Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,009 members, 7,956,745 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:01 PM

Wike Moves To Ban 5000 Unapproved Secondary Schools In Rivers - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Wike Moves To Ban 5000 Unapproved Secondary Schools In Rivers (7701 Views)

Primary And Secondary Schools Teachers In Abia To Resume On August 4 / Photos Of Kids In Public Schools In Different Countries Eating Lunch / Wike Moves To Ban 5000 Unapproved Secondary Schools In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Moves To Ban 5000 Unapproved Secondary Schools In Rivers by bedspread: 8:51am On Apr 28, 2017
5000??

HOW MANY SCHOOLS DE RIVERS ABEG??

Re: Wike Moves To Ban 5000 Unapproved Secondary Schools In Rivers by Folksyharry(m): 8:54am On Apr 28, 2017
Ebay14:
Hmmm.. There are so many unapproved schools in port Harcourt no doubt but saying it's up to 5000 i really don't bliv that. Imagine each school has an average of 20 staff so on the average a total of 100000 people will loose their jobs by Sept. Also considering the over population in government schools already, has the government made provisions for all the students who will have to quit from the 5k illegal schools? Just my thoughts

My thoughts too.
Has the government built any new public school to take the students by that September. Most of those unapproved schools are cheap and that is why we find mostly children of low income earners there. The government will need to build some new public schools so that those children will be admitted there.
Re: Wike Moves To Ban 5000 Unapproved Secondary Schools In Rivers by mira4u: 8:59am On Apr 28, 2017
Ebay14:

.. But there are also som govt schools i know that nothing much really happens there. Poor quality teachers too..

That was before, not anymore. Government schools in ph have more qualified teachers presently than 95% of the total private schools in ph.
Re: Wike Moves To Ban 5000 Unapproved Secondary Schools In Rivers by mrolive: 9:18am On Apr 28, 2017
finally, I don tire I get like 15 schools for my street.. .lol can't wait for the publications.

Re: Wike Moves To Ban 5000 Unapproved Secondary Schools In Rivers by nattyhero(m): 9:42am On Apr 28, 2017
opalu:
It's height of recklessness to send close to 1 million students out of school. Simply tell them to register properly

Mr man so you actually feel it's right for a school to operate without a license. I tire for your reasoning. Its ppl like you that also encourage quack doctors shocked 8 shocked
Re: Wike Moves To Ban 5000 Unapproved Secondary Schools In Rivers by aguone(m): 10:23am On Apr 28, 2017
Rivers state should give these so called "quack" schools ultimatum to upgrade and register their schools because the government is not even interested in the quality of education from these schools, but they are more interested in the fact that most of them do not PAY TAXES to the government.
Come to think of it, how many students from this government schools gain admissions into the Unity Schools (Federal government colleges) and universities?
Re: Wike Moves To Ban 5000 Unapproved Secondary Schools In Rivers by Uteghe(m): 10:42am On Apr 28, 2017
shocked Farah Dagogo,a stark illiterate "ex" militant is the Chairman of Rivers State House Ctee on Education? Oh God,why is rapture delayed. Rivers State is in trouble.
Re: Wike Moves To Ban 5000 Unapproved Secondary Schools In Rivers by darlenese(f): 10:57am On Apr 28, 2017
What about the quack Nursery and primary schools ?

I overhead a teacher pronouncing letter Q as kyour cry cry cry
I died !

1 Like

Re: Wike Moves To Ban 5000 Unapproved Secondary Schools In Rivers by ifeanyija(m): 11:08am On Apr 28, 2017
Ebay14:

Well i do not think the pay is the main issue here.. But there are also som govt schools i know that nothing much really happens there. Poor quality teachers too.. All I am saying is that if they ar to close down the schools they should make adequate provision to accommodate the students of possible staff too or help the schools in getting to the requirements standard
they should move to approved schools
Re: Wike Moves To Ban 5000 Unapproved Secondary Schools In Rivers by brojoshua: 2:12pm On Apr 28, 2017
The government will transfer all the students to its own schools
Re: Wike Moves To Ban 5000 Unapproved Secondary Schools In Rivers by mikolo80: 2:32am On Apr 30, 2017
AnthonyDgreat:
The Rivers State government says it has concluded plans to ban all unapproved schools operating in the state with effect from September this year.

State Commissioner for Education,
Prof. Kaniye Ebeku disclosed this when he led members of the Rivers state House of Assembly Committee on Education on an inspection of ongoing rehabilitation work at Government Girls Secondary School, Rumuokwuta in company of officials of the state Ministry of Education.

Prof. Ebeku said about five thousand illegal private schools are operating in the state.

He said that publications will be done in both National and local papers in the coming days with the full names of the affected schools.

According to Ebeku, “We found that there are so many unapproved quacks schools operating in the state and this is not acceptable for many reasons. They deliver poor quality education and because they are operating underground they are
not paying required taxes as legitimate approved organizations.

“We would not want this to continue anymore which is why we want them seize operations.”

Chairman of Rivers State House of
Assembly Committee on Education, Farah Dagogo pledged the commitment of the state
lawmakers to partner the state
ministry of education to ensure the maintenance of all schools infrastructure currently under
rehabilitation by the Rivers State
government.

Dagogo said the Assembly will help to sustain the maintenance of infrastructure in the Education sector of the state.

SOURCE: www.dailyschoolgist.com.ng/2017/04/wike-moves-to-ban-5000-unapproved-secondary-schools-in-rivers/
na wa o. how many sec sch de d whole naija wen 5000 go de rivers fa ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Free NECO Biology Practical Questions And Answers 2021 / Federal Polytechnic Ile-oluji, Ondo State 2015/2016 POST UTME FORM Is Out / JAMB 2020/2021 Latest News - Registration Guidelines And Exam Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.