Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,904 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) (38350 Views)

100 Italian Doctors Have Died Of Coronavirus / 4 Nigerians Who Have Died Of Coronavirus (photos) / Brazilian Baby Thought To Have Died Survives After Being Buried Alive For 8 Hour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) by Amarabae(f): 9:54am On Apr 24, 2017
Quota system trained doctor.
Re: Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) by Oblitz(m): 9:54am On Apr 24, 2017
quack doctor
Re: Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) by smith666999(m): 9:55am On Apr 24, 2017
sorry little one, this is the kind of country we all have been living in with Buhari before u.

God will surely comfort you!
Re: Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) by Elle277(f): 9:55am On Apr 24, 2017
All this bad bad stories..wth
Re: Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 24, 2017
what nonsense...... i feel like slapping the hell outa that quack hospital and doctors. imagine a beautiful and innocent child like this, no wonder our politicians prefer London, U.S, Germany and India for proper medical care
our medical practitioners here in naija are 70% responsible for overseas treatment.
what a painful story!
Re: Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) by dtruth50: 10:00am On Apr 24, 2017
SweetJoystick:
This isn't disturbing
guy mayb u are familiar with seein amputate hand
Re: Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) by olowo1234567(m): 10:02am On Apr 24, 2017
im not sure if this man is a qualified Doctor, he must learn his lesson rubbish
Re: Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) by YelloweWest: 10:03am On Apr 24, 2017
Just imagine!

Nigerian doctors... chai. This man must be a quack.
Re: Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) by olusola200: 10:05am On Apr 24, 2017
The kind of doctor we have this days are just like our Senate president Dr bukola saraki

1 Like

Re: Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) by yemiprogress(m): 10:05am On Apr 24, 2017
...crying for this innocent bab
Re: Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) by ahamonyeka(m): 10:05am On Apr 24, 2017
Why would the doctor amputate the hand at first place?if the baby was dead he should have removed the baby outrightly rather than amputating the baby's hand or does he what does he want to do with the hand?
Re: Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) by Shitface(m): 10:07am On Apr 24, 2017
DollarAngel:
Nigeria Doctors are shitts, high level of gross incompetence, sue the doctor's generation
which kin Nigerian Doctors, the doctor in question was a quack, that doesn't apply to the many doctors that are in Nigeria, u guys should stop this disrespect to your doctors, most people will leave qualified doctors and meet all this roadside doctors and midwives who answer DOCTOR, only for their quackery to be revealed and they come to NL and scream NIGERIAN DOCTORS!!!

4 Likes

Re: Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) by czarr(m): 10:08am On Apr 24, 2017
He Wee now now say it was a miracle grin,dat the baby came bk to life after the amputation!and he saw Jesus is coming soon briefly inside the hand grin
Re: Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) by DollarAngel(m): 10:10am On Apr 24, 2017
Shitface:
which kin Nigerian Doctors, the doctor in question was a quack, that doesn't apply to the many doctors that are in Nigeria, u guys should stop this disrespect to your doctors, most people will leave qualified doctors and meet all this roadside doctors and midwives who answer DOCTOR, only for their quackery to be revealed and they come to NL and scream NIGERIAN DOCTORS!!!

Only 20% of Nigeria doctors know what they are doing the rest are try and luck thanks to antibiotics that does most of the job for them
Re: Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) by 0b10010011: 10:12am On Apr 24, 2017
Now I know why people dole out over $15,000 just to birth outside the country.

We mostly kill people here an if u lucky to survive it, your life will never remain the same.

Medicals is wack!
Re: Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) by delishpot: 10:14am On Apr 24, 2017
The man and the doctor get question to answer.
Re: Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:17am On Apr 24, 2017
Dear Nairaland Readers,

I have taken time out of my busy schedule to comment on this news report.

As a doctor I feel very sad and deeply embarrassed at the state of healthcare in Nigeria. We can not afford to ignore this anymore.

There are many comments on this forum about this trend but few are constructive. I will address some of them as a way of making my points.

@DollarAngel -Nigerian doctors are shiits
No. Nigerian doctors are among the best in the world. They practice in every western nation and almost every African country. The only places you do not find Nigerian doctors in numbers are in asia and eastern Europe. Everywhere they go, they excel. But they fail in Nigeria. Does that say something?

@Dottore - Beware!!! Quacks and unqualified professionals are on the loose everywhere
You are right! The system has failed. We do not police the medical system as rigidly as we should. The government devotes as little money as possible to health care because they do not care about you. Nigerians visit quacks for their health needs but the president and governors fly abroad for treatment.
The medical schools are poorly run and make young people suffer unnecessarily to get a degree.
Doctors, nurses, lab scientists go on strike periodically to presss home their demands for a better system but the populace does not support them. How illogical!

