Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,872 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

Why Ooni Should Be Disrespected By Oba Of Lagos – Obk - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Ooni Should Be Disrespected By Oba Of Lagos – Obk (809 Views)

Lagos Is Not Yoruba Land By Oba Akinolu / Ooni Of Ife Chills With Oba Of Elegushi After Being Snubbed By Oba Of Lagos.PIC / Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Ooni Should Be Disrespected By Oba Of Lagos – Obk by scully95: 9:16am On Apr 27, 2017

According to OBK, (a social media critic and activist) he feels the Ooni of ife is not worth the throne he's sitting on and has this to say about the recent fracas between the Oba of lagos and the personality siting in the throne of Ooni Ile ife. See what he has to say bellow.

"Don’t defend Ooni for being disrespected by another fellow King. This Ooni, believes Jesus, a Jew that was nailed to a cross by Pharisees and their Roman invaders and conqueror, was his spiritual ancestor. Why sit on a spiritual throne of your ancestors, your royal highness doesn’t embrace in faith and in fate?"

Ooni ! Why do you expect other kings to hand over their respect to you and honor you like Odudwa ? Charity should begin at home in Ile Ife not in Lagos (Eko Ile).
Respect the throne your father sat on. By sitting on it today without second guessing the spiritual credibility of those who once fought, preserved and died to defend it for you today.

“Jesus is your father?” You made that statement sometime ago. Jesus in Ile Ife? Jesus father was Joseph, not Oduduwa. His mother was Maria. What is the relationship with Israel or Jews? Decolonize yourself Ooni, by reading more. Until you take back that statement publicly, every other King will continue to disrespect your crown.
This is not a curse. You are reaping what you have sown. Kabiyesi O!

Obk !
Re: Why Ooni Should Be Disrespected By Oba Of Lagos – Obk by donmalcolm21(m): 9:21am On Apr 27, 2017
Madness induced by recession.

Oba Lil wayne Akiolu is a tout

2 Likes

Re: Why Ooni Should Be Disrespected By Oba Of Lagos – Obk by kelvine(m): 9:56am On Apr 27, 2017
I rather be dethroned than renounce Jesus.
God bless Ooni for his faith in Jesus.
Re: Why Ooni Should Be Disrespected By Oba Of Lagos – Obk by scully95: 10:07am On Apr 27, 2017
kelvine:
I rather be dethroned than renounce Jesus.
God bless Ooni for his faith in Jesus.

A foreign jesus ? white smelly pigs' ideology ?? What happened to your own roots ? Some people want Nigeria to move forward ? Have you ever been out of Nigeria before to see other people's tradition and how they are managing themselves and promoting their tradition and everything theirs? ? Trust me if we were living during the days of Greek empire, you would surely change that name jesus for zeus.
Re: Why Ooni Should Be Disrespected By Oba Of Lagos – Obk by kelvine(m): 10:19am On Apr 27, 2017
scully95:

A foreign jesus ? white smelly pigs' ideology ?? What happened to your own roots ? Some people want Nigeria to move forward ? Have you ever been out of Nigeria before to see other people's tradition and how they are managing themselves and promoting their tradition and everything theirs? ? Trust me if we were living during the days of Greek empire, you would surely change that name jesus for zeus.

Even religion/belief is a function​ of choice, I chose what has been working for me not what tradition demands​.
I am happy with your choice for you.
For me Jesus is my choice.
Re: Why Ooni Should Be Disrespected By Oba Of Lagos – Obk by Ajewealth123(m): 10:21am On Apr 27, 2017
scully95:

Re: Why Ooni Should Be Disrespected By Oba Of Lagos – Obk by scully95: 10:35am On Apr 27, 2017
kelvine:

Even religion/belief is a function​ of choice, I chose what has been working for me not what tradition demands​.
I am happy with your choice for you.
For me Jesus is my choice.

let me tell you your short history or that of the Yoruba (very similar to other African Nations too being invaded by European troopers) . If not for the fall of Oyo empire, which is only a century ago, the majority in Yorubaland would be followers of IFa. The Fulani terrorist backed by the brits was used to weaken Oyo empire. Oyo as at the time could not protect the tradition of the ppl of Oyo so it became British protectorate state ( a puppet state) and that gave the missionaries the green-light to brainwash the poeople of oyo against their tradition.

What you call religion today is the tradition of a particular region. Tradition is the culture left over by your great grand father, your ancestors. The throne of Ooni of ife is only and should only be a custodian of Ifa but not that of a mere Anglican british state. ok

This is why you are suffering and still continue to suffer. because you have leaders who do not have your direct interest first.

(1) (Reply)

The Masquerade That Was Knocked Down, Laid To Rest By Colleagues(pictures) / Bbnaija2018; Viral Photo Of Housemate Cee-c Rocking A Wedding Ring / Traditional Game In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.