Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Messi Vs C. Ronaldo Vs The Statics (NUMBERS DON'T LIE - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Messi Vs C. Ronaldo Vs The Statics (NUMBERS DON'T LIE (847 Views)

Messi Vs Real Madrid / UCL S Real Madrid Vs C-- / Messi Vs Ronaldo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Messi Vs C. Ronaldo Vs The Statics (NUMBERS DON'T LIE by ponti93(m): 5:38pm On Apr 26, 2017
MESSI, RONALDO AND THE NUMBERS

BY JJ Agada Aguzie

(NB: Amidst the abundance and dominance of arguments and debates on which of them truly rules today's football, I present the statistical numbers of both of them as they stand today, so that the facts can separate the speculations)

I'll try to keep this as short as possible. First of all, I want to say that I respect the duo of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi. They have been two football legends of our time and this era, and have dominated football in the past ten years, sharing the World Footballer of The Year glory amongst themselves. Messi has five already safely tucked away in his trophy cabinet, and Ronaldo should be hoping to equal that at the turn of 2017, except if things change and Barcelona finds a way to still salvage their season, while Real Madrid capitulates. But this may be unlikely, and the status quo may yet remain. These two have also smashed and broken every available and recorded football statistic. They have both ruled and dominated, and continue to rule even till presently. I mentioned their clubs (Real Madrid and Barcelona) because both of them have failed to reach their normal exalted standards so far this season. Arguments exist to say that both of them are beginning to approach the twilight of their glittering and glamorous careers. Again, so far, Messi has scored 47 goals and laid on 14 assists from 46 appearances this campaign whereas Ronaldo has 31 goals and 12 assists from 39 appearances.

Into the bargain, despite all the comparison and argument, both stars are not mates really. To start with, Ronaldo is already 32 years old, whereas Messi is still 29 and will only turn 30 in June. The preceding fact here is that being naturally older than Messi with at least two years, Ronaldo has already played more games (and should have more goals too). Talking numbers, Ronaldo has made a total of 848 appearances for club and country and has scored a total of 589 goals and also made 195 assists. Legendary stuff. Messi on his part, has made a total of 694 appearances for club and country and has scored a total of 558 goals and made 229 assists. Legendary stuff too. I'd proceed to further simplify these numbers.

Talking about all time appearances, C. Ronaldo has made 154 appearances more than L. Messi and has scored only 31 more goals. And Messi, despite playing 154 less games than Ronaldo, has made 34 more assists than him.

Talking all time club records, Ronaldo has made 710 appearances, scoring 518 times with 172 assists. Messi on his part, has made 577 club appearances, scoring 500 goals, and making 192 assists. So, in 133 more games at club level, Ronaldo has scored only 18 more goals than Messi and despite 133 games less, Messi has 20 more club assists.

Talking league football, Ronaldo who has made 482 appearances and scored 366 times with 121 assists has 23 more goals in 105 more games but Messi at 343 goals scored from 377 appearances, has 134 assists which is 13 more in 105 games less.

In Europe, Ronaldo has 101 goals and 37 assists from 143 appearances and Messi has 94 goals and 25 assists from 115 appearances. In 28 more games than Messi, Ronaldo has only 7 more goals and 12 more assists.

In other competitions including domestic cups and others, both Ronaldo and Messi have made 85 appearances each. And in this cadre where they have played the same number of games, Messi has 12 more goals and 19 more assists. He has 63 goals and 33 assists, and Ronaldo has 51 goals and 14 assists.

The last category is not the least. The National Teams. For Portugal, Ronaldo has 138 caps from where he has made 23 assists and scored 71 goals. Messi on his part, has made 37 assists and scored 58 goals from 117 caps for Argentina. So, in 21 more games, Ronaldo has 13 more goals and Messi has 14 more assists regardless.

These are the numbers separating the two. They are as clear as crystal and as open as daylight for anyone. Statistics don't lie. I don't need to tell you who has done more both in goals ratio and assists too. Ronaldo is compared to Messi. Messi should be compared to who really?

