Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

How Much Should A Professional Logo Design Cost? - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / How Much Should A Professional Logo Design Cost? (27114 Views)

Why Professional Logo Design Does Not Cost N2,000 / For Ur Professional Logo,t-shirt,card,banners Etc @ Affordable Price Enter Here / Need engaging social media designs for Instagram. tap these! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Should A Professional Logo Design Cost? by opalu: 6:07pm On Apr 27, 2017
Hmmm
Re: How Much Should A Professional Logo Design Cost? by Obdk: 6:17pm On Apr 27, 2017
CSNg:
We can design a custom logo like this for N5,000

So if i give u 5k. U go do dis tin give me. Wetin do my hand. Logo is free joor

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Professional Logo Design Cost? by CSNg: 6:19pm On Apr 27, 2017
Obdk:

So if i give u 5k. U go do dis tin give me. Wetin do my hand. Logo is free joor

Show us the one you have done and let's see
Re: How Much Should A Professional Logo Design Cost? by naturefellow(m): 6:24pm On Apr 27, 2017
Eye-opening post shocked
Re: How Much Should A Professional Logo Design Cost? by GuyfawkesAB(m): 6:38pm On Apr 27, 2017
Just what I charge @ 'bolded'
expert1:
How much you charge will be determined by the budget of your clients. A startup company in Nigeria would not pay high fee for logo creation.

So many designers do not even make 50k per day.

For a startup biz, logo should be a minimum of 10k or free but for a big biz, minimum is 50k
Re: How Much Should A Professional Logo Design Cost? by Student125(m): 7:12pm On Apr 27, 2017
it is true you can get free logo, in fact I have done more free jobs than paid but there is limit to what you get esp when there is no good relationship BTW you and the designer. As for canvas, I wish you luck if your fate lies with random suggestion by a machine.
Re: How Much Should A Professional Logo Design Cost? by maurizjavah(m): 7:47pm On Apr 27, 2017
Pls someone email the name of the best graphic software. I also need maya
Re: How Much Should A Professional Logo Design Cost? by bigcil2(m): 12:29am On Apr 28, 2017
Acidosis:
Using the current exchange rate is plainly wrong.

Why don't we use same analogy for Nigerian medical Doctors or Professors?

Any Nigerian that wants a take as high as N60k should relocate to the US.

Harvard University Professors earn $120,900. So at current exchange rate, a Nigerian Prof should also earn N48,360,000/year? That's clearly not feasible in Nigeria, especially when students still complain of paying too much school fees, sometimes, 50k.
If we must compare US pricing with Nigeria's, then also get ready to pay N4m for M.Sc degree. That's what some students spend in the US.

You need to consider so many factors knowing very well that your country is a "third world nation". Things are expected to be cheap here (may be not ridiculously cheap).

By the way, I think Indians are better designers, still I don't think they'd compare their pricing with what obtains in the US.
I used an Indian from freelancer and I hated myself

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Professional Logo Design Cost? by iamord(m): 4:40am On Apr 28, 2017
erad:

Whether you own a startup or established business, having a professional logo is beneficial on many levels. It builds trust, increases awareness, creates an emotional attachment – and ultimately, can deliver new customers. But how much should it cost?

While the range of logo design prices covers a broad spectrum, if you’re not in the graphic design industry, it may be confusing to know what’s reasonable since the price varies by designer. No logo design guidebook exists, and logo designers are free to charge whatever they wish. Some may choose to charge extremely high prices while others may choose to charge rock-bottom prices just to get business. To avoid confusion, try to stay within your price range and pay a price that makes you comfortable. In the end, the price should be fair and equal to the time spent on the task.

A Reasonable Logo Design Starts at $200(N61,110 by current exchange rate)
One should expect a simple logo design to cost approximately $200. A simple design is typically a logo with a well-defined company name and mark. Intricate patterns and complex lettering may increase the price of the logo. The finished design should be clear, unique and professional. The definition of simple will vary from person to person, which is why it is important to find a designer who works with their customers throughout the design process. An experienced designer will be able to produce good work if they have clear instructions. The designer should provide at least four concepts for this price and two rounds of changes if the customer should need them.

