Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,373 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

I Have An Idea Of A Great Book, But Am Just Too Lazy To Start - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Have An Idea Of A Great Book, But Am Just Too Lazy To Start (951 Views)

Who Has An Idea What This Is About? / Nigerian Youths Are Too Lazy To Read And Degenerating Intellectually / Lazy To Write My Buzzing Ideas. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have An Idea Of A Great Book, But Am Just Too Lazy To Start by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 05, 2010
Suggestions
Re: I Have An Idea Of A Great Book, But Am Just Too Lazy To Start by Tudor6(f): 6:33pm On Jan 05, 2010
Yeah, open up you computer and begin typing whatever comes to your head. . . .in this internet age everyone can be a published author. Whats there to lose?
Re: I Have An Idea Of A Great Book, But Am Just Too Lazy To Start by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 05, 2010
you seem to think it's that easy. I refuse to write crap, like many do. Come on! Just look at Tolstoy for instance; how many writers of this "internet age" have done anything comparable?
And you? Have you written anything lately?
Re: I Have An Idea Of A Great Book, But Am Just Too Lazy To Start by Tudor6(f): 8:23pm On Jan 05, 2010
What you might regard as 'crap' might end up hitting it big.

Besides you have to start somewhere, award winning writers didn't become that overnight.

Just start off with whatever idea you've got and with time you'd get better.

And no, i havn't written anything lately. . . .i'm not much of a writer i prefer practical stuff i can do with my bare hands.
Re: I Have An Idea Of A Great Book, But Am Just Too Lazy To Start by Coretalk(m): 9:53pm On Jan 05, 2010
I find doing a brainstorm very useful
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainstorming
. I wrote a couple of prose
for my university times. I found it quite helpful

it basically involve choosing a title and then listing a series of interconnecting event you want
to include in your story
Re: I Have An Idea Of A Great Book, But Am Just Too Lazy To Start by MyneWhite1(f): 5:57am On Jan 07, 2010
sauer. you just have to write something down. And keep writing.
Re: I Have An Idea Of A Great Book, But Am Just Too Lazy To Start by Ifez: 4:57pm On Jan 08, 2010
Pay someone to write the book for you  tongue Many well-known authors do the same anyway. It is called 'Ghost-writing.'
Re: I Have An Idea Of A Great Book, But Am Just Too Lazy To Start by GoodDREAMS(m): 7:48am On Jan 13, 2010
Sauer, you have  started writing already(the idea is the story); putting it in visible format is what remains.Try to pen down something at least, or find a ghost writer.See, the moment an idea comes into your mind it starts growing wings to fly to others with the passing of time(even without you telling someone what it is).Don't let someone publish that great novel before you.Don't have writers block before you even start.
You can do it.Who knows,you could be the next J.K Rowlins[img][/img]

(1) (Reply)

A Song Of Ice And Fire / A Stab In The Heart. *a Short Story* / The Most Foolish Experience: A Must Read Short Story By Chimmy Ijezie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.