You have your answers friends! You have them!! Your answers!!!

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs C. Ronaldo Vs The Statics (NUMBERS DON'T LIE by plenty9316(m): 5:54pm On Apr 26, 2017
ponti93:
MESSI, RONALDO AND THE NUMBERS

BY JJ Agada Aguzie

(NB: Amidst the abundance and dominance of arguments and debates on which of them truly rules today's football, I present the statistical numbers of both of them as they stand today, so that the facts can separate the speculations)

I'll try to keep this as short as possible. First of all, I want to say that I respect the duo of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi. They have been two football legends of our time and this era, and have dominated football in the past ten years, sharing the World Footballer of The Year glory amongst themselves. Messi has five already safely tucked away in his trophy cabinet, and Ronaldo should be hoping to equal that at the turn of 2017, except if things change and Barcelona finds a way to still salvage their season, while Real Madrid capitulates. But this may be unlikely, and the status quo may yet remain. These two have also smashed and broken every available and recorded football statistic. They have both ruled and dominated, and continue to rule even till presently. I mentioned their clubs (Real Madrid and Barcelona) because both of them have failed to reach their normal exalted standards so far this season. Arguments exist to say that both of them are beginning to approach the twilight of their glittering and glamorous careers. Again, so far, Messi has scored 47 goals and laid on 14 assists from 46 appearances this campaign whereas Ronaldo has 31 goals and 12 assists from 39 appearances.

Into the bargain, despite all the comparison and argument, both stars are not mates really. To start with, Ronaldo is already 32 years old, whereas Messi is still 29 and will only turn 30 in June. The preceding fact here is that being naturally older than Messi with at least two years, Ronaldo has already played more games (and should have more goals too). Talking numbers, Ronaldo has made a total of 848 appearances for club and country and has scored a total of 589 goals and also made 195 assists. Legendary stuff. Messi on his part, has made a total of 694 appearances for club and country and has scored a total of 558 goals and made 229 assists. Legendary stuff too. I'd proceed to further simplify these numbers.

Talking about all time appearances, C. Ronaldo has made 154 appearances more than L. Messi and has scored only 31 more goals. And Messi, despite playing 154 less games than Ronaldo, has made 34 more assists than him.

Talking all time club records, Ronaldo has made 710 appearances, scoring 518 times with 172 assists. Messi on his part, has made 577 club appearances, scoring 500 goals, and making 192 assists. So, in 133 more games at club level, Ronaldo has scored only 18 more goals than Messi and despite 133 games less, Messi has 20 more club assists.

Talking league football, Ronaldo who has made 482 appearances and scored 366 times with 121 assists has 23 more goals in 105 more games but Messi at 343 goals scored from 377 appearances, has 134 assists which is 13 more in 105 games less.

In Europe, Ronaldo has 101 goals and 37 assists from 143 appearances and Messi has 94 goals and 25 assists from 115 appearances. In 28 more games than Messi, Ronaldo has only 7 more goals and 12 more assists.

In other competitions including domestic cups and others, both Ronaldo and Messi have made 85 appearances each. And in this cadre where they have played the same number of games, Messi has 12 more goals and 19 more assists. He has 63 goals and 33 assists, and Ronaldo has 51 goals and 14 assists.

The last category is not the least. The National Teams. For Portugal, Ronaldo has 138 caps from where he has made 23 assists and scored 71 goals. Messi on his part, has made 37 assists and scored 58 goals from 117 caps for Argentina. So, in 21 more games, Ronaldo has 13 more goals and Messi has 14 more assists regardless.

These are the numbers separating the two. They are as clear as crystal and as open as daylight for anyone. Statistics don't lie. I don't need to tell you who has done more both in goals ratio and assists too. Ronaldo is compared to Messi. Messi should be compared to who really?

You have your answers friends! You have them!! Your answers!!!

even Messi haters know that he is better to CR7. Its just d bitter truth.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive! Manchester Uniteds New Home Jersey Unveiled ! / Chelsea With Their Players No Be Am / Thierry Henry Joins New York Red Bulls From Barcelona

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.