Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,202 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

NYSC Medical Certificate: Is HIV Test Compulsory For Prospective Corps Members? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Medical Certificate: Is HIV Test Compulsory For Prospective Corps Members? (25988 Views)

Prospective Corps Members Appeal To NYSC To Reopen Camp / Stop Forging NYSC Medical Results Please / NYSC 2017 Batch A: Important Changes For Prospective Corp Members (2) (3) (4)

NYSC Medical Certificate: Is HIV Test Compulsory For Prospective Corps Members? by olafunny(m): 7:50pm On Apr 25, 2017
Hello Nairalanders,

I've heard a lot of conflicting information on the requirement of medical certificate during camp registration. I know it's necessary so i did mine at My state's Civil Service Hospital. There are 5 test results on the certificate which are:

PCV
Urinalysis
Vision
Blood group
Genotype

But where i got it all confused was when i heard that there should also be HIV and STD test results on the certificate cry. Also heard that the tests must be done at a federal government hospital. Don't forget i did mine at State hospital.
Now I'm confused. Pls those with experience,
What are tests to be done?
Should there be HIV and STD tests?
And lastly, must it be at the Federal Government Hospital alone?

Re: NYSC Medical Certificate: Is HIV Test Compulsory For Prospective Corps Members? by Homogeneositys(f): 8:23pm On Apr 25, 2017
HIV and chest xray, ECG test must be there

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NYSC Medical Certificate: Is HIV Test Compulsory For Prospective Corps Members? by efemena23: 2:40am On Apr 26, 2017
olafunny:
Hello Nairalanders,

I've heard a lot of conflicting information on the requirement of medical certificate during camp registration. I know it's necessary so i did mine at My state's Civil Service Hospital. There are 5 test results on the certificate which are:

PCV
Urinalysis
Vision
Blood group
Genotype

But where i got it all confused was when i heard that there should also be HIV and STD test results on the certificate cry. Also heard that the tests must be done at a federal government hospital. Don't forget i did mine at State hospital.
Now I'm confused. Pls those with experience,
What are tests to be done?
Should there be HIV and STD tests?
And lastly, must it be at the Federal Government Hospital alone?

Lalasticlala mynd44 seun

one is not even certain what tests should be on the fitness certificate. there is suppose to be an instruction in this regards on their website. But there is non. the mata sef haf tire me. one shouldn't go and do one now and then on arriving camp, you are told stories that hurts! pls guys we need concrete info on this thing. anyone please?

Re: NYSC Medical Certificate: Is HIV Test Compulsory For Prospective Corps Members? by olafunny(m): 6:37am On Apr 26, 2017
I don't know y no one dey respond oo. lalasticlala abeg help do the needful

Re: NYSC Medical Certificate: Is HIV Test Compulsory For Prospective Corps Members? by heisenbergheise(m): 9:41am On Apr 26, 2017
Don't know what's the fitness report contain
Someone who has done his /her nysc before could help us
Out.. ..

Me no won make mistake oooo
No room for error

Re: NYSC Medical Certificate: Is HIV Test Compulsory For Prospective Corps Members? by smartty68(m): 9:41am On Apr 26, 2017
NYSC and its prerequisites!!!

But what values is this NYSC sef

Anyway...

Re: NYSC Medical Certificate: Is HIV Test Compulsory For Prospective Corps Members? by Homeboiy: 9:42am On Apr 26, 2017
Why u de fear?
U carry HIV

Re: NYSC Medical Certificate: Is HIV Test Compulsory For Prospective Corps Members? by nairaman66(m): 9:42am On Apr 26, 2017
Way to go!
Re: NYSC Medical Certificate: Is HIV Test Compulsory For Prospective Corps Members? by legendte(m): 9:42am On Apr 26, 2017
Abstinence remains the best solution.

OP your ways are hunting your mind.

90% of Nigerian youths are always scared of test.

What's your problem if they include or do it in the moon or sun?

Abi you want go manipulate am for private hospital.

Say No to amorous life because the 30 minutes enjoyment doesn't worth it.
Modified: The advice is for everyone including me.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Medical Certificate: Is HIV Test Compulsory For Prospective Corps Members? by Nusdaniel10(m): 9:43am On Apr 26, 2017
Yes of course.
Only God knows what holds ahead.
HIV is real and it kills

Re: NYSC Medical Certificate: Is HIV Test Compulsory For Prospective Corps Members? by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 26, 2017
when my sister told me, I was like new development but that is the truth

Re: NYSC Medical Certificate: Is HIV Test Compulsory For Prospective Corps Members? by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 26, 2017
You carry am for body?
Re: NYSC Medical Certificate: Is HIV Test Compulsory For Prospective Corps Members? by Launcher: 9:43am On Apr 26, 2017
I don't understand, is it that anyone who is positive would not be allowed to go for the program or will the result be on notice boards so other members would know who to roll with and who not to?

