Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,279 members, 7,957,707 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:56 PM

Court Asks Attempted Suicide Woman To Go For Psychiatric Test. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Court Asks Attempted Suicide Woman To Go For Psychiatric Test. (457 Views)

Apex Court Asks RBI To Restrain Sale And Purchase Of Bitcoins / Cases Of SUICIDE And Attempted SUICIDE In Nigeria;possible Solutions / COLD BLOODED KILLER: Kalu To Undergo Psychiatric Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Court Asks Attempted Suicide Woman To Go For Psychiatric Test. by uneeking(m): 3:48pm On Apr 25, 2017
I was humbly relaxing at a News Stand this morning “browsing” some newspapers alongside some other “regular” customers of the place when one young man suddenly blurted out the following sentence “This country (Nigeria) keeps making the headlines these days for the “wrongest” reasons.

Before I could try to piece together what he actually meant by that sentence, another person added his own voice by saying “Nna, I am not understanding this country anymore”.

At that point in time I decided to check what story they were talking about only to find out it was that of a woman who tried to jump into the Lagos Lagoon recently.

It was immediately clearer to me why the two gentlemen were that angry with the state of the nation as at this point in time. A day hardly passes by now without one hearing about one scandal or the other somewhere in Nigeria.

If a doctor is not jumping into the Lagos Lagoon, some millions of illicit dollars are being found “relaxing” in a house that suddenly has become “ownerless” overnight. When you try getting over that, another set of stolen or “padded” monies in various international currencies are being found in an underground and well ventilated “bunker” and so on.

Lest I forget, the woman in question in that newspaper article was actually reported to have tried to jump into the Lagos Lagoon from the same Third Mainland Bridge where the now Late Doctor Allwell Orji did his own fatal jump a few weeks back. This time around however, the Police somehow rescued this lady before she could take the plunge.

More @ http://uneekomunikations.com/wp/uneekomunikations-court-asks-attempted-suicide-woman-to-go-for-psychiatric-test/

(1) (Reply)

How A Facebooker Celebrated His Friend On His Birthday! / Tinubu Fails To Show Up For Boxing Bout Against Holyfield / Video: Oh Dear! Davido Takes A Swipe At Residents Of 1004

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.