Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,398 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

I Want To Quit This Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Quit This Marriage (9199 Views)

Check Out This Marriage Picture. / Can I Survive This Marriage / Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Quit This Marriage by womanissu: 4:44pm On Jan 05, 2010
PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE.

WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR ALMOST 4 YEARS NOW.BUT WE CANNT STAY TOGETHER FOR 24 HOURS WITHOUT ISSUES I.E. FIGHTING.SHE INSULTS ME EVERY NOW AND THEN AT THE SLIGHTEST PROVOCATION.WORSE STILL IS THAT SHE CURSES ME, WHICH TO ME IS THE MOST ANNOYING.ALL SORT OF VERY SERIOUS CURSES OVER  ISSUES.

EVERY YEAR END I WILL CALL HER THAT I CANNT TOLERATE HER CURSES THIS NEW YEAR.SHE CANT EVEN GUARANTEE THAT SHE WONT CAURSE ME THIS NEW YEAR.IF NOT FOR GOD MY LIFE WOULD HAVE BEEN VERY MISERABLE DUE TO HER INCENSANT CURSE ON ME.BUT WHAT I OBSERVED IS THAT SHE HAD NEVER MAKE THE MISTAKE OF CURSING OUR LITTLE DAUGHTER.I HAVE CONFRONTED HER WITH THIS FACT.AM NOT SATISFIED WITH HER EXPANATION.

SHE WOKE UP ONE MORNING ABOUT A WEEK AGO THAT IF I DONT ESTABLISH THE BUSINESS I PROMISED, SO SO AND CURSES,
AM REALLY FED UP WITH THE WHOLE THING.WE ARE LIKE STRANGERS----NO CLOSENESS AT ALL,NO INTIMACY AT ALL.ITS FIGHTING AND FIGHTING EVERYDAY.

AROUND OCTOBER,SHE WENT FOR HER BROTHERS WEDDING,ABOUT 30K OF MY MONEY WENT INTO IT.WHEN SHE CAME BACK THE THIRD DAY,SHE INSULTED ME THAT AM AN IDIOT THAT WHY DIDNT I CALL HER BROTHER ON SATURDAY WHEN EVRYBODY WAS CALLING HIM.
SO MANY ISSUES LIKE THAT.

I HAVE BEEN TELLING HER ALL ALONG I WANT TO QUIT BUT THIS TIME AROUND ITS LIKE MY MIND IT MADE UP.SHE DOESNT BELIEVE SHE IS WRONG IN ANYTHING.SHE HAD EVEN INSULTED MY MOTHER SHE NEVER KNEW IN HER GRACE.
BUT AM A XTIAN BUT AGAIN I CANT CONTINUE TO LIVE AN UNHAPPY LIFE WITH A CURSING WOMAN.WHAT DO I DO?
Re: I Want To Quit This Marriage by Kx: 4:47pm On Jan 05, 2010
, for better for worse.
Re: I Want To Quit This Marriage by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 05, 2010
Don't forget your vows, then take it to the Lord in prayer.

Best of luck man.
Re: I Want To Quit This Marriage by Fhemmmy: 7:26pm On Jan 05, 2010
If it aint working, get out while u have both legs.
It is not a do or die kinda things.

Good luck
Re: I Want To Quit This Marriage by tallgal(f): 7:34pm On Jan 05, 2010
Buy the book the 5 love languages from Amazon or wherever you can get it. It will help you understand your spouse better.

Secondly, you may have to be the bigger person and show her as much love in return as you would like to receive. Love is GIVE AND TAKE.

Thirdly, do you love this woman? Do you want the marriage to work? I've got news for you ALL marriages go through this stage. There is NO SUCH THING as 'a woman who won't give me headache' we ALL do at some point.

Have a heart-to-heart talk with her and ask her what you have done that is so upsetting. There is more to it than meets the eye.

You will need MEGA prayer, patience and maturity.

I am qualified to give this advice becuase the first 10 years of my marriage were like this and these are the steps that helped us.

Married 15 years this year, I won't be with any other person despite it all.

IT IS WELL.
Re: I Want To Quit This Marriage by tallgal(f): 7:38pm On Jan 05, 2010
Let me take a wild guess, is she form a rich family with very critical parents? Bear in mind that this background forms part of her personality. That may be where the talks about establishing businesses and spending money comes from. They must have set unreasonably high standards for themselves in that family. It will take TIME for her to come round to your way of thinking.