Re: NYSC Medical Certificate: Is HIV Test Compulsory For Prospective Corps Members? by Arewa12: 9:44am On Apr 26, 2017
Yes now
Abi bros you dey fear ni....

Check out the Trending and Beautiful Asymmetrical Bob

http://hairstyle27..com/2017/04/trending-and-beautiful-asymmetrical-bob.html?m=1
Re: NYSC Medical Certificate: Is HIV Test Compulsory For Prospective Corps Members? by sonymax16(m): 9:45am On Apr 26, 2017
Hiv test result is part of medical fitness test which you will have to do in most govt and military hospitals. Though, when given the fitness certificate, your hiv test result will not appear on it.

#ondobatchbcorper

Re: NYSC Medical Certificate: Is HIV Test Compulsory For Prospective Corps Members? by bumi10(m): 9:46am On Apr 26, 2017
it should be ooo

because alot of s.ex goes on in those camps abeg

come to think of it, why are you afraid of HIV and STD test?

what are you now telling us?

Re: NYSC Medical Certificate: Is HIV Test Compulsory For Prospective Corps Members? by ajalawole(m): 9:47am On Apr 26, 2017
Homeboiy:
Why u de fear?
U carry HIV
e no dey show for face na cheesy cheesy

Re: NYSC Medical Certificate: Is HIV Test Compulsory For Prospective Corps Members? by coolestchris(m): 9:48am On Apr 26, 2017
moderator Why u hide my posts , many people don't still have fitness certificate and I dropped my number to help them and u r hiding my number and posts

Re: NYSC Medical Certificate: Is HIV Test Compulsory For Prospective Corps Members? by madgoat(m): 9:48am On Apr 26, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: NYSC Medical Certificate: Is HIV Test Compulsory For Prospective Corps Members? by Prazmira(m): 9:48am On Apr 26, 2017
I think if the NYSC needs medical fitness report, all you need do is go to any federal medical center, buy a card and go through the OPD and tell them what you want to do. The Dr that is in charge of that knows exactly what to do, I mean the tests for medical fitness.

Re: NYSC Medical Certificate: Is HIV Test Compulsory For Prospective Corps Members? by GoldenJAT(m): 9:48am On Apr 26, 2017
lol...fear de o
Re: NYSC Medical Certificate: Is HIV Test Compulsory For Prospective Corps Members? by tosynomolara(f): 9:48am On Apr 26, 2017
Not sure
Re: NYSC Medical Certificate: Is HIV Test Compulsory For Prospective Corps Members? by martphreak(m): 9:48am On Apr 26, 2017
go do am for Fed hospital n try do all the test that way u r safer

Re: NYSC Medical Certificate: Is HIV Test Compulsory For Prospective Corps Members? by Afam4eva(m): 9:49am On Apr 26, 2017
No, it's not.

Re: NYSC Medical Certificate: Is HIV Test Compulsory For Prospective Corps Members? by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 26, 2017
LOL no.
First of all it must be a government hospital, and it doesn't matter if it's a state or Federal hospital. It however must not be a private hospital.
And you don't need to do HIV/ other STDs tests although the type of tests required wasn't specified( during our time sha).
The medical certificate is essentially to show goodness of fit, that you're healthy enough to undertake the rigorous camp activities without breaking down or.... dying lipsrsealed

Re: NYSC Medical Certificate: Is HIV Test Compulsory For Prospective Corps Members? by ajalawole(m): 9:49am On Apr 26, 2017
bumi10:
it should be ooo

because alot of s.ex goes on in those camps abeg
so if its +, his result will be made public in the camp abi sad. The way some people reason self. Sha NYSC don turn to sex gathering abi
Re: NYSC Medical Certificate: Is HIV Test Compulsory For Prospective Corps Members? by jeeqaa7(m): 9:49am On Apr 26, 2017
my dear... a lot of quickies,skinny dipping and oral knacking goes on in the camp ... so its just in your interest

a lot of virgins have come back from camps as aristos ....

Re: NYSC Medical Certificate: Is HIV Test Compulsory For Prospective Corps Members? by djjosh(m): 9:50am On Apr 26, 2017
IS WAH OH!IS WAH OH!IS WAH OH!

NYSC Batch C 2014 Online Registration Better and stress free / Some Changes In The 2014 BATCH 'B' Orientation Course / NYSC: Batch A 2020 Call Up Letter Is Out