Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

What Business Can I Invest N500k With? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Business Can I Invest N500k With? (1399 Views)

What Business Can I Do With 20k? / What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? / Man Who Returned Lost N500k & Was Given N2k Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Business Can I Invest N500k With? by sundid(m): 7:23am On Apr 25, 2017
Am stuck in decision to area where I can actually invest with 500k. So ur suggestion would be highly welcomed.
Re: What Business Can I Invest N500k With? by Partnerbiz(f): 7:40am On Apr 25, 2017
sundid:
Am stuck in decision to area where I can actually invest with 500k. So ur suggestion would be highly welcomed.
Decision to area?

Please make your post clear.

Btw. There are no biz ideas on Nairaland or anywhere online. Anything you see here is rubbish. People will never tell you what they do.

I have been here for aeons so I know.
Re: What Business Can I Invest N500k With? by mstcnsult: 8:19am On Apr 25, 2017
Partnerbiz:

Decision to area?

Please make your post clear.

Btw. There are no biz ideas on Nairaland or anywhere online. Anything you see here is rubbish. People will never tell you what they do.

I have been here for aeons so I know.
I disagree with you.

First he didn't say he was looking for an 'idea'. He wants an 'area' to invest in. Meaning he wants something that's genuine, solid and can stand the test of time.

sundid:
I think it's time people started investing in gold. Gold is one of the few resources that have been consistently appreciating in value for centuries now. There's now investment Gold to ensure more people can now have fortune in gold, while still making profit consistently on their initial investment.

To know how safe your money is investing in gold and for other inquiries, check my signature.
Re: What Business Can I Invest N500k With? by Partnerbiz(f): 8:44am On Apr 25, 2017
mstcnsult:

I disagree with you.

First he didn't say he was looking for an 'idea'. He wants an 'area' to invest in. Meaning he wants something that's genuine, solid and can stand the test of time.

I think it's time people started investing in gold. Gold is one of the few resources that have been consistently appreciating in value for centuries now. There's now investment Gold to ensure more people can now have fortune in gold, while still making profit consistently on their initial investment.

To know how safe your money is investing in gold and for other inquiries, check my signature.

You disagree on what then? Which aspect of my post?

He should invest in gold? Balderdash. If that was good enough you wouldn't be telling him.
Next pls.
Re: What Business Can I Invest N500k With? by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 25, 2017
sundid:

Maybe if you provide more information, you could get better advice.

In general, any investment involves a certain amount of risk and involvement.

Yes, the cash is important, but it will not multiply itself (no matter what anyone may tell you)

How much time will you have to oversee your investment? And how will you manage the risks involved in whatever area you decide on?

Good luck
Re: What Business Can I Invest N500k With? by mstcnsult: 10:49am On Apr 25, 2017
Partnerbiz:

You disagree on what then? Which aspect of my post?

He should invest in gold? Balderdash. If that was good enough you wouldn't be telling him.
Next pls.
It's either you don't have an investment or you don't have a good one.
Most people on nairaland just want a means of livelihood. A lot of people have multiple sources of income, however small the profit. A good number of people also have good investments, thousands of nairalanders cannot lie the same time.

My regular business is diesel supply and I'm investing part of my profits in gold. I don't understand why I shouldn't tell someone about my investment when someone told me about it.
Re: What Business Can I Invest N500k With? by Partnerbiz(f): 10:53am On Apr 25, 2017
mstcnsult:

Most people on nairaland just want a means of livelihood. A lot of people have multiple sources of income, however small the profit. A good number of people also have good investments, thousands of nairalanders cannot lie the same time.

My regular business is diesel supply and I'm investing part of my profits in gold. I don't understand why I shouldn't tell someone about my investment when someone told me about it.

Spare me that Mr Jesus.
The only reason you will tell someone is when you have something to gain.

People advertises mmm not because they love others but because of 10% they will get.
If mmm was a biz people would do it in hiding.
Check all biz threads on nairaland. All proponents have something to gain.
Go and read Adams Smith's Wealth of Nations.

4 Likes

Re: What Business Can I Invest N500k With? by mercyway: 10:54am On Apr 25, 2017
mstcnsult:

Gold Investment is SCAM & you know that.
Re: What Business Can I Invest N500k With? by mstcnsult: 11:44am On Apr 25, 2017
Partnerbiz:

Spare me that Mr Jesus.
The only reason you will tell someone is when you have something to gain.

People advertises mmm not because they love others but because of 10% they will get.
If mmm was a biz people would do it in hiding.
Check all biz threads on nairaland. All proponents have something to gain.
Go and read Adams Smith's Wealth of Nations.
There's difference between a business and an investment. For an investment to produce fruits someone else (or sometimes, the investor) has to do the business part of it.

When you invest in agriculture, the farmer or manager has to do the business part of it so you earn profit. If you invest in mmm and no one is doing the business part of it by inviting people, who will pay you? when you invest in banking products, the bank does the business part of it for you to earn expected profit.

