingDoMe: 6:36am On Jul 28, 2017
balash:
How many time them want post this nonsense on Nairaland
I tire oh.
Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by Obaf1(m): 6:36am On Jul 28, 2017
Marriage ke, well maybe an another world sha,

2 Likes

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by Nobody: 6:36am On Jul 28, 2017
They are scared because they don't know between Simi, Amina, Chioma who they really want to settle with and finally they would even involve innocent Bisola

10 Likes

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by Sunymoore(m): 6:36am On Jul 28, 2017
Fear of the unknown.

5 Likes

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by Lojekunle: 6:38am On Jul 28, 2017
Money does it all..

2 Likes

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by bayocanny: 6:39am On Jul 28, 2017
Cheating, recession

1 Like

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by bayocanny: 6:40am On Jul 28, 2017
Benignasweety:
They are scared because they don't know between Simi, Amina, Chioma who they really want to settle with and finally they would even involve innocent Bisola
You assertion above is wrong

5 Likes

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 28, 2017
Hoes everywhere

5 Likes

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by Nobody: 6:44am On Jul 28, 2017
Evaberry:

The only a reason a man gets scared of marriage is because he's a coward who cannot face the reality of life, the reality of having his own family and taking care of them, he would rather no one be dependent on him. The biggest excuse of Nigerian men on why are not yet ready for marriage is 'No money' as if you need all the money in the world to get married.

Sadly marriage is overrated and done to please the society and parents, As a man never propose because of pressure and as a woman never accept a proposal because of pressure, marry someone who makes you happy, who you connect with not just on a sexual level, Marry someone who you know is going to make your life easier.

Finally, FTC WAWU, been a long time I got this spot, I want to dedicate this ftc to my very special Nairalander, I miss you everyday, I miss spending time with you, I miss the incredible orgasm and lastly I wish you would stop being a coward and just do it.

na your type der poison your husband..

what a nasty comment (especially the first line).

you need orientation ma'am

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by ITbomb(m): 6:45am On Jul 28, 2017
Only club girls are afraid of not getting the attention of other men cos of marriage

5 Likes

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by Nobody: 6:45am On Jul 28, 2017
Benignasweety:
I am scared of marriage simply coz I haven't got emotional and financial stability just yet and I am sure it's same for a lot of us upcoming young men

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by theophorus(m): 6:45am On Jul 28, 2017
In my opinion Guy's are not scared of Marriage...

These are some of the reasons guys are not getting married...

1. You can get Sex without any commitment.

2. Premarital is now a norm.

3. Women have turn themselves to Sex object and not Mothers anymore.

4. Baby Daddy is the trending thing.

5. Love is not Sold to the Highest bidder.

6. There are no-jobs with Financial Security.

7. Men and Women don't know what Marriage means anymore.

8. We are all Selfish.

NB: Money is Very important but definitely not the Most important Thing.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by eberetos: 6:46am On Jul 28, 2017
Ladies have sex around & we are scared that they can't stay with one man.....The cheating rate is getting high... In this world where a woman will be on phone having sex with another guy & may be speaking to fiancee same time.... ...in this world where ladies will have sex with ex few days to wedding......in this world where DNA fails.....In this world where if you don't have much money, love becomes an issue.......In this world where ladies have opened legs for many guys & cant stay with just one joystick.....Fear!!!! Its not just a fear of committment, but fear of cheating....

40 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by Nobody: 6:48am On Jul 28, 2017
The only Reason why Men fear marriage is because they think they're Man enough yet but not knowing that the case is vers-versa. but come to think of it, Marriage comes from God. It's a blessing and not just ordinary.

It's a Divine call

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Fakes His Career For 14 Years To Wife, Goes To Another Woman's House / Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? / Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.