Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

This School Poster Was Spotted Somewhere In Ibadan (photo) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This School Poster Was Spotted Somewhere In Ibadan (photo) (7751 Views)

The First Set Of Medical Doctors At The University Of Ibadan (Photo) / *** / Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This School Poster Was Spotted Somewhere In Ibadan (photo) by babyfaceafrica: 11:25pm On Apr 24, 2017
This OP just like controversy sha...
Re: This School Poster Was Spotted Somewhere In Ibadan (photo) by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 24, 2017
Hehehe thanks for the knowledge, bruh
But you can't blame us, most of us know the term olodo to mean a dummy.

Jaideyone:
mtchew Olodo is an area in Ibadan. Odo means mortar. Olodo means mortar seller not the Olodo you are thinking.

stupid @ss thread

*pulls pants and sh*its on thread*
Re: This School Poster Was Spotted Somewhere In Ibadan (photo) by oldfoolnigger(m): 12:03am On Apr 25, 2017
StarBukola:
it does not change over night, it might be of the same spelling but different meaning and intonation, it like saying igba time ,igba garden egg, igba #200 igba calabash, or Ogun ,war ,Ogun medince ,Ogun ,stab, Ogun ,river, etc ,all those word a spelled the same way, just the intonation differ .
tanx for the enlightenment.

1 Like

Re: This School Poster Was Spotted Somewhere In Ibadan (photo) by Jaideyone(m): 12:49am On Apr 25, 2017
laribari:

By far I get sense pass you and you must be stupid to suggest that. Who doesn't get that it's named after an area? What I'm just saying is that it's local but funny too (typical ibadan). Aren't people from ibadan comical? This was why I said typical ibadan and baba suwe becos that spelling would pass for (olodo means dullard).

You are obviously daft not to get the point with how you are defending this with all your life.

maybe you are the dvllard. the OP is a blogger so he decided to play dvmb to generate traffic to his blog. if you knew the Olodo in context doesn't mean dumb then why are you still shouting Ibadan people are comical? even the op I corrected didn't take it personal. I wonder why you are crying more than the bereaved. get a life please mtchew

see how reasonable fellows reacted down here.

oldfoolnigger:
I don learn another thing today.olodo I used to know as a dummy suddenly changed overnight to a mortar seller.languages differ sha

OdikwaRisky:
Hehehe thanks for the knowledge, bruh
But you can't blame us, most of us know the term olodo to mean a dummy.

2 Likes

Re: This School Poster Was Spotted Somewhere In Ibadan (photo) by BOOKERPAGE(m): 1:48am On Apr 25, 2017

Re: This School Poster Was Spotted Somewhere In Ibadan (photo) by Nobody: 5:21am On Apr 25, 2017
Jaideyone:
mtchew Olodo is an area in Ibadan. Odo means mortar. Olodo means mortar seller not the Olodo you are thinking.

stupid @ss thread

I join you and whip out my wetincall and pee peed all over it, shook it too after I was done.
Re: This School Poster Was Spotted Somewhere In Ibadan (photo) by laribari(m): 5:45am On Apr 25, 2017
Jaideyone:
maybe you are the dvllard. the OP is a blogger so he decided to play dvmb to generate traffic to his blog. if you knew the Olodo in context doesn't mean dumb then why are you still shouting Ibadan people are comical? even the op I corrected didn't take it personal. I wonder why you are crying more than the bereaved. get a life please mtchew

see how reasonable fellows reacted down here.

You see you life? The problem with you is that you are the serious one here. You dnt understand English ni? Is being comical a curse? Aren't ibadan people funny? Some very notable yoruba screen comedian ar from ibadan and they have promoted ibadan in that regard. When I sa they are comical with regards "olodo", i said it with every sense o responsibility with no harm meant but you are reading meaning into it.

Irrespective of what it means, it's controversial (especially when you first see it) which makes it funny. Peeps will always twist it for fun, so why you wan die put?

This one you carry this thing for head so, are u ibadan? Besides, If you didn't insult me first in your correction then it would have been fine. Not everyone will take your insult becos now you dey show me what some people said. Only the good ones oo!

Comon bounce, who told you everyone on NL is jobless? I am happily married with a kid, a good job, MSc holder, etc. I have a life. So which other life do you want to offer? Rubbish!!
Re: This School Poster Was Spotted Somewhere In Ibadan (photo) by Peachbloom(f): 5:52am On Apr 25, 2017
laribari:

You see you life? The problem with you is that you are the serious one here. You dnt understand English ni? Is being comical a curse? Aren't ibadan people funny? Some very notable yoruba screen comedian ar from ibadan and they have promoted ibadan in that regard. When I sa they are comical with regards "olodo", i said it with every sense o responsibility with no harm meant but you are reading meaning into it.