@ifenes - Probably an agreement between doctor and baby subconsciously
Nonsense.

@gocaf - what nonsense...... i feel like slapping the hell outa that quack hospital and doctors. imagine a beautiful and innocent child like this, no wonder our politicians prefer London, U.S, Germany and India for proper medical care
our medical practitioners here in naija are 70% responsible for overseas treatment.
what a painful story!
No madam. You got it twisted the politicians are responsible for the poor state of health not the other way around.

@yemiprogress -...crying for this innocent bab
Crying will not solve the problem

The truth is we are too docile as a nation. The youth are weak, they are like sheep, afraid to speak, afraid to protest, afraid to make their voices heard, afraid to educate themselves on their rights.
Stop worshipping politicians. Dino, FFK, Fayose, Buhari, Saraki, et al cannot and do not want your progress. Start asserting your rights. Organize. Join politics. Unfollow all these bastar..ds on fb and twitter. Get a voters card. Start a fb page or whatsapp group. D not sit idly by.

The poor healthcare system will affect you one day no matter how rich or poor.

You are not helpless. You can do something the solution is political

1. Forward the picture of this to the fb page of your Senator, Rep or Governor. Do same to the President, VP and senate president
2. Unfollow any politician on social media accused of corruption or incompetence at least the most obvious ones - Dino, Saraki, Dogara, the governors. #unfollowthebastard
3. Organize. Join a political group - any group as long as its progressive. Take up a leadership position. If you are reading this you are educated; if you are educated you should lead. Don't follow illiterates without certificates and allow them determine your destiny
4. Get a voters card and use it

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) by jpupcniga: 10:20am On Apr 24, 2017
Where and name of the hospital is important to further substantiate if is actually a MEDICAL DOCTOR that did this cos I know in some parts of this country once you put on lab coat or white dress in the hospital you are a doctor for some people.

Is also important to provide diagnostic tools in our hospital by the government especially in rural areas and provide training and retraining opportunities for health care providers.
Re: Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) by fragrance2: 10:21am On Apr 24, 2017
Deniyi76:
This story is not clear

It's very possible that the baby actually died while in the womb but jerked back to life due to the sharp pain of the amputation. I think poverty is also the culprit in this case because a CS would have brought the baby out unharmed and the mother safe too. I aint a medical doctor but I feel like flogging the stupid doctor.
Re: Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) by DollarAngel(m): 10:22am On Apr 24, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Dear Nairaland Readers,

I have taken time out of my busy schedule to comment on this news report.

As a doctor I feel very sad and deeply embarrassed at the state of healthcare in Nigeria. We can not afford to ignore this anymore.

There are many comments on this forum about this trend but few are constructive. I will address some of them as a way of making my points.

@DollarAngel -Nigerian doctors are shiits
No. Nigerian doctors are among the best in the world. They practice in every western nation and almost every African country. The only places you do not find Nigerian doctors are in asia and eastern Europe. Everywhere they go, they excel. But they fail in Nigeria. Does that say something?

@Dottore - Beware!!! Quacks and unqualified professionals are on the loose everywhere
You are right! The system has failed. We do not police the medical system as rigidly as we should. The government devotes as little money as possible to health care because they do not care about you. Nigerians visit quacks for their health needs but the president and governors fliy abroad for treatment.
The medical schools are poorly run and make young people suffer unnecessarily to get a degree.
Doctors, nurses, lab scientists go on strike periodically to presss home their demands for a better system but the populace does not support them. How illogical!

@ifenes - Probably an agreement between doctor and baby subconsciously
Nonsense.

@gocaf - what nonsense...... i feel like slapping the hell outa that quack hospital and doctors. imagine a beautiful and innocent child like this, no wonder our politicians prefer London, U.S, Germany and India for proper medical care
what a painful story!

No madam. You got it twisted the politicians are responsible for the poor state of health not the other way around.

@yemiprogress -...crying for this innocent bab
Crying will not solve the problem

The truth is we are too docile as a nation. The youth are weak, they are like sheep, afraid to speak, afraid to protest, afraid to make their voices heard, afraid to educate themselves on their rights.
Stop worshipping politicians. Dino, FFK, Fayose, Buhari, Saraki, et al cannot and do not want your progress. Start asserting your rights. Organize. Join politics. Unfollow all these bastar..ds on fb and twitter. Get a voters card. Start a fb page or whatsapp group. D not sit idly by.

The poor healthcare system will affect you one day no matter how rich or poor.

You are not helpless. You can do something

Nigerian doctors are among the best in the world. They practice in every western nation and almost every African country. The only places you do not find Nigerian doctors are in asia and eastern Europe. Everywhere they go, they excel. But they fail in Nigeria. Does that say something?

