Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Dreamweaver Does Not Open On My Laptop - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Dreamweaver Does Not Open On My Laptop (875 Views)

How To Insert A Flash Intro Page In Dreamweaver-help Needed / Creating Complex / Advanced Search Forms With Sql Queries In Dreamweaver / Help! Implementing A Horizontal Looper With Dreamweaver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dreamweaver Does Not Open On My Laptop by wealthce0: 7:34pm On Jan 04, 2010
Hello webmasters

I have been using dreamweaver and frontpage 2003 on my laptop but recently if i open dreamweaver, it pops up as if to open but suddenly disappears. I have uninstall, install and repair several times but still the same thing. Flash and fireworks open very well.

Pls what do i do, frontpage is not proper to design website
Re: Dreamweaver Does Not Open On My Laptop by DualCore1: 7:59pm On Jan 04, 2010
In every eff up in life there's a kinda blessing.
I see this as a blessing, a chance for you to explore your coding potentials. smiley
Make 2010 your year of coding things right.

Well if you are bent on using DW, then this may help.
Uninstall it, delete the residual files it leaves behind in the location it was installed (mostly, c:\program file\macromedia\. . . . . .)
Search and delete every instance of DW in your registry.

Then do a fresh installation. I think you should use DW CS4.
Re: Dreamweaver Does Not Open On My Laptop by yawatide(f): 8:01pm On Jan 04, 2010
I see this as a blessing, a chance for you to explore your coding potentials. Smiley
Make 2010 your year of coding things right.

I think you should use DW CS4.

huh? tongue
Re: Dreamweaver Does Not Open On My Laptop by DualCore1: 9:36pm On Jan 04, 2010
erm. . . na multiple choices i give am naw undecided
Re: Dreamweaver Does Not Open On My Laptop by Nobody: 3:47am On Jan 05, 2010
@ POSTER PLEASE SONT SAY MS FRONTPAGE IS NOT GOOD FOR DESIGNING WEBSITE AGAIN PLEASE TELL ME ANY WEBSITE IN THE WORLD THAT MS FRONTPAGE CAN"T DO YOU SAY THIS BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW WELL ABOUT IT
Re: Dreamweaver Does Not Open On My Laptop by DualCore1: 7:56am On Jan 05, 2010
hmmm, i comment my reserve. its so early and i'm not firing on both cores . . .yet
Re: Dreamweaver Does Not Open On My Laptop by wealthce0: 10:46am On Jan 05, 2010
Well is not really that i dont use frontpage but you know dreamweaver is more advanced. I will try to uninstall and remove all the file to see what you mean.
Re: Dreamweaver Does Not Open On My Laptop by yawatide(f): 11:33am On Jan 05, 2010
Can you, technically, develop any website of any scope on frontpage? Yes

Does it give you the control you really need as a developer? No

Does it, technically, cut down on development time, as it helps you by setting up things that would have taken up time? Yes

Does it "hide" things from you and "keep certain things a secret", things that you as a developer should otherwise know like the back of your hand? Yes

So, it depends. I could go on and on but like Dual, as at the time of this writing, I am not yet firing on all 4 cylinders. Bottomline, my opinion is that you should steer clear of such WYSIWYGs until you have the foundation down pat. Once you do that, if you like use the software that responds to your voice. Why? Because if you have problems, you want to be able to know what it is as opposed to spamming boards due to a lack of basic knowledge cool

Perhaps this too should be a topic for the web conference. By last count, so that no one says I am not contributing my part, I have contributed at least 3 topics tongue
Re: Dreamweaver Does Not Open On My Laptop by wealthce0: 2:26pm On Jan 06, 2010
I have uninstall and delete all files relating to dreamweaver alone and restarted my laptop but the problem is the same
Re: Dreamweaver Does Not Open On My Laptop by DualCore1: 2:51pm On Jan 06, 2010
Time to hand code.
Re: Dreamweaver Does Not Open On My Laptop by yawatide(f): 4:01pm On Jan 06, 2010
Yep, in the time it would have taken you to install, uninstall, post on nairaland, wait for a response, follow instructions from nairaland only for it to fail again, then post again, I bet you, you would have hand coded at least 2 sites in that time.

Let us all remember that it is more important to make our businesses work for us, not the other way around. Time is precious. This issue should definitely be a topic covered at the web conference.
Re: Dreamweaver Does Not Open On My Laptop by wealthce0: 6:21pm On Jan 06, 2010
so what do i do now?
Re: Dreamweaver Does Not Open On My Laptop by yawatide(f): 6:34pm On Jan 06, 2010
refer to post #9. I would strongly consider looking at note pad, assuming you can't find another text editor. Time is money. The clock is ticking.

(1) (Reply)

Awesome Front-End Designer wants to Collaborate with Cool Backend Developers. / Is Google Still Accepting Nigerians Into Their Adsense Program? / Webmasters Pls Any Idea On How I Can Get Gucci.com Slider ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.