Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,687 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

My Near-birth Experience - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Near-birth Experience (625 Views)

I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) / Moms With Two Or More Kids Share Your Birth Experience In Each Child Birth! / My Near-birth Experience Will Definitely Change Your Views!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Near-birth Experience by sapidsapiens: 8:17pm On Apr 27, 2017
Life sucked. I desperately needed and wanted to change especially with the gospel around me that said: “you don’t need people”, “learn to be independent” ad infinitum. I admired people who seemed strong, independent and “I can do good (/bad as the case may be) all by myself-ish” I wanted to be them. I wanted to be the “hard as nails”, “stoic as rock” kinda person. I wanted to be the hybrid you get when you cross-breed Annalise Keating with Queen Ravenna plus a heavy overdose of their matriarch Queen Cersei. I wanted to be tough, unsmiling and “unneeding” of people. I wanted to be a “bad bitch” (although I have to say here that how the b-word evolved from being an insult to being an accolade is totally lost on me).

Sadly, life isn’t the movies and my size isn’t exactly cut out for “bad bitchism”. It was many years and several stages of maturity later, with the benefit of hindsight, that I was able to understand that wanting to be a bad bitch was wanting to be a bad dog... continue reading here https://sapidsapiens.com/2017/04/27/my-near-birth-experience/

(1) (Reply)

Wedding Help Please / Delta Woman Baths 17-yr Girl With Acid For Snatching Her Husband ‘in Dream’ / Hair Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.