Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,845 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

Breaking News: Kwasu Students Riot At The E-library Examination Hall - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Breaking News: Kwasu Students Riot At The E-library Examination Hall (1218 Views)

KWASU Students Cry Out Against Extortion By School / Riot At University Of Agriculture Makurdi After An Accident (Graphic Photos) / Seating Arrangement In Examination Hall In UNIABUJA (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Kwasu Students Riot At The E-library Examination Hall by NaijaSwap(m): 3:27am On Apr 26, 2017
It was an unbelievable saga on the 25 day of April 2017 at exactly minutes after 6 P.M when 100 and Direct entry level students that were scheduled for a GNS 106 exam at the University's e-library spranged up a riot due to the inability of the e-library facilities to cater for not less than 5,000 students present at the CBT hall. The students who had been asked to queue under a canopy at the venue complained of misconduct on the side of the exam officials when they started to pick student randomly based on discrete conditions. At exactly minutes after 6 P.M over 1000 students who are yet write the Computer based Assessment at the CBT Hall rioted against the authority by throwing stones and assaulting the University's security and staffs at the venue.

According to students at the venue, whose name won't be mention for reasons best known to us.

"I was at the venue as early as 10 A.M and was unable to near the entrance until after 2 P.M when I fainted, and was brought to the school clinic"

A Female Student (Clinic).

"we were asked to queue inside the sun for hours and nothing was done, until some staffs came to the venue and started taking female students in, I think that was the reason why students picked stone and fight against them"

Direct Entry student.

Students that got injured at the venue were survived by the school ambulance to the clinic and where currently being attended to, some of whom were seriously injured and the entire student community are still praying for their survival.

Efforts to reach out to the school officials at the venue proved futile as none of them picked up their calls nor reply messages.

*The Reason for the E-Library examination riot at Kwara State University*

Assuming the e-library have 150 working computer system for the Computer Based Assessment at the University Hall, and roughly they were able to run the exam for 10 hours in a day (8 A.M to 8 P.M *with 2 hours miscellaneous*), just 2571 students will be opportune to attempt the test if its 35 minutes per test.

*Cross-check the Break Down*

There is 600 minutes in 10 hours, while 600 divided by 35 (Test Duration) equals 17.14, if we are to multiply the number of 35 minutes by 150 laptops equals 2571, thus not even half of the admitted student for the 2016/2017 academic session will be allowed to write the assessment.

*Why I think Kwara State University lacks managerial ability and proper forecasting*

Kwara state university as an academic firm whose main goal is to provide an hitch free learning environment should as well look forward to a conducive assessment environment by making sure their facilities are more than enough to cater for the pool of students they admitted into the university, or preferably reschedule the examination time table in such a way that none of the examinations will clash nor examination halls. It should be noted that students of the university in the past were awarded automatic carry overs over *Time table clashing*. The University should deem it fit to define an indirectly accurate exam time table that won't hinder the students rate of success, even if the school management intend to send student away they should do so strategically and not through stringent exam fixtures.

*How on earth will Kwasu assess over 5000 students in 10 Hours with just 150 laptops (Assumption) ?*
Re: Breaking News: Kwasu Students Riot At The E-library Examination Hall by emotions1: 4:03am On Apr 26, 2017
Make una fight kill una sef....

Who send una...
So should we fry beans undecided

Abegi......
Next topic please.
Re: Breaking News: Kwasu Students Riot At The E-library Examination Hall by Nobody: 6:00am On Apr 26, 2017
Some school management are simply wicked kawai

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Kwasu Students Riot At The E-library Examination Hall by oyatmicah(m): 6:01am On Apr 26, 2017
Its about time already, dat school is just cursed and believe me i am speaking feom experience after dey wasted my time for almost 2 years in dat sch, dey came up with a cock nd bull story nd had to leave d sch. Thousands of students like me were treated badly for their own mistakes and dey lied to us dat we made late payments even when evidences showed dat we didnt. Go and ask dose students who were affected back in 2012.
Several hundreds of students were asked to even take dia foundation school to be re admitted back to d system bt had to pay over 400k nd still dey were not admitted back bt dey all had to took jamb.
All they know how to do is steal ur money.
I tank God today sha for God's intervention by bringing unilorin to my aid.
Kwasu, i will later sue d hell outta u, just wait

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Kwasu Students Riot At The E-library Examination Hall by spanzed(m): 6:36am On Apr 26, 2017
Thats what happens when a school admits more than its carrying capacity....
And to think of it kwara state of all states would have syphoned the money to purchase laptops for examinations.
Re: Breaking News: Kwasu Students Riot At The E-library Examination Hall by spanzed(m): 6:38am On Apr 26, 2017
oyatmicah:
Its about time already, dat school is just cursed and believe me i am speaking feom experience after dey wasted my time for almost 2 years in dat sch, dey came up with a cock nd bull story nd had to leave d sch. Thousands of students like me were treated badly for their own mistakes and dey lied to us dat we made late payments even when evidences showed dat we didnt. Go and ask dose students who were affected back in 2012.
Several hundreds of students were asked to even take dia foundation school to be re admitted back to d system bt had to pay over 400k nd still dey were not admitted back bt dey all had to took jamb.
All they know how to do is steal ur money.
I tank God today sha for God's intervention by bringing unilorin to my aid.
Kwasu, i will later sue d hell outta u, just wait
lol....
Forgive and forget my brother
Re: Breaking News: Kwasu Students Riot At The E-library Examination Hall by oyatmicah(m): 7:23am On Apr 26, 2017
spanzed:
lol....
Forgive and forget my brother
Lol
I av been trying all dis years bt considering d years i spents searching for admission, nt coming frm a wealthy home nd d pain my mama had to go tru to get all dose money dey requested for both sch fees payment and all d oda payments too amounting to almost or more than 300k, bcoming dia best student and dey still denied me my course of choice out of hatred and politics.
I pray my heart forgives dem b4 I ....

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Kwasu Students Riot At The E-library Examination Hall by NaijaSwap(m): 9:35pm On Apr 26, 2017
kwasu sha

(1) (Reply)

Cows Chase Pupils, Teachers Out Of Classrooms In Edo (photos) / Yabatech Admission Guide / Unilorin Cut Off Mark 2017-2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.