Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Purple Satin - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Purple Satin (326 Views)

Purple Roses / Blood On Satin Sheet (A Novel) / Purple Hibiscus By Chimamanda Adichie:who Do You Think Really Opposed Pa Eugene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Purple Satin by lanya: 3:45pm On Apr 26, 2017
w how you meet someone and finally understand why it had to take so long and why it never seemed to work with anyone else? No? Me neither.

Kike’s wedding was to be the talk of the town for months and unfortunately, I was to be a big part of it. Yes, unfortunately. Me, chief bridesmaid? In what alternate universe would anyone have thought it possible? Yes, I am her best friend but also, Yes I’m an unapologetic outsider of the fitfam club and YES Kike is as superficial as it gets. I would’ve done anything to just be a regular guest, weddings were not my thing, especially when I couldn’t boast of ordinary boyfriend but it was about Kike and I would do just about anything for her; wearing satin on my size 16 body inclusive.

The decorator outdid herself, everything was perfect, I mean they had to be or else Kike would have cut off everyone’s neck starting with mine and ending with the officiating minister. I’m sure I made for quite the entertainment in my black loafers and long dress waddling all over the place like a penguin making sure everything was okay well, because my darling friend didn’t see the need for a planner when I was there. Right. It was a beautiful ceremony all in all, I got to witness Kike almost cry when she was saying her vows, shocking me and everybody else to think that she could care about someone else like that. I said I would do almost anything...Read More @https://olliealley./2017/02/20/purple-satin/

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Job Vacancies . / Obamacare: All You Need To Know / I Am A Poet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.