Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,016 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos (47476 Views)

Three Generations Of Ooni Of Ife And Their Rolls-royces (PHOTOS) / Naomi Oluwaseyi Ogundamisi's Pre-Birthday Photo / Ooni Of Ife, Ogundamisi, Participating In The Oshoosi Festival (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos by Afriifa(m): 3:17pm On Apr 27, 2017
MAXIMAL123:
So U na won tell Me say u na get King? shocked
Guy guy forget cheesy
your Ignorance would lead you into your hole

1 Like

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos by Afriifa(m): 3:18pm On Apr 27, 2017
danot1030:

Where from Niger Delta do you come from and i will tell what kind of king you have there.

Who knows Niger Delta kings? Your kings will be house boys, gatemen and drivers in Yoruba land.
ok.

2 Likes

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos by ogbeiwi(m): 3:22pm On Apr 27, 2017
veekid:

ordinary baale
This is why i have profound regard for the oba of benin.He does not reduce his self,no matter the condition. long leave the great oba of benin kingdom........

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos by gbishman: 3:24pm On Apr 27, 2017
Long live the Oba of Benin, the greatest and the most revered king of the world. Let them come to Benin and let's teach or give them a taste of what royalty is about.

3 Likes

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos by Mbediogu(m): 3:25pm On Apr 27, 2017
bedspread:
WHEN U HV A POLICE MAN AS OBA, WHAT DO U EXPECT?

Even the police did not find him good enough, he was dismissed. I don't know the intrigues that put him on that stool. He is very deficient from all angles.

3 Likes

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos by Ruggedpen: 3:26pm On Apr 27, 2017
HAHAHA THEY HAVE REMOVE LAGOS IS NOW OBA OF IDUMOTA. BUT IS OBVIOUS THAT GUY DO SMOKE WEEDS EVEN FROM HIS FACE U ILL FIND OUT, IF HE THREATEN IGBO'S HE TURNED TO OBA OF LAGOS, BUT IF HE INSULT A WELL RESPECTED ONI OF IFE HE TURNED TO OBA OF IDUMOTA. I NO GO GREE HE IS OBA OF LAGOS.

4 Likes

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos by hucienda: 3:28pm On Apr 27, 2017
Afriifa:
I don't think we disrespect our Kings like that in the Niger Delta. Even if we don't prostrate like our Yoruba Friends

cheesy cheesy cheesy

subtle ... that was deep. dis nairaland ehnn - free entertainment grin

3 Likes

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 27, 2017
Long live the Oba of Benin, you can't even see him in places like this, he's respected by his people, not all these yeye yoruba Oba wey dem dey buy their crown, D only yoruba King I respect is the Ooni of Ife because of the history of the throne. yeye

3 Likes

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos by dragunov: 3:43pm On Apr 27, 2017
Afriifa:
I don't think we disrespect our Kings like that in the Niger Delta. Even if we don't prostrate like our Yoruba Friends

And that is why there are many buffoons where you come from.
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos by secpowell: 3:45pm On Apr 27, 2017
You are still a local man because you have not travel around Nigeria. You hide in Lagos n vomit trash like a little kid.The world youngest King to be crown is from Niger Delta. The Dean of Ika Kingdom. Go to the Guinness book of record to confirmed. No Oba in yoruba Land is a match except the Ooni.
danot1030:

Where from Niger Delta do you come from and i will tell what kind of king you have there.

Who knows Niger Delta kings? Your kings will be house boys, gatemen and drivers in Yoruba land.

2 Likes

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos by breakeven: 3:46pm On Apr 27, 2017
That oba of Lagos is a tout.
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos by dragunov: 3:46pm On Apr 27, 2017
XerXers:
Nonsense, they hailed the tout when he insulted igbos, he should insult oni more and more
Because the Ooni is igbo. Right?