So what is wrong with a businessman getting a little commission? You sell data, I'm sure you are not helping mtn and Etisalat sell their data for nothing.
Re: What Business Can I Invest N500k With? by mstcnsult: 11:48am On Apr 25, 2017
mercyway:
Gold Investment is SCAM & you know that.
Don't tell me, suggest an investment to the OP.
Re: What Business Can I Invest N500k With? by mercyway: 12:03pm On Apr 25, 2017
mstcnsult:

Don't tell me, suggest an investment to the OP.
You know that am telling you the truth, you are only trying to get downline. @op request, his location shall determine the likes of business that he can venture into. He needs to research on peoples wants around him & invest in that. Theres a woman here in Isheri that sells only bread & has 6 salesgirl working inside his bread shop. The woman dont have bakery of her own but she sells bread produced by different bakery. Her shop is around 30x30 feet & stocked with bread worth more than a million naira. The woman only research on peoples want around the area, meet their needs & makes her money.
Re: What Business Can I Invest N500k With? by mstcnsult: 12:55pm On Apr 25, 2017
mercyway:
You know that am telling you the truth, you are only trying to get downline. @op request, his location shall determine the likes of business that he can venture into. He needs to research on peoples wants around him & invest in that. Theres a woman here in Isheri that sells only bread & has 6 salesgirl working inside his bread shop. The woman dont have bakery of her own but she sells bread produced by different bakery. Her shop is around 30x30 feet & stocked with bread worth more than a million naira. The woman only research on peoples want around the area, meet their needs & makes her money.
I'm not only trying to get a downline, I'm looking for coinvestors. This is investment gold, we don't need each other to make money from it. I can sell later in the future when the value has appreciated.

Your suggestion is similar to the one my brother serving in Kaduna got 6 months ago. He invested in a woman's farm after he was told she makes good turnover within months of farming. Long story short, he lost that money and lost contact with her too, she is now somewhere in Abuja (hiding?). Moral of the story, when investing money to help someone expand their business, get involved. Don't just follow word of mouth, investigate and reach an agreement with them on certain terms.

1 Like

Re: What Business Can I Invest N500k With? by sundid(m): 3:34pm On Apr 25, 2017
I have read various responses, but I'm yet to get a tangible advise on what to delve into. Please let's make this thread more educating.
Re: What Business Can I Invest N500k With? by Lawnletters(m): 7:32pm On Apr 25, 2017
Register a Business in 7 days or less

Due to recent reforms, the process of registering a business in Nigeria has been simplified and significantly reduced. It takes roughly between 48hrs and 7 days to register your business name or company.

If you have any enquiries or would like to register a company or business name please contact me on 08068615703

You may also choose to read this article which I wrote http://chukwuemekalaw..com.ng/2017/03/registering-private-company-in-nigeria.html?m=1
Re: What Business Can I Invest N500k With? by Lawnletters(m): 7:51pm On Apr 25, 2017
Oh and as regards your question, you may choose to invest the 500k in a business that is guaranteed to succeed.

For example, businesses like barbing, car wash, poultry, fish farming, etc. In other words, businesses that are guaranteed to generate a daily income and or that provide services that are needed by everyone.

You can check out this article by New York Times Best Selling Author Ramit Sethi
http://growthlab.com/guides/ultimate-guide-to-business-ideas/

You will also need to prepare a good business plan. The Prince's Trust ( Prince Charles of England) provides a comprehensive guide and free template for your convenience
https://www.princes-trust.org.uk/help-for-young-people/tools-resources/business-tools/business-plans

Lastly, it is very probable that in starting out you may need to draft a business contract to document your agreement with your co-founders, business partners, employees, distributors, website users, etc. Feel free to contact me for enquiries if this is the case. I also offer a contract drafting service particular to Startups and growing businesses
Re: What Business Can I Invest N500k With? by Chromite: 8:59pm On Apr 25, 2017
You can invest in Digital marketing,as we all know,The digital world is the fastest and largest evolving world.Partner with me,i have a team of serial entrepreneurs that proffer business marketing strategies to other business,and get paid in a percentage of the business profit.together we can make up to 100k monthly.We offer Web applications and designs,Search engine optimization,social media publicity etc.Chat me up on whatsapp(09059178533),join our team we'll teach you all you need to know and together we'll make a steady cashflow.
Re: What Business Can I Invest N500k With? by divinelove(m): 7:29am On Apr 26, 2017
sundid:

Go and buy mini Suzuki bus and hit d road. If u are the driver u can make 6 to 8k daily. U do the maths

1 Like

Re: What Business Can I Invest N500k With? by Forex4u(m): 8:15am On Apr 26, 2017
Having Observed all ideas in this thread, my conclusion is Nigeria is still a confused state, people must wonder what am talking about, its a personal reason that cannot be stated, @OP as someone rightly stated here " see opportunities in challenges rather than seeing problem in challenges " another concept people won't take serious, the best investment you do and be happy that you are doing is solving immediate crisis within your territory, it is a hard statement, a tough one though but the best. Mind you business and Investment are not the same as many people do confuse it when making an expression, in summary, business is short term and sometimes give immediate profit while investment is let Long term, its profit are usually small in return but steady, so go back to the drawing board, as another rightly stated, draw up a business plan, you cannot run a business of large capital with just an idea, you should know a house built on solid foundation cannot be shakened, you know why? the builder did his assignment very well, am not going to suggest anything to you now maybe later when you must have done your own findings then for more guidance, you can contact me.

you are to find out these areas:

* Common problems within my territory.
* Draw up a survey opinion plan and distribute for a corresponding answers, it could be in your neighborhood, street, markets, all depends on what you actually wants to solve as an individual.
* Analyse your findings.
* form a non disclosure documents
* find team of experts regarding your idea, they must sign your non disclosure documents, note this.
* Disclose your intending idea to them to contemplate on and give you their best shot on it.
* after then you must have done your underground work, you can kickstart. mobilise around for services, meet interested clients for a deal there you go.

GOODLUCK.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dangote Is More Important To Lagos State Economy Than All Ibos Combined / Dalecoin Swap Exchange Will Be Available Soon / Please Help!!facebook Keeps Rejecting My Ads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.