Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Nollywood And Other Woods - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood And Other Woods (406 Views)

Latest Nollywood And Africa Movies - Trailers, Behind The Scenes, Comedy Etc. / How To Join The Nollywood And Become A Nigeria Actor Or Actress / Ugah Undiluted: Nigerian Director Talks South African Films, Nollywood And ..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood And Other Woods by Shalombrain: 7:00am On Apr 26, 2017
woods
By Adebola Shalom - April 22, 2017017

A few years ago I was telling my brother about how Nollywood was ranked as the second largest market in the movie industry all over the world and like any average Nigerian will, he argued vehemently against it. He just couldn’t accept the fact that Nigeria could be second at anything worldwide not to talk of the movie industry.

He mentioned Hollywood, Bollywood and the likes and asked where they ranked on the list, I told him they were all at the top three alongside Nollywood. It took me explaining to him that we were ranked second not because of the quality of our movies nor the value of our industry but for the revenue generated from the hundreds of movies being produced every year.

Nollywood produces hundreds of movies every year

Nollywood produces hundreds of movies per year mainly due to the low budgets these movies are produced on thereby gaining in alot of revenue just behind Bollywood which produces more and has a larger audience twice as......

Read More: http://abspad.com/nollywood-and-other-woods/

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Watch The Voice Nigeria On Nairaland. / The Game Defends “all Eyez On Me” Amid Harsh Criticism / What Are The Criteria One Should Have Before He/she Go For Mtn Projectfame?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.