1 Like

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos by dragunov: 3:48pm On Apr 27, 2017
Kindycute:
Long live the Oba of Benin, you can't even see him in places like this, he's respected by his people, not all these yeye yoruba Oba wey dem dey buy their crown, D only yoruba King I respect is the Ooni of Ife because of the history of the throne. yeye
You obviously do not know anything. Keep it up.
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos by jullty: 3:53pm On Apr 27, 2017
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 27, 2017
dragunov:
You obviously do not know anything. Keep it up.
and you had to reply someone who knows nothing, keep it up.

3 Likes

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos by dragunov: 3:53pm On Apr 27, 2017
gbishman:
Long live the Oba of Benin, the greatest and the most revered king of the world. Let them come to Benin and let's teach or give them a taste of what royalty is about.

Small wonder they speak Yoruba like no man's business in his court in Benin. Yeye guy. The last of your Obas wey get mouth died in exile. So wetin una wan tok?
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos by danot1030: 4:05pm On Apr 27, 2017
secpowell:
You are still a local man because you have not travel around Nigeria. You hide in Lagos n vomit trash like a little kid.The world youngest King to be crown is from Niger Delta. The Dean of Ika Kingdom. Go to the Guinness book of record to confirmed. No Oba in yoruba Land is a match except the Ooni.

Your post has shown that you are a kid and you lack information.

Apart from the three respectable kings from Niger Delta, which are Oba of Benin, Olu of Warri and the Obong Atah of Calabar, no other king from Niger Delta is worthy of recognition, all the rest nothing but political kings to receive royalty from the government.

On the kid you are boasting about, go and read what the book of Eccl.10:16 say about it, then you we found how foolish you have been to be bragging about it.
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos by Olukolade1: 4:17pm On Apr 27, 2017
You are right. The bale of agberos

1 Like

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 27, 2017
make ooni self package small, visiting politicians and others in their houses is a royal no no
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos by Btruth: 4:21pm On Apr 27, 2017
Can someone please share with me the video link where Oba of Lagos was rude to Ooni of Ife.

Thanks. sad
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos by jullty: 4:24pm On Apr 27, 2017
Adeyeye enitan Ogun wyse did not go to school. Ile Ife is not the cradle of yoruba people
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos by sniperr007(m): 4:28pm On Apr 27, 2017
Afriifa:

Apart from olu of warri and oba of Benin, which other king Una get for Niger delta?

1 Like

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos by Ghokes(m): 4:31pm On Apr 27, 2017
[quote author=Nukualofa post=55966221]Akiolu is just a tout and a thug who should be NURTW chairman instead of sitting as a Baale.

Kayode is an hypocrite and should STFU because he supported that idiot when he threatened to drown igbos in the lagoon[/quote

Most sincerely, do you expect anything better than that act from a police man? I see reasons why Atiku Abubakar made sure he didn't make Inspector General of police

1 Like

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 27, 2017
Baale of idumota

2 Likes

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos by NemzySeries(m): 5:38pm On Apr 27, 2017
probaby d oba of lagos wuz xpecting to see 50naira bribe in d hand d oni wuz abt using to shake him 1st.......wat do u xpect frm a former police officer? D spirit of police conduct is always in dem weda working or retired

1 Like

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos by DimIsaac10(m): 5:49pm On Apr 27, 2017
I trust d Alafin ... He go don tell am history.
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos by niceair(m): 6:08pm On Apr 27, 2017
verygudbadguy:
Kayode Ogundamisi is a mofo. A rin oba fin loba npa. Ti aba ta ara ile wa lopo, a le rira lowon.

We, Yoruba are known for respect. We don't insult your elders in our land. Oni of Ife, a King leader in Yoruba didn't insult Oba Akinolu in return because crown-aside, Oba Akinolu is older than him.

Kayode should taken some lesson from that. We are the omoluabis, omo karo ojire.

We respect our elders and our tradition. Let the elders settle their differences.

A very awkward post from you... crown aside!!! that's a very irrational statement. Guy the crown made him superior over the Oba of Lagos.
So if you working in a company and your surbodinate despite his age shouldn't respect you right.

