Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,275 members, 7,818,934 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

MTN - Fraud Everywhere You Go (How MTN Defrauded Customer ) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / MTN - Fraud Everywhere You Go (How MTN Defrauded Customer ) (1063 Views)

Fraudsters Who Defrauded Polaris Bank Get N1m Bail / See How MTN Staff Collects Money Before Allowing People Collect Npower Laptop / Beware!! How MTN Data Vendor 'Anthonia Ugochukwu Owoh' Scammed Me [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN - Fraud Everywhere You Go (How MTN Defrauded Customer ) by mazizitonene(m): 9:14pm On Apr 26, 2017
so i subscribed to whatsapp weekly some weeks ago on MTN, within that same week i subscribed for airtel data plan and dumped the MTN sub though i was still using the line for calls oblivious of the fact that this crooks still deduct #25 from my account in the name of auto renewal. recently i subscribed to #500 1GB weekly on that MTN line, now fast forward to two days ago, like they knew i wasn't aware and maybe the spirit touched the auto-machine to confess, i received a message informing me of expiration and consequent auto-renewal of my whatsapp weekly bundle in two days time (today) without the code to stop the auto-renewal, i was stunned, but then, knowing the antics and criminal nature of this fraudulent network, i calmly called 180, followed the DIY instructions stuff, at the end i was sent a message that i was not subscribed or have unsubscribed from it. ah! i relaxed....better i thought. i've stopped the scam in progress. i congratulated myself.

Only for me to receive a message this night that my whatsapp weekly bundle subscription was successful! ah!! for real ? obviously MTN was hell bent on carrying out this scam. my eye just red, as i was already angry before the message came in, so, i called the customer care, straight to their representatives abi ambassadors, and the young lady listened to me patiently, checked my line and told me that emm, it was not canceled properly if she should cancel it, and i told her to cancel it and return my #25, she said it was not possible. i was like, come, is your brain paining you i said take ya data and give me my money now i dont want again. now she says she have canceled it, i've not even received a message to that effect and now i'm left wondering........though i told her she would see it on NL undecided
MTN - scam everywhere you go angry attached are screen-shots....observe the date and time

Re: MTN - Fraud Everywhere You Go (How MTN Defrauded Customer ) by EKITI001: 9:17pm On Apr 26, 2017
Empty-Hen Network , is dat one a Netwk?

But OP I smell lie for your post..

MTN sent you "Dail " instead of "Dial" ?

1 Like

Re: MTN - Fraud Everywhere You Go (How MTN Defrauded Customer ) by EbukaHades10(m): 9:35pm On Apr 26, 2017
So we should fry eba?
Re: MTN - Fraud Everywhere You Go (How MTN Defrauded Customer ) by mazizitonene(m): 9:49pm On Apr 26, 2017
EKITI001:
Empty-Hen Network , is dat one a Netwk?

But OP I smell lie for your post..

MTN sent you "Dail " instead of "Dial" ?
na because of people like you i put pictures you still dey doubt, you want make i send you video ? undecided

1 Like

Re: MTN - Fraud Everywhere You Go (How MTN Defrauded Customer ) by mazizitonene(m): 9:50pm On Apr 26, 2017
EbukaHades10:
So we should fry eba?

Re: MTN - Fraud Everywhere You Go (How MTN Defrauded Customer ) by baylord101(m): 10:18pm On Apr 26, 2017
Sue them

1 Like

Re: MTN - Fraud Everywhere You Go (How MTN Defrauded Customer ) by EbukaHades10(m): 11:34pm On Apr 26, 2017
[quote author=mazizitonene post=55950751][/quote] Ummm,should i type something or what?,cus i'm not understanding

Re: MTN - Fraud Everywhere You Go (How MTN Defrauded Customer ) by JideSM: 7:28am On Apr 27, 2017
mazizitonene:
so i subscribed to whatsapp weekly some weeks ago on MTN, within that same week i subscribed for airtel data plan and dumped the MTN sub though i was still using the line for calls oblivious of the fact that this crooks still deduct #25 from my account in the name of auto renewal. recently i subscribed to #500 1GB weekly on that MTN line, now fast forward to two days ago, like they knew i wasn't aware and maybe the spirit touched the auto-machine to confess, i received a message informing me of expiration and consequent auto-renewal of my whatsapp weekly bundle in two days time (today) without the code to stop the auto-renewal, i was stunned, but then, knowing the antics and criminal nature of this fraudulent network, i calmly called 180, followed the DIY instructions stuff, at the end i was sent a message that i was not subscribed or have unsubscribed from it. ah! i relaxed....better i thought. i've stopped the scam in progress. i congratulated myself.

Only for me to receive a message this night that my whatsapp weekly bundle subscription was successful! ah!! for real ? obviously MTN was hell bent on carrying out this scam. my eye just red, as i was already angry before the message came in, so, i called the customer care, straight to their representatives abi ambassadors, and the young lady listened to me patiently, checked my line and told me that emm, it was not canceled properly if she should cancel it, and i told her to cancel it and return my #25, she said it was not possible. i was like, come, is your brain paining you i said take ya data and give me my money now i dont want again. now she says she have canceled it, i've not even received a message to that effect and now i'm left wondering........though i told her she would see it on NL undecided
MTN - scam everywhere you go angry attached are screen-shots....observe the date and time

Hi mazizitonene, I'm truly sorry that this happened, I wish to let you know that I currently run a thread here called the MTN Customer care https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread/ where issues like this are resolved. I also will appreciate if you can send me your mobile number via private message to enable me look into this. Looking forward to hearing from you. Regards
Re: MTN - Fraud Everywhere You Go (How MTN Defrauded Customer ) by REVDIMMY: 1:42am On Jun 24, 2017
mazizitonene:

Hope this helps..

How to Cancel All MTN Annoying Subscriptions Deducting Your Airtime

How to Cancel All GLO Annoying Subscriptions Deducting Your Airtime
How to deactivate all Etisalat services to stop deducting your money

(1) (Reply)

See How My House Was Robbed This Afternoon In Lagos / Man Who Allegedly Slept With Another Man’s Wife Stoned To Death / Breaking: Thief Burnt By Community In Ekop Eto Road Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.