Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Covenant University Suspends Final Year Students For Missing Easter Programme - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Suspends Final Year Students For Missing Easter Programme (29299 Views)

Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel / Kaduna State University Suspends Bala A.B. Umar Over Sex For Marks / Veritas University Suspends Student For 3 Weeks Over Noise Making (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covenant University Suspends Final Year Students For Missing Easter Programme by himee: 3:30pm On Apr 25, 2017
Covenant University is as it again and this time I am not keeping calm!

Please how can a school suspend final year students for not attending "Easter Youth Alive" program" for ONE year Where is that done? Is it on their curriculum? How many units does this program carry?

These students have barley two(2) or three (3) months to go before project defense and graduation, have exams coming up this week and the school wakes up and decides to suspend them for one (1) year? And what happens to the fees paid for the year? In this economic recession, parents should cough out close to a Million Naira again to pay fees

How many "churchy" schools have ever done this? None! Its only Covenant University! Is there no better punishment to give to these students than suspension for a WHOLE YEAR What culture are you trying to imbibe into these students? When they are suspended, will they go home and become better people? What are the lecturers and counselors in the school for? What are the various Bible studies or programs in the school for? Are they organized for just believers? Who did the church come for? Who did Jesus come for? Isn't it the sinners? What if after every sin we commit, our Almighty Father in Heaven decides to suspend us from this earth, where will we all be?

I should believe parents who take their children to such schools do so not just for academic purposes, but also for the spiritual aspect. Isn't that why they have a course titled "The Total Man?" Or what other reason is this course for, if not to build all students, particularly the erring ones to become better people? If not so, they should please enlighten us.

I think this time around, Covenant University has gone over board!

We will not keep silent again.

Please and please, we would appreciate if this is published. We have had enough of this!

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Covenant University Suspends Final Year Students For Missing Easter Programme by Nasa28(m): 3:36pm On Apr 25, 2017
himee:
Covenant University is as it again and this time I am not keeping calm!

Please how can a school suspend final year students for not attending "Easter Youth Alive" program" for ONE year Where is that done? Is it on their curriculum? How many units does this program carry?

These students have barley two(2) or three (3) months to go before project defense and graduation, have exams coming up this week and the school wakes up and decides to suspend them for one (1) year? And what happens to the fees paid for the year? In this economic recession, parents should cough out close to a Million Naira again to pay fees

How many "churchy" schools have ever done this? None! Its only Covenant University! Is there no better punishment to give to these students than suspension for a WHOLE YEAR What culture are you trying to imbibe into these students? When they are suspended, will they go home and become better people? What are the lecturers and counselors in the school for? What are the various Bible studies or programs in the school for? Are they organized for just believers? Who did the church come for? Who did Jesus come for? Isn't it the sinners? What if after every sin we commit, our Almighty Father in Heaven decides to suspend us from this earth, where will we all be?

I should believe parents who take their children to such schools do so not just for academic purposes, but also for the spiritual aspect. Isn't that why they have a course titled "The Total Man?" Or what other reason is this course for, if not to build all students, particularly the erring ones to become better people? If not so, they should please enlighten us.

I think this time around, Covenant University has gone over board!

We will not keep silent again.

Please and please, we would appreciate if this is published. We have had enough of this!

Lol

6 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Final Year Students For Missing Easter Programme by LAFO: 3:36pm On Apr 25, 2017
I'm a Christian but this one weak me!

Is this a theology seminary or academic university?
Seun, hope say lalasticlala no follow go CU sha

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Covenant University Suspends Final Year Students For Missing Easter Programme by dhantey324(m): 3:36pm On Apr 25, 2017
Sad story! Seems like they see students as atm in CU undecided

10 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Final Year Students For Missing Easter Programme by NosoChic: 3:44pm On Apr 25, 2017
So final year students were mandated to attend the Church's Easter program. Some couldn't attend it and they were suspended for one year...
Is this a true picture of what happened?
Who else can confirm this is exactly what happened?

30 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Final Year Students For Missing Easter Programme by mayprince(m): 4:03pm On Apr 25, 2017
Thevictorious should come and disclaim this post

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Final Year Students For Missing Easter Programme by Goldenheart(m): 4:15pm On Apr 25, 2017
Eyah

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Final Year Students For Missing Easter Programme by corenewsonline: 4:16pm On Apr 25, 2017
Hian

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Suspends Final Year Students For Missing Easter Programme by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 25, 2017
himee:
How many "churchy" schools have ever done this? None! Its only Covenant University!