A More Complex Design Warrants a $400-$500(N122,220-N152,775) Price Tag
A logo design with intricate patterns and fonts typically costs twice as much as a simple design. Expect to pay around $400 for a design of this type. The increase in price will also include extra services, including up to 10 original logo designs to choose from and unlimited changes until you are pleased with the results. A reputable company will provide concepts for business cards, envelopes and letterheads as well. You should also expect to receive a minimum of three concepts for each type of stationery.

An experienced business logo design company will have more than one designer working on a project. Simple jobs require two to four designers, and complex jobs require a larger team of designers. A team is necessary because each custom-made logo needs fresh ideas. If one designer were working on a large number of logos daily, he or she would eventually run out of ideas. With multiple designers, a company can produce quality logos and concepts continuously — a great perk to keep in mind when choosing a logo company. In the end, a high-priced company with one designer is no match for a reasonably priced company with multiple designers.

And finally, consider the reputation of the designer or logo design company. Look for guarantees, samples of previous work and positive reviews. Also, find someone who is willing to hear about your unique business — whether it’s via an initial phone conversation or by completing a helpful creative brief, you want to be sure you designer cares about what sets your business apart.

Source: https://www.deluxe.com/blog/much-professional-logo-design-cost/

Also see: https://www.nairaland.com/3741851/nairaland-portfolio-logo-designers-2017 for the best of Nairaland Logo designers

lol.. this is on paper, down here people are looking to build a world class money spinning brand with manner from heaven if possible.. pricicing down the quality yet still expecting the best
Re: How Much Should A Professional Logo Design Cost? by graphixplusng: 4:45am On Apr 28, 2017
All the designers here are just making mouth. None uploaded his/her work/portfolio

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Professional Logo Design Cost? by Nobody: 6:05am On May 23, 2017
Acidosis:
Using the current exchange rate is plainly wrong.

Why don't we use same analogy for Nigerian medical Doctors or Professors?

Any Nigerian that wants a take as high as N60k should relocate to the US.

Harvard University Professors earn $120,900. So at current exchange rate, a Nigerian Prof should also earn N48,360,000/year? That's clearly not feasible in Nigeria, especially when students still complain of paying too much school fees, sometimes, 50k.
If we must compare US pricing with Nigeria's, then also get ready to pay N4m for M.Sc degree. That's what some students spend in the US.

You need to consider so many factors knowing very well that your country is a "third world nation". Things are expected to be cheap here (may be not ridiculously cheap).

By the way, I think Indians are better designers, still I don't think they'd compare their pricing with what obtains in the US.
Don't mind them. They should coman collet 60k nah. It takes them a month to design and that's the only job they get within that time frame, rubbish!
Re: How Much Should A Professional Logo Design Cost? by DerrickM(m): 9:32am On May 23, 2017
The person you quoted was objective in his explanation while you weren't. I will just say just because you had a bad experience with some doesn't give you a right to generalise all as bad eggs. I know those who design 3-4 logos in under or max 24hours daily.

Really one logo in one month?!! grin cool shocked smiley cheesy

Laughable,that's why there are freelance websites where jobs keep coming non-stop and Naija Graphic Designers aren't dulling themselves at all there. Yes,it maybe wrong to directly convert from USD to NGN but every professional has his/her own right to price themselves as they wish if it works for them.

QuitNotice:
Don't mind them. They should coman collet 60k nah. It takes them a month to design and that's the only job they get within that time frame, rubbish!
Re: How Much Should A Professional Logo Design Cost? by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 23, 2017
DerrickM:
The person you quoted was objective in his explanation while you weren't. I will just say just because you had a bad experience with some doesn't give you a right to generalise all as bad eggs. I know those who design 3-4 logos in under or max 24hours daily.

Really one logo in one month?!! grin cool shocked smiley cheesy

Laughable,that's why there are freelance websites where jobs keep coming non-stop and Naija Graphic Designers aren't dulling themselves at all there. Yes,it maybe wrong to directly convert from USD to NGN but every professional has his/her own right to price themselves as they wish if it works for them.

