Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,733 members, 7,827,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

What Love Should Actually Be - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Love Should Actually Be (239 Views)

Why You Should Actually Stop Paying Your Tithe! / What's Love? / Five Ways That You Might Actually Be Blocking God's Blessings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Love Should Actually Be by hisunfailinglov: 5:21pm On Apr 25, 2017
‘The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.’

John 1 vs 4

I often wonder how accurate this particular verse is in today’s world. After-all we live in an age wherein evil acts of terrorism are committed across the world on a daily basis – children, mothers, parents – mercilessly slaughtered in the name of a so-called Jihad.

Thieves and murderers are lauded for their riches on a daily basis, implying the distinct irrelevance of how wealth is gained.

This is an age in which decadence has become the norm for those that can afford it, and an envious desire for the many that can’t. A world wherein people no longer marry for love but for status and financial security. An age in which we judge ourselves not according to who God created us to be, but by what society perceives or expects us to be.

So I find myself asking;

“Are we sure the darkness has not overcome the Light?”

http://www.hisunfailinglove.org/2017/04/24/light-will-always-overcome-darkness/

(1) (Reply)

Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! / Harvest Of Foolishness / Never Condemned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.