Irrespective of what it means, it's controversial (especially when you first see it) which makes it funny. Peeps will always twist it for fun, so why you wan die put?

This one you carry this thing for head so, are u ibadan? Besides, If you didn't insult me first in your correction then it would have been fine. Not everyone will take your insult becos now you dey show me what some people said. Only the good ones oo!

Comon bounce, who told you everyone on NL is jobless? I am happily married with a kid, a good job, MSc holder, etc. I have a life. So which other life do you want to offer? Rubbish!!
and what has MSC certificate, your wife and kids got to do with this olodo community grammar school. Your first sign of maturity is to just keep quiet and forget it, not list achievements. Not Necessary abeg.

6 Likes

Re: This School Poster Was Spotted Somewhere In Ibadan (photo) by Joephat(m): 6:12am On Apr 25, 2017
[quote author=Jaideyone post=55881599] the me of the area s Olodo. the school is named after the area. do I have to open your head and adjust your brain? [/quote

You're Olodo rite?

I mean are you from that area called Olodo?

1 Like

Re: This School Poster Was Spotted Somewhere In Ibadan (photo) by laribari(m): 6:15am On Apr 25, 2017
Peachbloom:
and what has MSC certificate, your wife and kids got to do with this olodo community grammar school. Your first sign of maturity is to just keep quiet and forget it, not list achievements. Not Necessary abeg.

Madam to you it's irrelevant but it is because I am telling him I have a life. What does he mean by get a life? Most people think if you are on NL then you are jobless. We are all busy, we are busy, we only find time to pass here. He was already taking it personal on top olodo matter.

I'm not flaunting anything else I would mention where I work or what school I attended. I don't talk to people in terms of personality becos you don't know them. Respect everyone's personality, job o no job because many will be beta than me here self. You don't tell people by insult get a life.

By the way you dnt av to use style insult me. You could have thought me maturity by exactly keeping quiet and ignoring my post, especially when it wasn't directed at you. Obviously, your problem is the MSC because you even wrote it in caplock.

That is just to say I have some level of education, so what life do I need again? Phd ??

You see, I didn't pass through olodo grammar school! (Na joke I dey oooo grin grin)

2 Likes

Re: This School Poster Was Spotted Somewhere In Ibadan (photo) by omoiyalayi(m): 6:19am On Apr 25, 2017
Are you writing Jamb examination this year?

Do you want to score high without stress?

Check my signature and thank me latter
Re: This School Poster Was Spotted Somewhere In Ibadan (photo) by jericco1(m): 6:24am On Apr 25, 2017
You never can tell, 'olodo' might mean something entirely different to them.
Re: This School Poster Was Spotted Somewhere In Ibadan (photo) by YoungBlackRico(m): 6:38am On Apr 25, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
I don learn another thing today.olodo I used to know as a dummy suddenly changed overnight to a mortar seller.languages differ sha
There's nothing like "language differs" here, as both words are yoruba. And just like you have it in other languages, a word can have several meanings.

©YBR
Re: This School Poster Was Spotted Somewhere In Ibadan (photo) by Jaideyone(m): 6:56am On Apr 25, 2017
laribari:

you are the one without a sense of humour. I even dramatised pulling my pant and shitting on the thread to put humour in my post but you foolishly assumed I was fighting someone. take your own advice. btw I'm not from Ibadan but I grew up there.

you are married with kids and you have MSC? is that an achievement? you started dragging the issue by foolishly assuming my comment was aggressive. you are the one without the mental capacity to dee the humour in my response to the thread. so like I said earlier fvck off. I have a job too and I won't waste my time responding to your rants anymore
Re: This School Poster Was Spotted Somewhere In Ibadan (photo) by YoungBlackRico(m): 6:59am On Apr 25, 2017
laribari:

Me just tire for the guy, what is he trying to justify now? The bottom line is that it's a weird and funny name; typical of Ibadan.

What has mortar seller got to do with children's education? Ibadan people nor go kill me with laughter
grin grin

#baba suwe
You folks will just come online to showcase your ignorance and high grade foolishness to the world instead of una to dey surf the web jeje unnoticed.

Lemme school you real quick. Public Schools (esp. Community secondary schools) in most part of South West (and perhaps other parts of Nigeria) are named after the community/locality/area they are established. I hope, for your sake, that next time you'll think twice and get your facts right before you come online to embarrass yourself. Not everything should be about tribalism.

©YBR
Re: This School Poster Was Spotted Somewhere In Ibadan (photo) by idee91: 8:34am On Apr 25, 2017
My friends served in that school during my NYSC days. Its in Egbeda local government
Re: This School Poster Was Spotted Somewhere In Ibadan (photo) by FunkyMetahuman: 8:58am On Apr 25, 2017
oldfoolnigger:

Language doesn't differ, that's the beauty of yoruba language.