Clap for yoursef oga, at least you are now earning in dollars grin grin grin
Re: How Much Should A Professional Logo Design Cost? by DerrickM(m): 8:30pm On May 23, 2017
Brosie,no be me...i dey learn as i fit from those who fit show me d way o...dats all... cool grin cheesy smiley wink

QuitNotice:
Clap for yoursef oga, at least you are now earning in dollars grin grin grin
Re: How Much Should A Professional Logo Design Cost? by randwise(m): 4:32am On Jun 09, 2017
erad:

Whether you own a startup or established business, having a professional logo is beneficial on many levels. It builds trust, increases awareness, creates an emotional attachment – and ultimately, can deliver new customers. But how much should it cost?

While the range of logo design prices covers a broad spectrum, if you’re not in the graphic design industry, it may be confusing to know what’s reasonable since the price varies by designer. No logo design guidebook exists, and logo designers are free to charge whatever they wish. Some may choose to charge extremely high prices while others may choose to charge rock-bottom prices just to get business. To avoid confusion, try to stay within your price range and pay a price that makes you comfortable. In the end, the price should be fair and equal to the time spent on the task.

A Reasonable Logo Design Starts at $200(N61,110 by current exchange rate)
One should expect a simple logo design to cost approximately $200. A simple design is typically a logo with a well-defined company name and mark. Intricate patterns and complex lettering may increase the price of the logo. The finished design should be clear, unique and professional. The definition of simple will vary from person to person, which is why it is important to find a designer who works with their customers throughout the design process. An experienced designer will be able to produce good work if they have clear instructions. The designer should provide at least four concepts for this price and two rounds of changes if the customer should need them.

A More Complex Design Warrants a $400-$500(N122,220-N152,775) Price Tag
A logo design with intricate patterns and fonts typically costs twice as much as a simple design. Expect to pay around $400 for a design of this type. The increase in price will also include extra services, including up to 10 original logo designs to choose from and unlimited changes until you are pleased with the results. A reputable company will provide concepts for business cards, envelopes and letterheads as well. You should also expect to receive a minimum of three concepts for each type of stationery.

An experienced business logo design company will have more than one designer working on a project. Simple jobs require two to four designers, and complex jobs require a larger team of designers. A team is necessary because each custom-made logo needs fresh ideas. If one designer were working on a large number of logos daily, he or she would eventually run out of ideas. With multiple designers, a company can produce quality logos and concepts continuously — a great perk to keep in mind when choosing a logo company. In the end, a high-priced company with one designer is no match for a reasonably priced company with multiple designers.

And finally, consider the reputation of the designer or logo design company. Look for guarantees, samples of previous work and positive reviews. Also, find someone who is willing to hear about your unique business — whether it’s via an initial phone conversation or by completing a helpful creative brief, you want to be sure you designer cares about what sets your business apart.

Source: https://www.deluxe.com/blog/much-professional-logo-design-cost/

Also see: https://www.nairaland.com/3741851/nairaland-portfolio-logo-designers-2017 for the best of Nairaland Logo designers
Erad, thanks for this. But, you tell me how to get such clients that'll pay you more than N4000 ($10) for a logo in this Nigeria, perchance, my life will change.
Re: How Much Should A Professional Logo Design Cost? by Maximus85(m): 7:10am On Jun 11, 2017
Oga op, you talk well. I charge $25 for my logos on fiverr. If I can get to design 2 in a daÿ, that's $50 (N18500) per day. It's enough for me. And this is very possible on fiverr.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Professional Logo Design Cost? by martinzkingin: 12:00am On Nov 21, 2018
Crauxx:
Depends. I am a graphic designer and i charge up to 50k naira per logo. It
I need a graphic designer to help me design a logo. chat me 08158270543

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Awesome Pen(bic) Drawings Of Oscar Chuks / Incredible Hyperrealistic Pencil Drawing By Cofrancis / About Our Visit To Nike Art Gallery, Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.