YOU also have work to do in prayer. Buy the power of a praying husband.
Re: I Want To Quit This Marriage by Fhemmmy: 8:19pm On Jan 05, 2010
So now, na by force a marriage has to work?
Re: I Want To Quit This Marriage by tallgal(f): 8:42pm On Jan 05, 2010
Well, you can quit, but you will keep quitting because at the smallest sign of a problem, you will leg it. This is not a problem they can't solve,other people have, so why can't they? I would rather be married than be moving fromm man to man, competing with much younger girls and playing petty games.

All I'm saying is ALL marriages have similar problems, those that claim to be happy have experienced this at some point or the other.What they have learnt is how to deal with each other and stop being selfish, learning to Give rather than expecting to RECEIVE all the time. You only put into it what you get it. anyone who tells you this isn't the cas is LYING.
Re: I Want To Quit This Marriage by tallgal(f): 8:46pm On Jan 05, 2010
It happened to me, we worked it out, now we're happy, only because we leant HOW to work it out. Otherwise, quit and then what do you do if the same situation arises again? Maybe there is something about YOU that needs to change?
Re: I Want To Quit This Marriage by Fhemmmy: 11:13pm On Jan 05, 2010
That is nice, however, in a marriage where the woman is cursing the man out, all cos he is yet to open a business for her?
That, to me, is pathetic.
Re: I Want To Quit This Marriage by chika98: 11:15pm On Jan 05, 2010
Where is your "part" in this story? Is she a lunatic? She just yells and screams without you saying anything to her? I am sure you engage in the name calling as well.
Re: I Want To Quit This Marriage by Fhemmmy: 11:17pm On Jan 05, 2010
chika98:

Where is your "part" in this story? Is she a lunatic? She just yells and screams without you saying anything to her? I am sure you engage in the name calling as well.

No one ought to curse the other, cos life and death lies in the tongue.
Re: I Want To Quit This Marriage by tallgal(f): 11:33pm On Jan 05, 2010
There are no rights or wrong Fhemmy, just two people who need to learn how to work with each other. We do it with our friends, family and at work, why not with our spouses?
Re: I Want To Quit This Marriage by Fhemmmy: 12:22am On Jan 06, 2010
tallgal:

There are no rights or wrong Fhemmy, just two people who need to learn how to work with each other. We do it with our friends, family and at work, why not with our spouses?

True Dat
Re: I Want To Quit This Marriage by amebono1: 1:21am On Jan 06, 2010
I dont wanna know who started cursing and all that, thats secondary,If marriage isnt working for you, move out
Re: I Want To Quit This Marriage by mamagee3(f): 1:22am On Jan 06, 2010
Quit the marriage and watch single women grab your husband. cheesy cheesy
Re: I Want To Quit This Marriage by CrudeOil2(m): 2:24pm On Jan 06, 2010
Leave the broad.
Re: I Want To Quit This Marriage by Aniody: 2:53pm On Jan 06, 2010
Leaving the marriage is not the solution to the problem, rember God hate divorce, sit you wife down, if she is doing anything cos she might be the type that doesnt like to be a full house wife, open the business for her and see a different person entirely. it happen to me until i got a job, we are happily married now and my family is growing happily both in number and finacially, i also recomend this book foe you to know her the more Why we Act the Way we do by Tim.
Re: I Want To Quit This Marriage by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 06, 2010
I'm married but i hardly sympatize with married couples.

Those whom 'jump' into marriage without studying carefully always have major issues.
I believe wholeheartedly that there are always signs, we just don't look carefully.

Anyway, you're in it till death. Please stay there.
It's always difficult to change another person, take it to God in prayers.
Re: I Want To Quit This Marriage by ifyalways(f): 5:32pm On Jan 06, 2010
Look at how this man painted his wife evil while he is the saint without a spot cheesy
Oga,since u are so innocent,gentle and true to ur wife,i suggest u endure everything,keep being patient,everything wud be alright.
Re: I Want To Quit This Marriage by Busybody2(f): 7:07pm On Jan 06, 2010
Was she like this from the start? What changed?

