Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,935 members, 7,952,770 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:39 PM

Two Brazilians Arrested In Lagos For Carrying 23 Kilos Of Cocaine (pictured) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Brazilians Arrested In Lagos For Carrying 23 Kilos Of Cocaine (pictured) (42048 Views)

Emmanuel Ifeanyi Orwunnah: 2 Brazilians Arrested In Turkey Over Murder / U.S. Coast Guard Chases Submarine Carrying ₦84Billion Worth Of Cocaine(Pic/Vids) / Turkish Police Arrest Nigerian With 5 Kilos Of Cocaine At Ataturk Airport(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Brazilians Arrested In Lagos For Carrying 23 Kilos Of Cocaine (pictured) by ovokooo: 9:52pm On Apr 25, 2017
Officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) in Lagos have arrested two Brazilians who together attempted to smuggle over 23kg of cocaine into the country.

Dias Dos Santos Marcia Cristina, 36, was found with 9.4kg of cocaine in her bag and Lima Pereira Erick Diego, 20, had 14.465kg of cocaine in his bag. The duo, who traveled from São Paulo, claimed to be tourists.

Mitchell Ofoyeju, spokesperson for NDLEA, said in a statement that the drugs were carefully hidden in food cans inside their luggage. The cocaine has an estimated street value of N310 million.

Mr. Ofoyeju said that it was the first the NDLEA arrested Brazilians with cocaine at the Lagos airport. However, he explained that the Nigeria-Brazil cocaine trafficking route has gained notoriety over the years.

The cocaine was concealed inside tin food cans “The tins were factory-sealed such that officers had to cut them open to discover the concealed drugs. Several canned drugs had been uncovered at the Lagos airport in the past,” Mr. Ofoyeju said.

Source: http://ovoko.com.ng/ndlea-arrests-2-brazilians-23-kilograms-cocaine-lagos-airport-pics/

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Two Brazilians Arrested In Lagos For Carrying 23 Kilos Of Cocaine (pictured) by Epositive(m): 9:54pm On Apr 25, 2017
mmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Brazilians Arrested In Lagos For Carrying 23 Kilos Of Cocaine (pictured) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Apr 25, 2017
Our government won't pronounce death sentences on them because they're white..

so why should I bother myself about this news? undecided

oh look at that woman in the first pics, she's even smiling

who knows whether our leaders gave them a multimillion naira job rather than throwing them in the prison

oh Lamar! cry

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Two Brazilians Arrested In Lagos For Carrying 23 Kilos Of Cocaine (pictured) by zico530(m): 10:02pm On Apr 25, 2017
Oyibo self don enter the struggle for survival.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Brazilians Arrested In Lagos For Carrying 23 Kilos Of Cocaine (pictured) by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 25, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Two Brazilians Arrested In Lagos For Carrying 23 Kilos Of Cocaine (pictured) by Tazdroid(m): 10:21pm On Apr 25, 2017
Are those imbeciles actually smiling in their snapshots? undecided undecided shows no remorse. E b like say dem no know d kain yawa wey dem don enter

O boy, see d size of d cocaine! Like dat 5 kg Honeywell semolina wey we dey buy sometimes

25 Likes

Re: Two Brazilians Arrested In Lagos For Carrying 23 Kilos Of Cocaine (pictured) by liftedhigh: 10:21pm On Apr 25, 2017
Ok
Na Wah o! Dis girl get mind o, but what will Nigerian Govt do to dem cos if it is d other way round dey will giv us a strict penalty...

2 Likes

Re: Two Brazilians Arrested In Lagos For Carrying 23 Kilos Of Cocaine (pictured) by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 25, 2017
hmm.. i doubt if they'll be punished accordingly... Niger too like eye service

5 Likes

Re: Two Brazilians Arrested In Lagos For Carrying 23 Kilos Of Cocaine (pictured) by Opakan2: 10:23pm On Apr 25, 2017
Times have changed..

na Igbos dey kose wole now.. they now buy market from brazil

6 Likes

Re: Two Brazilians Arrested In Lagos For Carrying 23 Kilos Of Cocaine (pictured) by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 25, 2017
Since their country dey catch us when we carry am enter, Mek dem bring am to us naa. grin

2 Likes

Re: Two Brazilians Arrested In Lagos For Carrying 23 Kilos Of Cocaine (pictured) by beautiful232(f): 10:23pm On Apr 25, 2017
for real?
Re: Two Brazilians Arrested In Lagos For Carrying 23 Kilos Of Cocaine (pictured) by smartty68(m): 10:23pm On Apr 25, 2017
They're tired of developing their country... They want to continue the development in Naija grin

44 Likes

Re: Two Brazilians Arrested In Lagos For Carrying 23 Kilos Of Cocaine (pictured) by KKKWHITE(m): 10:23pm On Apr 25, 2017
Ncans will be very disappointed

11 Likes

Re: Two Brazilians Arrested In Lagos For Carrying 23 Kilos Of Cocaine (pictured) by tintingz(m): 10:24pm On Apr 25, 2017
See them smiling, if na Malaysia now Una no go smile.

