Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,771 members, 7,809,977 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? (17307 Views)

Poll: Which marriage ceremony is more important?

Traditional?: 67% (44 votes)
White?: 32% (21 votes)
This poll has ended

A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" / Nigeria Is Blessed With Culture.. Some Beautiful Traditional Marriage Pictures / The Uselessness Of White Wedding In African Societies!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? by Aniomaman(m): 11:34am On May 06, 2007
A nice tradtional wedding tops it anyday but then we got to add in the civil wedding just to make am official, grin
Re: Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? by laudate: 2:10pm On May 07, 2007
Red_Lips:

If you go outside of Nigeria with just traditional done, how exactly do you intend to show PROOF that you two are married? Perhaps you intent to show everyone a picture of a calabash or kolanut as proof that you two are married in the eyes of the law?

Oh mi gosh! I can't stop laughing!! Una no go kill person with laughter for here. wink
Re: Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? by luxoire(f): 1:30pm On May 08, 2007
''Money talks bullsh*t walks''

If i have my way and money, i will have BOTH plus the Registry one too, and heck i want the whole works,, from the lavish white dress, and guy in tuxedo, in a catherdral (if i can), with good music, heck i am roman catholic and i want it B I G, WETTIN, NA ONE TIME I GO MARRY OH (if i am to re-marry-God forbid- for any other reason, then i will do it small scale)

the traditional one, i want d matching traditional wear, food for a viallage and drinks in abundance, live music from cultural groups, see me, see wahala, hmm make i get d kind money i want, my wedding will be one in town, d type little kids would be wishing for,

(Let no one kill my dreams, aim for the sky and if u land lower, it wont be so bad)
Re: Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? by frankiriri(m): 5:07pm On May 08, 2007
luxoire:

''Money talks bullsh*t walks''

If i have my way and money, i will have BOTH plus the Registry one too, and heck i want the whole works,, from the lavish white dress, and guy in tuxedo, in a catherdral (if i can), with good music, heck i am roman catholic and i want it B I G, WETTIN, NA ONE TIME I GO MARRY OH (if i am to re-marry-God forbid- for any other reason, then i will do it small scale)

the traditional one, i want d matching traditional wear, food for a viallage and drinks in abundance, live music from cultural groups, see me, see wahala, hmm make i get d kind money i want, my wedding will be one in town, d type little kids would be wishing for,

(Let no one kill my dreams, aim for the sky and if u land lower, it wont be so bad)
No problem as long as you can afford it dream on
Re: Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? by aumefa: 9:14pm On May 08, 2007
I do not agree with those who think church wedding means God's blessings. God's blessings go into a wedding at the point the two agree in truth and also at the spot the parents consent. Quite a number of very successful marriages were held outside any religious inclination.
How many of the "white weddings" are really white. In 99% of the cases, the man had already 'known' the lady. "And he knew her."
In the days of old, our fore-fathers lived long and happily with our "fore-mothers".
Traditional marriage is it.
Re: Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? by dezi(f): 9:52pm On May 08, 2007
i think both are important.
Re: Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? by kike001(f): 12:45pm On May 10, 2007
i will say none i want a normall blue weddin
Re: Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? by ferdimako1: 1:41pm On May 10, 2007
Both people getting a nut tied: One should take on one

to fund. If not sometimes, anything to keep the

marriage going smoothly. Or the woman mainly will

discover her new husband has turn to a rogue as those

who help in spending all the resources left them with

rubber gifts.Since all has gone into holding the two

ceremonies, quarrels and bikerings set in. I always ask

why spending so much to make weddings hot while

marriage gets cold? People don't think well any more or

it's all confusing in there?

Well there is a good way to even avoid any fellas, just

'pad' the woman and the parents will be begging for

you to come and do a thing. Just a thing!

This double-headed ceremonies keep men away from

popping and the ladies turning to old spinsters. Is that

good people?
Re: Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? by frankiriri(m): 9:57pm On May 12, 2007
word
Re: Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? by luxoire(f): 11:05pm On May 12, 2007
frankiriri:

No problem as long as you can afford it dream on

I had already said that in my posting!! angry
Re: Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? by finemocha(f): 12:26am On May 13, 2007
i notice mostly men are screaming traditional marriage. lol is it because a white wedding costs three times more than the average traditional wedding.
Re: Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? by RedLips3(f): 4:16am On May 13, 2007
They are against it cos they are not restricted by law to stay in a traditional marriage and also the fact that church wedding is against adultery or bringing in another wife.
Re: Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? by frankiriri(m): 11:05pm On May 13, 2007
finemocha:

i notice mostly men are screaming traditional marriage. lol is it because a white wedding costs three times more than the average traditional wedding.
White weddings dont necessarily always cost more. Some trads are more expensive
Re: Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? by YOUNGDICEs(m): 11:12pm On May 13, 2007
traditional marriage.
Re: Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? by frankiriri(m): 12:01am On May 14, 2007
Red_Lips:

They are against it because they are not restricted by law to stay in a traditional marriage and also the fact that church wedding is against adultery or bringing in another wife.
[/quote
angry :oWhat century are you living in. That is very far from the truth. I don't think anyone in this generation would think like that. People who wed in churches commit adultery too
Re: Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? by RedLips3(f): 5:31pm On May 14, 2007
It's at least against the church law to commit adultery against your wife as opposed to traditional weddings where it's more favorable to the man.

and learn how to quote.
Re: Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? by frankiriri(m): 1:27am On May 15, 2007
Red_Lips:

It's at least against the church law to commit adultery against your wife as opposed to traditional weddings where it's more favorable to the man.

and learn how to quote.
learn how to talk
Re: Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? by RedLips3(f): 2:35pm On May 15, 2007
speak and write better than you, kid. Pele.
Re: Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? by frankiriri(m): 5:35pm On May 15, 2007
In your dreams
Re: Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? by Damabel: 7:46pm On May 15, 2007
What is even the need to have two weedings is only in Nigeria we have two weddings.
Let us learn how to stop this funny way of life. Some issues are to be remembered.
Re: Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? by synderella: 2:20pm On Feb 26, 2008
Court wedding, white wedding and traditional wedding, i say do them all!!!
Re: Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? by Fileki(f): 3:32pm On Feb 26, 2008
if the question is ''Traditional Marriage or ''white wedding'' , then d poster is asking me to make a choice, so i chooe; Traditinal weddind
Re: Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? by nalijah07(f): 6:38pm On Feb 29, 2008
Please forgive my ignorance, but why opt for a traditional wedding, when there are no legal documents that solidify it? Wouldn't you want the security of knowing that you have official paperwork in case you go elsewhere in the world and need to prove your status?
Re: Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? by ifyalways(f): 8:33pm On Mar 01, 2008
In my part of the world traditional marriages rock ! i love traditional weddings.the corals,the beads,the ures,the local dances,the setting,the up wine and food,even the guests too,oh my !the rich cultural display  kiss kiss kiss i can't MISS it,no,not for even d church wedding.
Re: Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? by topkin(m): 12:12am On Mar 05, 2008
Both.

Traditional because I believe in tradition

White because I strongly believe that "If the Lord does't not watch, in vain do we keep vigil"
Re: Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? by fayahsoul: 3:31am On Jan 07, 2009
I will do only an undiluted traditional wedding. So screw the bible/koran, screw your fake azz hypocritical and pedophilic pastors, revs, bishops, popes and imams, to hell with your cracker azz white albino blue eyed blond hair jehovah, jesus or allah.

I walk with AMADIOHA who is far greater than your gay white/arab Gods.

You arabianized and white washed negros can just burn to ashes in your bloody churches and mosques.

[size=19pt]I'm coming for you![/size]
Re: Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? by Ifygurl: 3:57am On Jan 07, 2009
Both but if i have to choose
It will be TRADITIONAL.
Re: Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? by tamme: 1:33am On May 20, 2009
traditional wedding, stick to my roots
Re: Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? by iykon4: 2:54pm On May 27, 2009
house d both of them are important.it all depends on u and ur perception.
Re: Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? by Abbygyal(f): 6:45pm On Jun 03, 2009
fayahsoul:

I will do only an undiluted traditional wedding. So screw the bible/koran, screw your fake azz hypocritical and pedophilic pastors, revs, bishops, popes and imams, to hell with your cracker azz white albino blue eyed blond hair jehovah, jesus or allah.

I walk with AMADIOHA who is far greater than your gay white/arab Gods.

You arabianized and white washed negros can just burn to ashes in your bloody churches and mosques.

[size=19pt]I'm coming for you![/size]
biko, na fyt? jeezz

@ post
both mahn
Re: Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 03, 2009
Re: Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'?

Who cares?
Re: Traditional Marriage Or 'White Wedding'? by fayahsoul: 5:09pm On Jun 04, 2009
Abbygyal:

biko, na fyt? jeezz

I stay ready for the combat while the ignorant are praying and wondering where their God at!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Onitsha Ofala Festival Kicks Off In Onitsha (Pictures & Video) / Photos Of 2018 Igue Festivals In Edo State / Hoodlums Disrupt Chieftaincy Installation By Olubadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.