Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,403 members, 7,815,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

The Hausa - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Hausa (3872 Views)

The Legend Of The Origin Of The Hausa: Truth Or False? / Learn How To Speak Hausa Here / Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hausa by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:18pm On Aug 18, 2012
tpia@:
Thanks.

You can also use the search function.

I just did, and immediately found at least three threads addressing the subject.

You were on two of them, and posted pictures of non-nigerian fulani on one.

Misapplication of google, dear.

Anyway, the emir has hausa blood, or if you can find a better way to explain why he looks hausa, then lets hear it on a different thread preferably.

You seem to be confusing him with the sultan of sokoto.

what do you mean by looks hausa The emir is just plain old-aged. do you have proof he has Hausa blood?

no im not confusing with Sultan Sokoto. Those are direct descent of Usumane Dan Fodio.
Re: The Hausa by anonymous6(f): 7:09pm On Aug 18, 2012
mojojojo: [flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOi0bG7vBLM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="[/flash]

Nice thread, I saw this documentary
Re: The Hausa by anonymous6(f): 7:16pm On Aug 18, 2012
Re: The Hausa by armyofone(m): 7:53pm On Aug 18, 2012
how i so miss the North.
sleeping under the dongoyaro tree enjoying the afternoon breeze with my parents.

eating fried jada and soaking kunu zaki zaki or eating goose goose/pete. listening to Almajiris singing lai lai lo lo grin while asking for old tuwo
life in the North, nostalgic.
Re: The Hausa by sambos994(m): 9:23pm On Aug 18, 2012
i miss the suya
Re: The Hausa by PhysicsQED(m): 5:07am On Aug 19, 2012
@ pagan

The kings of the Hausa city states were called Sarkin before the coming of the Emir and Sultan titles, right?

Which of those Hausa kings was considered the most prominent/most powerful/most influential?
Re: The Hausa by sambos994(m): 7:34am On Aug 19, 2012
PhysicsQED: @ pagan

The kings of the Hausa city states were called Sarkin before the coming of the Emir and Sultan titles, right?

Which of those Hausa kings was considered the most prominent/most powerful/most influential?

Though you weren't asking me...I'll guess Sarkin Kano, since it's like the heart of hausaland.
Re: The Hausa by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:13pm On Aug 19, 2012
PhysicsQED: @ pagan

yes Saarkin Kano of Kutumbawa.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Calabar Carnival Is A Celebration Of Prostitution / Are Nigerian Parents Too Strict? (share Your Experiences) / How To Use Onion Peels As A Mosquito Killer At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.