2 Likes

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos by RillJ(m): 6:11pm On Apr 27, 2017
Irrespective of the time, context and actors, evil and misconduct should be identified and condemned for what they are and done without sentiments.
- When he wished his fellow Nigerians to drown in the Lagoon, you saw no wrong in it
- When he abandoned royalty to swim in the murky pool of politics, you hailed him on.
- When he discarded royal dignity to vetepurate and maliciously denigrate divergent political persuasions, he was your hero.

Why do you feign indignation now that the royal renegade has started manifesting closer home?
The only consolation is that the target retains his dignity and royal personage the sheer act of self-control. But if the one you touted as fearless has suddenly turned gauche on you, do not expect my empathy.

1 Like

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos by incredibleace(m): 6:12pm On Apr 27, 2017
aint a from the yoruba land but got madt love for the ooni.

respect sir

may your days and reign be longer than an iroko tree
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos by successinlife: 6:12pm On Apr 27, 2017
Afriifa:

You are not seeing things from the right angle.There was nothing like respect because of prostrate.The issue is clear,it has age,ego and past occurence attached to it.Akioulu is older than the Ooni in terms of age,it might have to go down to ego.Ooni is not asking Akiolu to prostrate for him.there can be misunderstanding in every facet of life.The only thing is that oba Akiolu did not play it maturedly,it can be settled.

There is no need comparing Niger Delta with Yoruba culture,everybody has his culture,Yoruba don't aspire to be Niger Delta and vice versa.
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos by sikan(m): 6:28pm On Apr 27, 2017
verygudbadguy:
Kayode Ogundamisi is a mofo. A rin oba fin loba npa. Ti aba ta ara ile wa lopo, a le rira lowon.

We, Yoruba are known for respect. We don't insult your elders in our land. Oni of Ife, a King leader in Yoruba didn't insult Oba Akinolu in return because crown-aside, Oba Akinolu is older than him.

Kayode should taken some lesson from that. We are the omoluabis, omo karo ojire.

We respect our elders and our tradition. Let the elders settle their differences.

I wouldn't take Yoruba's definition of respect for what it really stands for. Cos most of what they call respect (greeting nd sleeping on the floor) is mere eye service and what they think they can parasitize from you.
Of what use is the respect (sleeping on the floor for me) when you cannot defend the person u claim to respect in his absence?? they claim to respect but they still gossip and insult the person they claim they respect

that's y I say respect is the English name of Yoruba, where I lived before my landlady don't respond to my greetings, I was wondering, until the day I was told that I don't have respect. That I suppose to bow down while greeting. Hmmm, I tot it was a joke but that's real.....

them YORUBA people will Wantu fight me now...... good luck

2 Likes

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos by Afriifa(m): 6:40pm On Apr 27, 2017
sniperr007:

Apart from olu of warri and oba of Benin, which other king Una get for Niger delta?
EDUCATED DEAN OF AGBOR. .

Ovie of Agbon Kingdom.

Amayanabo of Nembe Kingdom.

Of course I can't forget the real Deal.

Pere Of Gbaramatu..

Our kings are not photography kings that moves around, we have respect for tradition. We r not like politicians dat moves about n snap.

As Mighty as he is. The Oba of the great Benin. Apart from his coronation ceremonies, when last did you saw him in any public gathering? When last did you hear the Olu of warri snapping around? Or when last did you. When last did you hear the dean of agbor meddling in political affairs in public?

When last did u see the Pere of Gbaramatu seating n laughing with dirty politicians in public? Men even if we are minority. We know our culture n we know what we call respect..

Below are some pictures of the Pere- of Gbaramatu Kingdom

n d amayanabo of Nembe Kingdom.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Indigenous Hausa Tubali Architecture / Vulture ‘Delivers’ Letter To Akwa Ibom Monarch To Quit Throne / Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.