Was this in your agreement?

Hearing so many similar stories about this same institution makes one assume that there could be some kind of binding agreement parents sign when they enrol their wards.

If that is so, such agreements would have to be respected.

If it stipulates that students should carry around pocket bibles and submit themselves for pregnancy tests before exams...

...Well, as they say in the streets, "Agreement is Agreement"

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Suspends Final Year Students For Missing Easter Programme by Extrazee: 4:16pm On Apr 25, 2017
Shush! This happens when you decide to finish your higher education in a glorified secondary school. What you see is what you get.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Suspends Final Year Students For Missing Easter Programme by opara28(m): 4:16pm On Apr 25, 2017
Glorified secondary school

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Final Year Students For Missing Easter Programme by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 25, 2017
If this is True . then Shame to the School!! . #spits

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Suspends Final Year Students For Missing Easter Programme by TINALETC3(f): 4:17pm On Apr 25, 2017
grin

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Covenant University Suspends Final Year Students For Missing Easter Programme by zainabxel(f): 4:17pm On Apr 25, 2017
lol
Re: Covenant University Suspends Final Year Students For Missing Easter Programme by fabuloz1(m): 4:17pm On Apr 25, 2017
shocked
Re: Covenant University Suspends Final Year Students For Missing Easter Programme by Lordsocrates: 4:17pm On Apr 25, 2017
long story short, it all boils down to the agreement they had, in the school manual, if it is statted that a student can be suspended for it..and they agreed to it, then, we can't help it.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Suspends Final Year Students For Missing Easter Programme by yankeedude(m): 4:17pm On Apr 25, 2017
All these church schools sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Suspends Final Year Students For Missing Easter Programme by bumi10(m): 4:19pm On Apr 25, 2017
this one na common secondary school

i can assure u that

4 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Final Year Students For Missing Easter Programme by Howmon: 4:19pm On Apr 25, 2017
For a minute I thought we're talking about a university and not a secondary school.

Get a good lawyer.

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Final Year Students For Missing Easter Programme by AbakalikiPress: 4:19pm On Apr 25, 2017
Private secondary school.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Final Year Students For Missing Easter Programme by sladimeji(m): 4:19pm On Apr 25, 2017
I refuse to believe

On my way to report to buhari

12 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Final Year Students For Missing Easter Programme by NOC1(m): 4:19pm On Apr 25, 2017
what if i am not a christian in that school?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Suspends Final Year Students For Missing Easter Programme by fitzrichard4u(m): 4:20pm On Apr 25, 2017
Ayam not understanding. WTF
Re: Covenant University Suspends Final Year Students For Missing Easter Programme by lemolemo: 4:20pm On Apr 25, 2017
It serves the student and parents right. With the institution being in the news all time for over strictness, must you study there ?

8 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Final Year Students For Missing Easter Programme by Slimbideb: 4:20pm On Apr 25, 2017
Dis must b a joke
Re: Covenant University Suspends Final Year Students For Missing Easter Programme by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 25, 2017
Sad, but if that's what the rules says, so be it.

10 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Final Year Students For Missing Easter Programme by ideaz: 4:20pm On Apr 25, 2017
My cousin was among them though not in penultimate year.

Many who did not offend were affected like my little cousin. Something has gone wrong with their data but who pays for that? The parents I suppose.

8 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Final Year Students For Missing Easter Programme by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 25, 2017
Very sad. I am not sure the jews and arabs took religion as seriously and devotedly as nigerians do.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Suspends Final Year Students For Missing Easter Programme by chiefolododo(m): 4:21pm On Apr 25, 2017
C
Re: Covenant University Suspends Final Year Students For Missing Easter Programme by Enemyofpeace: 4:22pm On Apr 25, 2017
Wetin una go find for dat glorified secondary school?i will rather go to Dino melaye university in kaduna than go to this una secondary school. Na una I blame jo

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Copied In All But Caught In None", Graduate's Sign Out Picture Surfaces Online / NDU Students Escaping From Amassoma Through Forest And River / How I Emerged Best UTME Candidate With 360 Score - Umeh Nkechinyere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.