Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC (25223 Views)

Throwback: Jonathan Campaign Pictures In Kano 2015 / Kassim Afegbua Defects To PDP With Supporters In Edo / Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC by Urukpe: 12:55pm On Apr 25, 2017
ENUGU – COORDINATOR of the 2015 Goodluck Jonathan’s presidential campaign organization in Enugu state, Chief Rex Onyeabor, has defected to the All Progressives Congress, APC.

Until his defection to the APC, Onyeabor was a member Board of Trustee, BOT, of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and at one time an acting National Secretary of the party.

During his official defection at his country home, Ugbawka,‎ Nkanu East local government area of Enugu state, Onyeabor said he was cross carpeting to the APC because‎ the PDP was not likely to survive it’s present leadership crisis.

He said: “Apart from being former national secretary, I was BOT member which is the highest advisory body in PDP and I attended a lot of meetings, virtually every meeting, reconciliation meeting.

“There are some people who are still there attending meeting to reconcile; you see what they are doing now, Modu Sheriff and Ahmed Makarfi, and recently Jonathan and Seriake (Dickson); it is not likely that an agreement will be reached very soon.

“So I looked at all the efforts we have made in the past trying to restructure the party, trying to bring the party out of the melancholy or depression of defeat, it has not worked; that’s why I decided to pick my bag and take a walk.”

Aside from that, Chief Onyeabor said that APC provides the best platform for changing Nigeria for now, noting that though APC might not be the best party in the world but that it was better than other parties in Nigeria today.

On what might have prompted the mass exodus of notable Igbo politicians into APC, Onyeabor said that Igbos have now seen the light and that given what he knows about PDP, which he said he was not ready to make public, he now believes APC was the best choice for the realization of Igbo aspirations in Nigeria.

Enugu state chairman of the APC, Dr. Ben Nwoye expressed excitement for the influx of political bigwigs into his party, saying that they were joining not only to help win elections but to also organize the party as some of them are political technocrats and bureaucrats.

Notable among former members of PDP who recently defected to the APC in Enugu state include the former Senate President, Ken Nnamani; former Governor of old Anambra State, Senator Jim Nwobodo, and former speaker of the state House of Assembly, Rt. Hon Eugene Odo.

The immediate past Governor of the State, Mr. Sullivan Chime recently resigned his membership of the PDP but is yet to make official declaration into APC.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/jonathans-%e2%80%8ecampaign-manager-defects-apc/

1 Like

Re: Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC by NOC1(m): 12:58pm On Apr 25, 2017
useless polithievesians runing from one hole to another, no vission ...

13 Likes

Re: Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 25, 2017
grin grin grin grin

And the whitewashing begins...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC by lazsnaira(m): 1:52pm On Apr 25, 2017
its always one party in our own kind of politics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC by verygudbadguy(m): 1:52pm On Apr 25, 2017
This politicians and soldiers, everyone na the same..
No one different from the other, my people no get hope..
I sorry sorry oh.. I sorry for Nigeria..
I sorry sorry oh, egbami oooooo...

Na Femi Kuti song i dey sing oo.. I no get comment on this mata before them arrest me for cyber crime.

5 Likes

Re: Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC by whitering: 1:52pm On Apr 25, 2017
e
Re: Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC by donfemo(m): 1:52pm On Apr 25, 2017
The safest place to escape being probed. Smart move if you ask me. Recycled criminals

17 Likes

Re: Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC by EmekaBlue(m): 1:52pm On Apr 25, 2017
political prostitute...selfish pple everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC by muhyeenisce(m): 1:53pm On Apr 25, 2017
Re: Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC by aleeyus(m): 1:53pm On Apr 25, 2017
NOC1:
useless polithievesians
Dear Nairaland admin

Please we need IQ detector on this forum

3 Likes

Re: Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC by wellmax(m): 1:53pm On Apr 25, 2017
Shameless thieves
Re: Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC by Tallesty1(m): 1:53pm On Apr 25, 2017
I don't Kia.

Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof

Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth

Because I'm happy
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you

Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like that's what you wanna do.

UMU CHINEKE SING WITH ME BIKO

4 Likes

Re: Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC by sotall(m): 1:53pm On Apr 25, 2017
political prostitutes
Re: Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC by Angy55(f): 1:53pm On Apr 25, 2017
Make I add tatashe to my beans
Re: Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC by wellmax(m): 1:53pm On Apr 25, 2017
With the way things are going, Mama Patience will soon convince Jonathan to also decamp.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC by RealLordZeus(m): 1:53pm On Apr 25, 2017
Chai
Re: Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC by lordcornel(m): 1:53pm On Apr 25, 2017
He is now a saint by defection.

6 Likes

Re: Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC by ephi123(f): 1:53pm On Apr 25, 2017
I hope this does not imply he now automatically becomes a saint.

By the time all thieves and looters finish defecting to APC, we will see who will remain to be prosecuted.

4 Likes

Re: Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC by siraj1402(m): 1:53pm On Apr 25, 2017
I think he is sincere based on the reasons stated. Anyway politician for Nigeria na Ashawo.
Re: Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC by donfemo(m): 1:54pm On Apr 25, 2017

1 Like

Re: Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC by abhosts(m): 1:54pm On Apr 25, 2017
We would only get good people in Nigerian Politics when Money is Removed from Public Service.

2 Likes

Re: Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC by SuperBlack: 1:55pm On Apr 25, 2017
That shouldn't be a News, they are all looking for income, or should he had been at home and Mr Jonathan will be paying his Salary?.
Re: Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC by Sanchez01: 1:55pm On Apr 25, 2017
During his official defection at his country home, Ugbawka,‎ Nkanu East local government area of Enugu state, Onyeabor said he was cross carpeting to the APC because‎ the PDP was not likely to survive it’s present leadership crisis.

Honestly, politicians should be killed in plain sight.
Re: Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC by lilytender: 1:56pm On Apr 25, 2017
Less than two years in opposition, they are all very hungry and starving. They are now running to join Amala and Ewedu together with Hausa/Fulani party. Bunch of useless he-goats. Tinubu was in opposition for 16 years, fighting tooth and nails, at the end of the day, the Jagaban became Africa's most wanted kind maker. From Nigeria, to Ghana and to the East Africa. Yet, these fools will want to compare themselves to the Jagaban who is senior to their grandfather.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC by furezra(m): 1:56pm On Apr 25, 2017
that's bad. You can't stick with your party and give quality opposition
Re: Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 25, 2017
THUNDER FIRE uh na
Uh na carry NIGERIANS dey play
Re: Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC by EmekaBlue(m): 1:57pm On Apr 25, 2017
donfemo:

weldone
space fr sale...u go buy?!
Re: Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 25, 2017
see what hunger has caused.hunger bad ooo
Re: Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC by maclatunji: 1:57pm On Apr 25, 2017
EEEEYAH, transformation agenda don change.
Re: Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC by opethom(m): 1:58pm On Apr 25, 2017
The fear of EFCC
Re: Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC by Lordsocrates: 1:58pm On Apr 25, 2017
All the people wey bin chop beta money for the guy hand dong move on, but dumb good for nothing set of people wey nefa see common 2k for the guy hand go dey carry him matta for back like hunchback...
Election bin be 2015 it's 2017, guys move on, and be productive in life.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom @34: Osinbajo To Inaugurate 21-Storey Security Building, Luxury Estate / INEC Suspends Senatorial Election In Enugu East / Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.