Lets assume you are not innocent in this matter and must have done something to provoke her, why does she have to curse her own daughter, her flesh and blood too undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: I Want To Quit This Marriage by johnkaro(m): 7:09pm On Jan 06, 2010
you said you are a Christian, you didn't us whether your wife is also a Christian or not. well that should have being established before you people go ahead for the marriage and now the marriage has lasted for 4 years and you said you want to quit. I want to sincerely let you and everybody in this section to know this, you as a man if any thing go wrong in your marriage you are the cause, because you are the head and if anything happen to the body is the head that is responsible for it. so in this case pls look at situation at hand critically and apply what God said in his word pertaining to this issue and also remember that all women are the same they only respond to what they see.

wish you all the luck
Re: I Want To Quit This Marriage by Nobody: 12:18am On Jan 07, 2010
Women who nag are unbearable. . .and they can also lie!!!!
Re: I Want To Quit This Marriage by SisiKill1: 12:26am On Jan 07, 2010
The only part i don't get is why you want her to curse your daughter. What did the poor child ever do to you that you think she deserves cursing for?

I gotta tell ya, i too will curse someone who asks me why i don't curse my child and will curse them even more if they tell me they aren't satisfied with my reasons.

Haba! angry
Re: I Want To Quit This Marriage by cold(m): 12:27am On Jan 07, 2010
woman_issu:

WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR ALMOST 4 YEARS NOW.BUT WE CANNT STAY TOGETHER FOR 24 HOURS WITHOUT ISSUES I.E. FIGHTING.SHE INSULTS ME EVERY NOW AND THEN AT THE SLIGHTEST PROVOCATION.WORSE STILL IS THAT SHE CURSES ME, WHICH TO ME IS THE MOST ANNOYING.ALL SORT OF VERY SERIOUS CURSES OVER  ISSUES.

EVERY YEAR END I WILL CALL HER THAT I CANNT TOLERATE HER CURSES THIS NEW YEAR.SHE CANT EVEN GUARANTEE THAT SHE WONT CAURSE ME THIS NEW YEAR.IF NOT FOR GOD MY LIFE WOULD HAVE BEEN VERY MISERABLE DUE TO HER INCENSANT CURSE ON ME.BUT WHAT I OBSERVED IS THAT SHE HAD NEVER MAKE THE MISTAKE OF CURSING OUR LITTLE DAUGHTER.I HAVE CONFRONTED HER WITH THIS FACT.AM NOT SATISFIED WITH HER EXPANATION.

SHE WOKE UP ONE MORNING ABOUT A WEEK AGO THAT IF I DONT ESTABLISH THE BUSINESS I PROMISED, SO SO AND CURSES,
AM REALLY FED UP WITH THE WHOLE THING.WE ARE LIKE STRANGERS----NO CLOSENESS AT ALL,NO INTIMACY AT ALL.ITS FIGHTING AND FIGHTING EVERYDAY.

AROUND OCTOBER,SHE WENT FOR HER BROTHERS WEDDING,ABOUT 30K OF MY MONEY WENT INTO IT.WHEN SHE CAME BACK THE THIRD DAY,SHE INSULTED ME THAT AM A SlowPoke THAT WHY DIDNT I CALL HER BROTHER ON SATURDAY WHEN EVRYBODY WAS CALLING HIM.

I HAVE BEEN TELLING HER ALL ALONG I WANT TO QUIT BUT THIS TIME AROUND ITS LIKE MY MIND IT MADE UP.SHE DOESNT BELIEVE SHE IS WRONG IN ANYTHING.SHE HAD EVEN INSULTED MY MOTHER SHE NEVER KNEW IN HER GRACE.
BUT AM A XTIAN BUT AGAIN I CANT CONTINUE TO LIVE AN UNHAPPY LIFE WITH A CURSING WOMAN.WHAT DO I DO?

Young man i hav 1 piece of advise for you-give it another 365 days & see whilst seekin counsellin,if it does not work-walk away.There's absolutely no rzn why a wife shld be rainin curses on the hubby,if u're not cheatin on her,hittin her unnecesarily,or facin up to ur responsibilities as the head of the house.If u hav fully satisfied urself that u're not found wantin in any of these qualities then try the 1 yr experience b4 breaking up.
Re: I Want To Quit This Marriage by amebono1: 12:39am On Jan 07, 2010
Like i said i dont care who provoked who and what the poster said to his wife to get her angry, all i know is that they need to get away from eachother , the woman insulting his mum in her grave and insulting him isnt worth 2 mins of his attention, abi una go say him mama wake from the dead come fight her, hence leading to the insult?