Am talking about Nigeria doctors in Nigeria not those outside the country, alot of work needs to be done, people die from minor surgery of appendix, I don't want to talk of CS

1 Like

Re: Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) by drmuri(m): 10:23am On Apr 24, 2017
so sad, in case of intrauterine fetal death, confirmed by ultrasonography, the baby is induced and usually delivered whole. this case is so unfortunate.
Re: Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) by chukel(m): 10:25am On Apr 24, 2017
The so called doctor may not be a certified and qualified doctor esp in this generation that calls every male that works within a hospital premises doctor. Lab attendants, male nurses, male cleaners even male community health workers prefer to go by the title doctor and as such referred to as one. Normally when a fetus is suspected to be dead in utero, Obstetric ultrasound scan must be done with particular emphasis on fetal biophysical parameters and cardiac activity to ascertain the viability. Even use of electronic sonicaid is not adequate to make such diagnosis.
Re: Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) by chukel(m): 10:31am On Apr 24, 2017
0b10010011:
Now I know why people dole out over $15,000 just to birth outside the country.

We mostly kill people here an if u lucky to survive it, your life will never remain the same.

Medicals is wack!
just see how u rushed to a dumb conclusion. I'm sure at the end of the day, the guy in question will turn out to be quack. I'm also sure u were given birth to in Nigeria and a Nigerian doctor or midwife took the delivery and not a doctor from outside the country. I'm also sure u are not disabled. Do you know how many babies are born in this country daily? Do you routinely hear of this kind of mishap? What we should do is to rid our society of quacks. And not come up with such lame conclusions.

3 Likes

Re: Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) by FavoredGuy: 10:31am On Apr 24, 2017
madridguy:
This is so touching. I pity the innocent baby.
Madridguy, how market yesterday at Santiago?
Re: Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:32am On Apr 24, 2017
drmuri:
so sad, in case of intrauterine fetal death, confirmed by ultrasonography, the baby is induced and usually delivered whole. this case is so unfortunate.

usually not always. he misdiagnosed (probably didn't pick the fetal heart sounds) and attempted a destructive operation
Re: Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) by Nweike1: 10:34am On Apr 24, 2017
Nwodosis:
Even if the baby is dead, must it be dismembered before it is evacuated? Or is it medical quacks at work? Definitely that baby will take revenge on the said Doctor when he's grown.
definitely a quack. There is what is known as destructive operations in obstetrics, done to reduce the bulk of a baby so it can be delivered vaginally rather than through a caesarean section in cases of obstructed labour. Amputation of the arm is not one of these procedures
Re: Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 24, 2017
Deniyi76:
This story is not clear
Not clear at all....

The summary is every poor
Re: Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) by 0b10010011: 10:41am On Apr 24, 2017
chukel:
just see how u rushed to a dumb conclusion. I'm sure at the end of the day, the guy in question will turn out to be quack. I'm also sure u were given birth to in Nigeria and a Nigerian doctor or midwife took the delivery and not a doctor from outside the country. I'm also sure u are not disabled. Do you know how many babies are born in this country daily? Do you routinely hear of this kind of mishap? What we should do is to rid our society of quacks. And not come up with sure lame conclusions.

The bottom line is that Nigerian doctors re incompetent compared to there counter-parts in India, China, UK, USA e.t.c. I know of many life's that could have been saves if not for negligence and incompetence. I know of wrong prescriptions that have almost claimed life and also claimed life.

Even our leaders and wealthy ones re quite aware of the incompetence.

A common Tekno had malaria and was flown to the US. A Gani Fawehinmi was wrongly diagnosed in Nigeria, A Dagin died due to height of incompetence. A of pain they have caused me personally so it's not hearsay
Re: Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) by chukel(m): 10:41am On Apr 24, 2017
DollarAngel:

Only 20% of Nigeria doctors know what they are doing the rest are try and luck thanks to antibiotics that does most of the job for them
you my friend are already a quack. See how u quote unfounded statistics. Ur type meets chemist and calls him doctor while subjecting your health to him. When he misfires, you come to nairaland to claim a doctor has misfired. Make una try borrow sense and do things right.
Re: Doctor Amputates A Healthy Baby Who Was Thought To Have Died In The Womb (Pics) by mickeymimi: 10:44am On Apr 24, 2017
where is the hospital and what is the name...........they must pay for this ....ohhh poor baby.......haba! embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Health Professionals Urged To Call Vaginas 'bonus Holes' ( Pics) / Experts Fear Madagascar’s Organics Could Accelerate Malaria Resistance / Lady Contracted Molluscum Contagiosum After Purchasing A Wig Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.