A word could mean several things, but the difference is the pronunciation and markings when you are typing yoruba language.

E.g ogun has up to 5 meanings
Igbo has about 4 meaning

Olodo also has about 3 meanings.

Goes on like that.
Re: This School Poster Was Spotted Somewhere In Ibadan (photo) by FunkyMetahuman: 9:00am On Apr 25, 2017
laribari:

Me just tire for the guy, what is he trying to justify now? The bottom line is that it's a weird and funny name; typical of Ibadan.

What has mortar seller got to do with children's education? Ibadan people nor go kill me with laughter grin grin

#baba suwe
you see why we say flat heads are stup1d now.

If we name anambara high school, does that mean students go there to learn how to become anambra indigene?

Use your head now?

3 Likes

Re: This School Poster Was Spotted Somewhere In Ibadan (photo) by Ayodaniel2017(m): 10:50am On Apr 25, 2017
U've missed it all way
Re: This School Poster Was Spotted Somewhere In Ibadan (photo) by laribari(m): 11:48am On Apr 25, 2017
FunkyMetahuman:
you see why we say flat heads are stup1d now.

If we name anambara high school, does that mean students go there to learn how to become anambra indigene?

Use your head now?

See this idiot, you fine pass me grin
You are the stupid one to assume anyone who criticizes things that a connected with yoruba are igbos. See this block head o!!! grin grin

I perceive you used anambra to make reference so that I will get your point cos to you I'm affiliated with igbos. I'm a Lagos dude okay and I speak yoruba language wella. Ogbeni, bounce!!!

Oniranu!
Re: This School Poster Was Spotted Somewhere In Ibadan (photo) by laribari(m): 11:55am On Apr 25, 2017
YoungBlackRico:
You folks will just come online to showcase your ignorance and high grade foolishness to the world instead of una to dey surf the web jeje unnoticed.

Lemme school you real quick. Public Schools (esp. Community secondary schools) in most part of South West (and perhaps other parts of Nigeria) are named after the immediate community/locality/area they are established. I hope, for your sake, that next time you'll think twice and get your facts right before you come online to embarrass yourself. Not everything should be about tribalism.

©YBR

I will address your trash later, make I finish Wetin I dey do. I thought you were smart sef. Mtcheew
Re: This School Poster Was Spotted Somewhere In Ibadan (photo) by larryUG(m): 12:43pm On Apr 25, 2017
Jaideyone:

stupid @ss thread

Wow, Odo means mortar in igbo lang too. Akaodo means pestle
Re: This School Poster Was Spotted Somewhere In Ibadan (photo) by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 25, 2017
laribari:

What has mortar seller got to do with children's education? Ibadan people nor go kill me with laughter grin grin

#baba suwe

Your post is pointless.

What's funny and weird in the name? Names generally describe things.

Is it more weird than Liverpool? Does it sound worse than Cambridge High School?

Ask yourself: what's the meaning of Cambridge, Liverpool, Sussex or Camden?

1 Like

Re: This School Poster Was Spotted Somewhere In Ibadan (photo) by Elmojiid(m): 5:58pm On Apr 25, 2017
Jaideyone:

stupid @ss thread

.dnt mind them...it is the work of the Igbo.
Re: This School Poster Was Spotted Somewhere In Ibadan (photo) by FromZeroToHero(m): 7:52pm On Apr 25, 2017
Who is the ref of this match? Pls blow the final whistle.
Re: This School Poster Was Spotted Somewhere In Ibadan (photo) by LAFO: 12:03am On Apr 26, 2017
FromZeroToHero:
Who is the ref of this match? Pls blow the final whistle.
Piiiiiiiiin

Piiiiiiiiiin

Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin
Re: This School Poster Was Spotted Somewhere In Ibadan (photo) by kingbryanthe1st(m): 12:21pm On Apr 26, 2017
Jaideyone:

stupid @ss thread

even mortar seller bad nii for school name. .??
Re: This School Poster Was Spotted Somewhere In Ibadan (photo) by Abuklaw(m): 1:19pm On Apr 26, 2017
Jaideyone:

stupid @ss thread

Let them continue mocking the name of my Alma Mata. Meanwhile, you guys are just preparing the ground for me because I will soon launch my image in preparation for the upcoming election. At least, no one will deny ever knowing a school bearing OLODO COMMUNITY GRAMMAR SCHOOL when they see it on my CV.

GRACIAS! PROUDLY OCGS.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

These are the MOST Popular Nairalanders 2022 / Jamb’s Computer-based Test Will Curb Exam Malpractice, Says Registrar / 10 Creepy Places Science Still Can't Explain [pics]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.