12 Likes

Re: Two Brazilians Arrested In Lagos For Carrying 23 Kilos Of Cocaine (pictured) by ileogbenfidel(m): 10:24pm On Apr 25, 2017
Bad people

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Two Brazilians Arrested In Lagos For Carrying 23 Kilos Of Cocaine (pictured) by AbakalikiPress: 10:24pm On Apr 25, 2017
They came to supply it to their Nigerian middlemen who are most probably IGBOS waiting somewhere in a Lagos hotel, who will then further convey it to the drug markets of Asia such as Mumbai, Thailand, Indonesia and Cambodia.

It is a complex business chain, and my Igbo brothers over here are the bottom feeders at the end of the chain. AKA (Street mules)
Don't ask me how I know these things. wink
Just help me thank God for my life, I am now into legitimate business. smiley

To my brother quoted me below, the truth is that we Igbos might like to blame Yorubas as much as we like, or bury or heads in the sand pretending there is no problem among our Eastern Youth. But there is a big fire on the mountain among our people. And someone needs to speak out.

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Two Brazilians Arrested In Lagos For Carrying 23 Kilos Of Cocaine (pictured) by Fabulosdave01: 10:24pm On Apr 25, 2017
Oyinbo sef follow hustle

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Brazilians Arrested In Lagos For Carrying 23 Kilos Of Cocaine (pictured) by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 25, 2017
Why are they smiling?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Brazilians Arrested In Lagos For Carrying 23 Kilos Of Cocaine (pictured) by lokotowers(m): 10:25pm On Apr 25, 2017
On ur way to kirikiri...

1 Like

Re: Two Brazilians Arrested In Lagos For Carrying 23 Kilos Of Cocaine (pictured) by Chanchit: 10:26pm On Apr 25, 2017
Foxyn:

so why should I bother about this news? undecided

Na so una dey rant nonsense rant. Does the law in Nigeria say they would kill you when you are caught with drugs? Our people know the laws of the countries before smuggling drugs to where they they would be beheaded. So stop crying.

11 Likes

Re: Two Brazilians Arrested In Lagos For Carrying 23 Kilos Of Cocaine (pictured) by Franzinni: 10:26pm On Apr 25, 2017
Their smiles says it all.... They know this is just for show.... They are going back home with the money they were promised for bringing it here.... Even a novice knows not to carry drugs in their own bag so for them to carry.... They must have oga at the top....

9 Likes

Re: Two Brazilians Arrested In Lagos For Carrying 23 Kilos Of Cocaine (pictured) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Apr 25, 2017
AbakalikiPress:
They came to supply it to their Nigerian middlemen who are most probably EEBOS waiting somewhere in a Lagos hotel room, who will then further convey it to the drug markets of Asia such as Mumbai, Thailand, Indonesia and Cambodia.

It is a quite complex business chain.
Don't ask me how I know. wink
Its from airport to buruji kashamu house-Tinubu house-To a Yoruba muslim-saudi arabia-The remaining will be taking to UK by a Yoruba person...Its pure sense I mean common sense..The reason they are smiling is because they know kashamu and tinubu got there back...Yes I mean the jagaban of drug dealers..

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Two Brazilians Arrested In Lagos For Carrying 23 Kilos Of Cocaine (pictured) by Lilimax(f): 10:26pm On Apr 25, 2017
Omg! Indonesia death by hanging comes to my mind embarassed
Re: Two Brazilians Arrested In Lagos For Carrying 23 Kilos Of Cocaine (pictured) by Pavore9: 10:26pm On Apr 25, 2017
Foxyn:

so why should I bother about this news? undecided

Is death sentence pronounced on Nigerians who are caught with drugs on arrival or about to depart Nigeria?

17 Likes

Re: Two Brazilians Arrested In Lagos For Carrying 23 Kilos Of Cocaine (pictured) by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 25, 2017
Opakan2:
Times have changed..
na Igbos dey kose wole now.. they now buy market from brazil
Tinubu boys and girls..

12 Likes

Re: Two Brazilians Arrested In Lagos For Carrying 23 Kilos Of Cocaine (pictured) by Eggcelent(m): 10:27pm On Apr 25, 2017
Good Job Done By NDLEA. Which its officials can do more to curb cultivation & consumption of Indian hemp in the country

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alfa Kidnaps And Rapes Dubai Returnee In Lagos, For Five Months (photo) / Driver Strips Unclad After FRSC Officials Seized His Car(pics) / Swiss-Cameroonian Man Kills His 3 Children (Very Graphic Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.