I can relate with why he said she does not insult their daughter, if she remembers to insult every member of his family and himself, how come she forgets to include her daughter? SIMPLY COS SHE KNOWS HOW POWERFUL CURSES ARE AND DOES NOT WANT IT TO AFFECT HER DAUGHTER, if she knows this, why is she still cursing?

Move out and run out of this marriage poster

Aniody:

Leaving the marriage is not the solution to the problem, rember God hate divorce, sit you wife down, if she is doing anything cos she might be the type that doesnt like to be a full house wife, open the business for her and see a different person entirely. it happen to me until i got a job, we are happily married now and my family is growing happily both in number and finacially, i also recomend this book foe you to know her the more Why we Act the Way we do by Tim.

What on earth is this, so if a man makes me his punching bag i should still sit my ass down with him in that house,until he kills me finally? who on earth is gonna train my kids? undecided
Re: I Want To Quit This Marriage by yeswecan(m): 12:42am On Jan 07, 2010
She does this, she does that, you are perfect i would imagine. Right from your story i could see you are the problem not your WIFE. You are even annoying from what you said ;why do you expect her to cause your child ? hmmmm, this proves you actually deserve her causes. You have to treat her nice, treat her like she is the most important thing on earth . Even the devil will act well when treated nice

I smell a nagging husband.
Re: I Want To Quit This Marriage by Sauron1: 12:46am On Jan 07, 2010
woman_issu:

AROUND OCTOBER,SHE WENT FOR HER BROTHERS WEDDING,ABOUT 30K OF MY MONEY WENT INTO IT.WHEN SHE CAME BACK THE THIRD DAY,SHE INSULTED ME THAT AM A SlowPoke THAT WHY DIDNT I CALL HER BROTHER ON SATURDAY WHEN EVRYBODY WAS CALLING HIM.

As a Christian, you need to persevere!!!
No one ever said marriage was an easy thing.

Be patient. cheesy
Re: I Want To Quit This Marriage by beejaei: 12:47am On Jan 07, 2010
Please leave if you can't take it anymore. I am Christian and I know Jesus does not support divorce, but in reality, with women like this it is emotional stress of the highest order. I know what I am saying. I have lived someone like that for almost twenty years, and trust me, I am still battling with the effects today. It is not about the potency of the curses, it is about the emotional abuse you go through from having a home that is always on fire. If she will not change i.e. if you believe that there is no sign of progress and if you do not want to live like this for the rest of your life, carry your two salu batas and run for your dear life.
Re: I Want To Quit This Marriage by TOPE20001(f): 12:48am On Jan 07, 2010
~Sauron~:

As a Christian, you need to persevere!!!
No one ever said marriage was an easy thing.

Be patient. cheesy

I knw sauron didnt write that bull . . .did he? must be the new yr grin

@post
Did u guys court before u got married?
did she just changed into this monster after u got married or she has always been like that? undecided
Re: I Want To Quit This Marriage by agabaI23(m): 12:48am On Jan 07, 2010
johnkaro:

you said you are a Christian, you didn't us whether your wife is also a Christian or not. well that should have being established before you people go ahead for the marriage and now the marriage has lasted for 4 years and you said you want to quit. I want to sincerely let you and everybody in this section to know this, you as a man if any thing go wrong in your marriage you are the cause, because you are the head and[b] if anything happen to the body is the head that is responsible for it[/b]. so in this case pls look at situation at hand critically and apply what God said in his word pertaining to this issue and also remember that all women are the same they only respond to what they see.

wish you all the luck   
Bro you try but do you mean that if anything go wrong in the church that Christ is responsible for it also?
So why would he reprimand the Churches in galatia, Ephesus etc (REV 2:4) if it was all his fault. Or is Christ not the head of the Church again?Take am easy de apply the bible jare.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The PROUD working woman AND MOTHER!!!!! Tribute To EDO-ITALIANS. AMADIN! / Questions For The Ladies / Do Women Change After Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.