Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

House Job Or Househelp - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / House Job Or Househelp (356 Views)

House Job At FMC Ekiti / Federal Medical Central LOKOJA Internship /house Job Vacancies / Do you need HouseHelp,Nanny? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

House Job Or Househelp by drsure(f): 11:16pm On Apr 25, 2017
hello......

i go by the name mr S....
House job is the period where newly graduated doctors has to practice under supervision for a period of one year before getting their permanent license...

i want to talk about some of the ills of a houseman....
being a compulsory program first it should be well regulated but that has not been the case since onset...

well, that is not what the article is about, its mainly about the constant threat for extension in some centres...

I heard of a centre who extended a house officer because he did not collect the senior registrars call meal for him..like can you imagine...
a centre in the east , i heard extended a house officer because he came to a morning meeting 5 minutes late when he was on call till 8am that day..
i heard of a centre in azare..lols yes you heard well, deep north extending a house officer because they asked her a medical question she could not reply to, like is it an exam..haba
i can go on and on but whats the point..
the medical elders should please stand up and fight for this young proffessionals ..

they should be specific outlined training manual of house men... like what is expected of you and what is not expected...

there should be specific reasons outlined for extension and other punishments as some facillities now use that as a means of extra work without pay...

some centres put you on crazy call routines where you are overworked and exhausted and yet still unfair to you...

would really appreciate if lalasticlala and seun could help push this up.... who knows who it might reach

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Sleep And Reduce Pains Caused By POP On My Leg / 3 Essential Oils For Treating Asthma / Understanding Bad Body Odours (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.